[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everything has to be so fucking hard? A whole life,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: m1CYcjN.gif (481 KB, 460x348) Image search: [Google]
m1CYcjN.gif
481 KB, 460x348
Why does everything has to be so fucking hard?
A whole life, 30 whole years battling against all kind of shit thrown at you.
Shit hometown, shit home environment, shit friends, shit life opportunities,
You psychology and character developed in those shit situations and now you
are depressed as fuck. No friends, no future, no dreams.
Sometimes you feel your body weighing tons and you are incapable of doing anything.
You just sit on your computer, listening to music, sobbing and thinking what the fuck went wrong?
Where did you screw up? Did you even screw up?
You tried to exit this gloomy mess, but couldn't. You truly tried.
Are you playing this fucking game of life in the hardest difficulty?

You didn't happen to be born to a wealthy and loving family, meet good friends,
evolve your character to the best as you can be and be happy.
Get presented with good opportunities. No.
You just fucking lucked out.

And here you are,
No friends, no job, living with your parents who they hate you, depressed as fuck.
And that fucking constant heartburn which doesn't go away.

Am I the only one?
>>
No, you're not the one, but I'm not as sad as you are. I'm trying so hard to get through school but it's also excruciatingly hard. I have a good opportunity, but taking advantage of it is miserable.
>>
>>30021265
you are not the only one. normies will tell you that you haven't tried hard enough or that you are making excuses but the truth is that some of us just had too many handicaps and too little support. i think you can survive almost anything as long as you have a decent family or manage to find one or two sympathetic souls by chance but if you are completely alone after being destroyed, you are not playing a fair game and can not be measured by the same standards. life is a completely different experience when you have suffered forever.

my only advice is to make the most of it. i don't mean strive for those things that you probably can't achieve now but to really make the most of what is achievable for you. learn to value and accept yourself and remember that you are still worth something even if you are irreparably damaged or impaired. you don't need the respect or love of anyone at this point because you've made it this far without them. just do what you can to make your life matter to you, whatever that may be.
>>
>>30021371
>you don't need the respect or love of anyone at this point because you've made it this far without them

holy shit, that kind of moved me.
thanks anon :-)
>>
fuck, anon i'll be your friend if we can have a conversation about silent hill.
>>
>>30021727

1 will always be forever magical to me because of nostalgia and music
2 and 3 were equally good and atmospheric and unsettling in a good horror way. also best music
Never finished 4.
Origins was ok
Homecoming was good. I genuinely liked it.
Downpour was ok, the characters were realistic enough, and despite the shitty gameplay and enemies, it was ok.
>>
>>30021834
i love 1, 2, and 3 so much. i actually have a lot of borderline autistic theories about the town and some of the characters that i feel would be too much to type on a singular post on 4chan. i'm in the same boat as you though about 4, i have yet to finish it. recently broke up with boyfriend who bought it for me last Christmas, we didn't get a chance to finish it because of my narcissist mother disliking him so much to the point that it drove me to break up with him. i don't know if i could ever finish it without him being there to play with me.
>>
>>30021902
1,2,3 best trilogy, Konami never going back to that excellency again.
cherish those 3 games forever

also you gay or grill? out of curiosity.

I'm gay.
>>
>>30021973
grill, sorry family
what made you not finish 4? i'm enjoying(still am/was?) how much of a dumbass/norman Henry is and how vague the plot is. didn't get to make it out of the water tower world yet.
>>
>>30022035

I think I got stuck to a room where you couldn't exit?
You exited but then you jumped back to the same room?

I had IRL things going on like school and shits, and then I forgot about it, hadn't played it since then, must have been like 8 years.

It's on my backlog now, along with 100 other games, lol.

also yes, Henry was uninteresting and dull. I felt no "SH magic"
>>
>>30021265
Should've rolled a better character dude.
>>
>>30021834
>>30021902
>>30021973
ITT retards. The only good SH was 2.
>>
>>30022162
Maybe next time I will.

>>30022179
Hello obnoxious person with no personal taste.

