[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lonely feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1416565510641.jpg (169 KB, 1012x1060) Image search: [Google]
1416565510641.jpg
169 KB, 1012x1060
>tfw you go a week without talking to someone who understands and cares about you and you can feel depression hitting you like a ton of bricks

I don't know if that's normal or if I'm just dependent and needy. I feel awful now, and yet I also feel like trying to find someone I can open up and relate to is a lost cause. How do I stop this feeling like I'm being crushed inside?
>>
>>24604276
Masturbate until the end
>>
>>24604430
It doesn't stop this terrible feeling. It's like there's actually something pressing upon me.
>>
>>24604276
I think it's normal anon, I'm experiencing the same thing right now. I became really attached to this guy and I consider him my best friend, it's really hard for me to connect with people but I kind of can with him and I trust and care for him a lot and he says he trusts and cares for me as well. But he's been ignoring me all day today and I'm worried that I did something wrong, I can feel the depression hitting me too even though it's only been a day.
My only advice is to be cautious on who you open up to and don't get too attached so soon. You will be able to find someone you can relate to and who you will trust and care for and they will trust and care for you as well. You're not dependent or needy, people need social interaction, there is nothing wrong with you.
This is going to hurt a lot if you have no one you can open up to and relate to and you're going to feel very lonely, but you will get used to it and you'll be able to be happy by yourself. I'm very sorry that this is happening to you and I wish you the best of luck with trying to find a friend. I wish you the best of luck anon, I know it's hard right now but you'll manage to cope and find happiness on your own. I believe in you.
>>
can we talk about social bullshit now

im 20 and a virgin and people younger then me always go like "fuck i havent gotten laid in 3 weeks man what do i do" holy shit i want to die inside THEy DONT KNOW DO THEY
>>
>>24604430
This. Masturbate become an alcoholic like me
>>
>>24604276
>Tfw you've never opened up to anyone
I don't want people to think less of me and I don't want to be a needy burden or a worry to someone. I just shitpost on here instead desperate for attention
What the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>24604506
But you know there's not, just masturbate and think about how nice it feels and then how our feelings don't matter because they are not ourselves.
>>
>>24604637
Here, take this (You). You earned it.
>>
>>24604554
I actually used to be just fine with being alone, back when I could withdraw from everything and get lost in escapism. Life doesn't permit me to do that now, and I have no idea how I can cope without it. Now I just begin to feel that positive, empathetic, caring, accepting part of me wither away and I start to hate myself.

>>24604637
I think the term is fear of intimacy. It's a feel I know well.

>>24604665
My feelings may not be me but they're pretty damned persistent.
>>
Masturbation is pretty bad when lonely and aware of it. Likewise with substance abuse.

>>24604554
Probably the most compassionate answer you'll find on this site.

Pretty fucking lonely now as well. Although I really have no reason to complain. I did this to myself.

Talking here and now in circles for a while might help.
>>
>>24604637
That's just your way of coping, I understand that you don't want to be a burden or a worry to someone, but keeping everything to yourself isn't a good way to deal with what you go through. Maybe one day you'll be able to find someone who you can trust enough to open up to, and that won't think less of you. You'll still worry about being a burden to them, but they'll remind you that you aren't.
>>
File: jTxhOSJ.jpg (154 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
jTxhOSJ.jpg
154 KB, 444x444
Hmm, do you guys really have 0 friends? I'm shy and awkward like the rest of you, but I have one chad friend who I've known for a very long time, I just call him up and literally say "I want friends can you help me out?" and he helps me meet people who like the same stuff as me.

If you guys have even a single friends, just ask them to help you make new ones, they will most likely be eager to see you break out your shell, at least in my experience.
>>
>>24604709
I understand how you feel, hopefully one day you'll be able to manage with being alone again and you won't need to depend on someone else for happiness. You'll be able to cope with being alone eventually, I'm sorry this is happening to you and I hope that you don't have to cope with being alone and that you can find someone you can open up to and they won't leave.

>>24604791
Thank you, I'm really sorry that you're feeling lonely too. Threads like these may help each one of us feel better and give us other to talk to. I don't want to pry and ask what you did to yourself to make you feel so lonely, but if you want to open up and share you can, I'm here to listen if you need me to.
>>
File: 1442845257044.png (529 KB, 1015x1527) Image search: [Google]
1442845257044.png
529 KB, 1015x1527
>>24604914
>do you guys really have 0 friends?
yes

>I have one chad friend
I think I smell a normie
>>
File: 1379859704521.jpg (11 KB, 146x147) Image search: [Google]
1379859704521.jpg
11 KB, 146x147
>>24604276
>a week
>>
>>24604914
I have friends, I have a lot of people who try to talk to me and who want to be my friend. The problem is that I always feel very out of place around others and it's very hard for me to connect with anyone. I was recently out with a group of friends and it was nice, but I still felt miserable and very out of place. I shouldn't be complaining though, since there are a lot of people who would talk to me. I guess I'm just picky.
>>
>>24605038
Really? Sorry to hear that man, I have no idea how to help you.

And I wouldn't say I'm a normie seeing as I spend hours upon hours of my life on this website, and every time I do socially interact with people I stay really quiet and can barely express myself or function socially, somehow people still like me tho... maybe its because im

being myself :^)
>>
File: 1444449346163.gif (545 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1444449346163.gif
545 KB, 350x263
i want to talk about my loneliness but i don't know how to word it
why does my social retardness have to leak online.
>>
>>24605118
I'm the same way man, dont you hate it when one of them tells a joke or something and they all laugh and you dont find it the least bit funny but you still have to pretend to laugh so you dont seem like a miserable fuck. That's the worst.
>>
>>24604914
I have one e-friend who I talk with occasionally. I'm NEET and too old for that not to be weird and I live in the middle of nowhere.

