[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>parents are trying to force me to learn how to drive. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Kefka.jpg (83 KB, 510x430) Image search: [Google]
Kefka.jpg
83 KB, 510x430
>parents are trying to force me to learn how to drive.

I'm fucking tired of this. I do not give a single fuck about fucking cars or fucking driving.

Why the fuck do I need a fucking car when all my entertainment is enjoyed at home.

Any of you NEETs able to relate?
>>
>NEET
no you're not
>>
>>24611956
One day, you will need a job. You will live longer than your parents, and they will likely force you out of the house eventually. Your income will have to come from somewhere, and even if you get on welfare, you'll need to go to an office about it, settle accounts, go shopping for more supplies, handle your parents' funeral arrangements, et cetera.

You are not meant to enjoy driving. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. You live in a society where driving is a fundamental skill that your employers and associates will assume you have, and where the society is designed with driving distances in mind instead of walking distances.

Deal with it or an hero.
>>
>>24611956
Yeah

>parents think it'll give me "freedom"
>mom's controlling so don't even think she'd let me go out much anyway
>don't have money for gas so would have to beg for it
>would constantly be made to feel bad for parents buying me a car
>tfw you'd look like even more of a loser because you'd have no one to go see in a car anyway
>>
>>24611956
fake having blackouts

just fall on the floor while just out of sight
they wont let you drive then
>>
>>24612037
not if i FUCKING KILL MYSLEf...,...
>>
>>24612078
>someone 'suddenly' develops an illness that prevents a task
>shortly after being pressed to perform that task
Parenting 101 has trained them for that.
>>
>>24612107
>Deal with it or an hero.
>or an hero
>>
I took driver's school and am ok on the road but have been in 3 car crashes, two of which were my mother's fault and one of them were mine because I was just learning how to drive, it was my first time, and I had one foot on the gas and one on the brake. Crashed into a Good Shephard's warehouse and smashed open a bunch of canned goods that fell from shelves. The third time just happened last week. I'm not even scared to go behind the wheel, which is kind of weird but shit happens.
>>
I hated learning to drive because my father was an impatient asshole who made learn stick and drive on the freeway on the same day. That was probably one of the worst days of my life, but driving eventually got the point where I don't even think about it any more.

I hope you start to enjoy the freedom of driving, even if it seems like a pain in the ass. I don't think there's a better feeling than just wandering with no purpose. I drove out to Barstow yesterday and did absolutely nothing for a few hours, but it was still a good feeling. (It was only $30 worth of gas, but I can afford it).
>>
>>24611956

>mfw learnt to drive a lorry
>crashed
>caused about 2.5 million worth of damage.
>>
>>24612164
>makes an objective mistake
>shit happens
"Why does everything happen to me?"
Because you're a dumb shitbag.
>>
>>24612434
>implying "shit happens" = complaining about my situation

autism? I think so.
>>
>>24612107
Then do it already and save the world some oxygen.
>>
>>24611956
Driving is fun (especially manual) and is a good skill to learn so I don't see the issue it's not like its hard or takes that long to be competent.
>>
>>24612271
>Barstow
Drove through there once when driving across US. Central California is a weird place - all that no water.
>>
>>24612164
>I had one foot on the gas and one on the brake
Just stop driving.
>>
>Live in NYC
>Literally never need a car

Only downside is I live in NYC
>>
>>24612495
I know how to drive auto fine, but I've never driven stick before. Is it hard to transition?
>>
>>24612766
A bit at first but it doesn't really take too long, funnily enough the hardest part for me was getting back in an auto and getting annoyed at the lack of a clutch.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.