[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>work in an IT company >recently promoted >tomorrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: panic.jpg (61 KB, 540x511) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
61 KB, 540x511
>work in an IT company
>recently promoted
>tomorrow have to sit in on an interview
>they want me to lead a small team
What do? I never asked for this.
>>
>>24640118
What's the issue, never having done this before, robotism or both?
>>
>>24640424
Never having done it before.
>>
>>24640513
Which aspect of never having done it before?

Having seen newly promoted mangers at my work (fairly chilled out place), they tend to get it a week or two.

Remember to break tasks down simply if people need to learn. Planning what needs to go on and when is key.

Unless people you work with are are arseholes you should be ok, they will know that you are new to this etc. So don't lose this by being an angery boss. Be supportive of them and they should be supportive of you.

It's also good to look like you know what's going on, this goes back to the planning. Also it's good to have their back in any situations that arise (may not happen immediately) but over time will breed loyalty.

Google how to manage and how to taco employees new tasks.

Anything else you want to know from my (limited) experience?
>>
File: 1448054330010.jpg (212 KB, 740x555) Image search: [Google]
1448054330010.jpg
212 KB, 740x555
>>24640118
>be wageslave
>suck jew bosses cock for more money
>didn't ask for this

ayylmao
>>
>>24640118
It means you're doing good Anon, being a leader builds your character. You should go for it.
>>
>>24640118
How you did it anon? Ive been learning it languages half year already, but no idea how use it in practical way? How you got that job dear robot friend??
>>
>>24641103
I'll see how it goes on anon, thanks for the advice.
I'm just nervous since I never held any position where I'd have to delegate before.

>>24641189
I studied CS, but dropped out in the last year due to the tuition being too high and just general lack of motivation.
Then I just landed the job, it was like my second ever interview. Been there for three years, it's not bad.
>>
>>24640118
Don't be a fucking faggot, anon.
What youre experiencing is feeling nervous, a natural part of living
Just fucking go for it, if it goes wrong then people will understand.
>>
Remember a few things...

Before you were judged on your own performance. Now you will be judged on how others perform.

People who were previously friends/coworkers are now your subordinates. You have to adjust to that.

Some of your subordinates will NOT adjust to you supervising them. They will either feel THEY should have been promoted or feel you kissed someone's ass to get the promotion. Either way, they will probably be trouble.

Listen to what subordinates suggest but remember... the decision and the rewards/punishment will be yours.
>>
File: magic.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>24640118

This is a really big opportunity for you and you're going to do great, anon. Just don't overthink it mostly and do your best, you are important. :)
>>
>>24641351
What exactly is your function? Scrum master or something? There are tons of workshops and video trainings on how to be a good leader. They teach you actual techniques to follow (until you develop your own style that works). If you need specific resources just say so and I could provide links to some.
>>
>tfw you post in a thread and it dies
>>
one other thing to remember...

If you are put in charge of a specific project you keep your manager informed but also keep his manager informally informed. Last thing you want happening is taking the blame for a failed project... one that was doomed from the start and they were looking for a fall guy to take the blame.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.