>>24604930
>I hope that you don't have to cope with being alone and that you can find someone you can open up to and they won't leave.
I hope that too but I also know that I'm not actually relationship material and I can't offer anyone enough for them to want me in their life. As for not needing to depend on anyone, well, I've been trying to change myself for a long time and I've never been able to.

>>24605091
Like I said in another reply I used to be fine with being alone. It's not that I'd never had to be alone for longer than that before. I realize how it sounds, though.
>>
>>24605091
So much this.

normies get out
>>
>>24605210
I know how you feel. Even anonymously it can be hard to voice your feelings.
>>
>>24605225
Exactly, and sometimes they have inside jokes with all of them except for you and it makes you feel even more excluded, even though they probably don't mean to make you feel that way.

>>24605246
I'm sure there is someone, somewhere who would love you for everything that you are. I know that sounds silly and everyone says that, but maybe eventually you'll find someone, you don't have to constantly be looking for someone and you probably already know this but you don't need a romantic relationship to be happy. You should try finding friends before trying to find a partner. I'm sure there is something you have to offer for people to want to have you in their lives. Maybe you can both make great conversation, maybe you both have similar experiences that you can bond over, maybe you both bond over some weird anime you both like. I found someone through a kids mmo (roblox, long story why I was playing some kids mmo) back in April. By trying to change yourself do you mean trying to change yourself so that you don't need to depend on anybody? Don't try to force it, you're going to be able to be able make yourself happy and you won't need to depend on others, but when the time comes when you do meet someone who you can open up to please be cautious and don't become too attached so you don't get hurt.
>>
>>24605438
How long am I supposed to wait? It's been a very long time already. I can make friends but I can't open up to them and it just feels tedious and pointless, unless they're female and then I eventually find myself attracted to them.

I do mean trying to change so that I don't have to depend on anyone so much, yeah. I've seen a lot of mental health professionals over the years and none of them have been much help to me. I think I need the right kind of environment for such a huge change, like not just an hour in a therapist's office every week or two, but a way to get away from life and be able to remake myself.

I've opened up to people before and it's never been too terrible an experience, thankfully. At this point I do know well enough not to throw myself in head first, at least.
>>
>>24605438
Robots will never feel the pain of being stuck in limbo between popularity and lonliness.

I feel like everyone I know does not care about me in the slightest. Bro, I just want a gf so that somebody can love me, you know? and I can love them, like is that so much to ask? I just want love. I'm exposed to girls all the time and for the life of me I can't attract any of them. Marvin Gaye pls help me.
>>
>>24605637
I lived that limbo near the end of high school.

Alone, but was like the 4th backup option for a couple groups of friends. It was awful, because I felt pressured to do things with these people I knew never gave a shit about me. So much wasted time.

And, of course, none of us kept in touch by summer.
>>
watch cute animu
>>
>>24605611
I don't know, I'm sorry. Maybe a change in environment would be a good help, joining groups of some sort may help since I understand you're older and it's harder to make new friends as you grow older. I'm sorry that my advice probably isn't much help to you, but I really hope that things do get better for you in the future. I'm sorry I can't think of anything else to say.

>>24605637
I getcha, I understand what you mean. That's not too much to ask for at all, finding a gf is hard, especially finding one who you can connect with and who loves you as much as you love her. I wish you the best of luck man, I hope that you can find someone to love and who will love you back.
>>
I'm 24 and feel like it's too late to find a girl who doesn't have a past...you know, fucked 10+ chads, was in 3 serious relationships and stuff.

All that shit I can't handle. It might be worse, she might have a sex tape.

So I've decided to stop looking and have accepted that I will be alone . Yeah I might meet a bitch here and there as I'm a social butterfly but I won't expect much.

Fuck my ex for leaving me but it was probably a good thing as I wasn't attracted to her anymore and she was someone I didn't want to marry.
>>
>>24605871
Thank you all the same for your kind words. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful. I appreciate your sympathy, and doubly so because it's here of all places. I hope that things work out with your friend and you don't have to suffer the loneliness you're feeling.
>>
File: 1442668829960.png (277 KB, 688x659) Image search: [Google]
1442668829960.png
277 KB, 688x659
>Meet perfect qt, loves me, go on adventures
>Wake up, realize it was a dream
>Spend rest of the day trying to remember her face

I wasn't prepared for feels of this magnitude
>>
>>24606437
You don't sound ungrateful at all, it's hard to show emotion through text and I understand that you're going through a really tough time. I really do hope that things get better for you and I hope that my words don't sound cold or emotionless and that it's probably weird that a complete stranger on here cares, but I understand what you're going through and I really feel for you. Thank you so much for your kind words as well, hopefully things will go well and I will hear from him tomorrow or in a few days. I wish the best for you and that you can find others to become closer to, I hope that the loneliness you're feeling fades away as well. Good luck anon, I wish for the best for you.
>>
>>24606519
look on the internet, the way that dreams work is that you can fill in the face after the fact, yet still retain the memory of the dream.

find a real cutie and cherish the memory
>>
>>24604637
The only time I have opened up to somebody is when I got very high on MDMA and sent a lot of really stupid facebook messages to a person I hadn't talked to in years.
I hate it.
>>
>>24604914
I have 2 friends.

I might say hi to them every year or so.

I couldn't possibly handle any more social interactions in my life, too much as is.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.