[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lao Tzu: Humanity grows more and more intelligent, yet there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: iyuricam-001-102a.jpg (328 KB, 864x624) Image search: [Google]
iyuricam-001-102a.jpg
328 KB, 864x624
Lao Tzu: Humanity grows more and more intelligent, yet there is clearly more trouble and less happiness daily. How can this be so? It is because intelligence is not the same thing as wisdom. When a society misuses partial intelligence and ignores holistic wisdom, its people forget the benefits of a plain and natural life. Seduced by their desires, emotions, and egos, they become slaves to bodily demands, to luxuries, to power and unbalanced religion and psychological excuses. Then the reign of calamity and confusion begins. Nonetheless, some people can awaken during times of turmoil to lead others out of the mire. But how can the one liberate the many? By first liberating his own being. He does this not by elevating himself, but by lowering himself. He lowers himself to that which is simple, modest, true; integrating it into himself, he becomes a master of simplicity, modesty, truth. Completely emancipated from his former false life, he discovers his original pure nature, which is the pure nature of the universe. Freely and spontaneously releasing his divine energy, he constantly transcends complicated situations and draws everything around him back into an integral oneness. Because he is a living divinity, when he acts, the universe acts.
>>
>>24600049
Great quote.

You might be able to answer this. I am looking for a video. It was an interview of some old (in his 60s) man. The topic was the end of the world, or rather the end of civilization. This feeling of doom everyone has and what will happen when it all breaks down. He acknowledged this but raised the point that the crazier the world around us becomes, the more "monasteries" will spring up. Islands, refuges of knowledge and wisdom, of truth and simplicity, that would be the nuclei for new civilizations eventually.

It really gave me some hope, but I'm struggling to find it. I wish I did.
>>
>>24600189
It's not like it will happen in your lifetime, you're the lost generation anyway, so why does it even matter? Sure, it will be great in 200 years, so what?
>>
>>24600291
>It's not like it will happen in your lifetime
It doesn't matter. Civilization means passing down knowledge and values to your children. It means engaging in problems and setting up developments than span generations. Why would we invest so much time and energy into something that may or may not be reality in the future? Not so we can feed our egos with short-term success. I think the essence of civilization sacrifice. You sacrifice something of your own being for the greater good.

It just gives me hope that one day my descendants might lead a more fulfilling life than me because of the things I initiated or were part of.
>>
>>24600189
Sounds like something Alan Watts would say.
>>
>>24600189
>some old (in his 60s) man

sounds like youre describing alan watts
>>
>>24600452
You don't really plan on having kids do you?
>>
File: IMG_20151108_165903.jpg (292 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151108_165903.jpg
292 KB, 960x1280
Pure truth and the real solution to robotry.
>>
>>24600702
Yes, I do. Every healthy human does.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.