You just parrot what the hippie game reviewers say.
Do you suck that zero punctuation guy dick as well?
>>
>>30021265
I feel sad for you. It's weird because I even have the opportunities to have a good life but I'm just sitting on my lazy ass everyday changing nothing.
I hope you can improve your situation somehow
>>
>>30022302
No, I have absolutely no idea who these people are, and I played it back when printed magazines still existed.

SH2 is the only one that drops the cult bullshit and explores the human condition and the idea of a personal hell, which is a billion times more powerful than LOL DEMON BABBIES.
>>
>>30022355
Yeah, 2 is great at all aspects.

But you can't just deny a solid good game like 1 and 3 because they are not AS good as another game.

That's just childish.

Ignore the story of 1 and 3, there you go, solid atmospheric, unease, gloom.

Stop being such an elitist, give them a chance.

Same goes for homecoming. Not so great story, but solid game overall.
>>
>>30022424
>give them a chance.
I played them all except the last two and the spinoffs, which I've watched on Youtube.

If you ignore the story, there's no game, it's just a retarded tank TPS. Nothing after The Room was even remotely scary in any way, and even there the only scary bits were the ones in the actual room.
>>
>>30022483

Well, it's not for anyone or anytime.

You have to be open and ready to absorb whatever the hell something gives you. Perhaps you were not in the right mood.

I got a great feel from nearly all SH games.

anyway, that's what I think.
>>
>>30021371
I substituted my family with fellow recruits. it worked like a fucking dream.
>>
>>30022593
Haha yeah Paranormal Activity 6 is the best one yet so spookeh XD
>>
>>30022644
:-(
no, that was just slock for the dumb masses.
>>
>>30022141
hey OP, grill here, thanks for the convo as i was feeling kinda down today myself. the only advice i can give you is to try to fight your way through the hellhole that you're in right now and leave it behind. make the shitty situation into a learning experience, and use it to make yourself a better person and rid your inner demons, like James in SH2. best of luck to you man
>>
>>30023130
>like James in SH2
Before he drowned in the car?
>>
>>30023205
bro leave ending is canon ending
>>
File: 1285131571021.jpg (112 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
1285131571021.jpg
112 KB, 800x1131
>>30021265
>heartburn
For me, it's stomach cramps. I do know that 30+, no job, living with parents feel though. Can't wake up.
>>
>>30023239
>leaving with a literal hellspawn you created to torture yourself in the same exact way until the end of days instead of breaking samsara
Alrighty then.
>>
>>30023401
Laura ain't that bad, if anything I saw her as a sweet reminder of Mary, since Mary wanted to adopt her before she died.
>>
>>30023458
Sorry, I was obviously thinking of the Maria ending, where you leave with her. Where the hell does she end up in the leave ending, I forgot?
>>
File: 1468807839561.jpg (46 KB, 540x541) Image search: [Google]
1468807839561.jpg
46 KB, 540x541
>>30021265
Heh, I bet ya can't even win RoonSkeip against me 1v1.
>>
>>30023519
James adopts her. You can see James walking behind her through the cemetery in the Leave ending.
>>
>>30023770
>James adopts her.
Maria goddamnit, where does Maria end up, it's not even on the wiki.
>>
Life can be garbage, mayne.

I'm pretty normie. I've had my share of regrets, and there are things about the hand I was dealt that I think fucked me over socially and in terms of life experience, but overall I've come out pretty lucky. So usually my advice on /r9k/ is, like >>30021371 said, "you aren't trying"/"you're making excuses"/"you're just self-pitying". And often enough I think that's definitely the case because seriously, this is /r9k/, you know what this fucking place is like.

But it's probably not helpful advice, because the who it applies to won't listen to it, and the people it doesn't apply to don't need to hear it. It's hard to come up with something helpful to say to posts like yours because I don't really know your situation, but a good rule of thumb is, don't try to do it on your own. Reach out to anyone for emotional help, even if all you've got is your family. Maybe see if your parents will help you see a therapist.

Even if your life might not ever be what you wanted it to be, it can generally get better than where it's at now.
>>
>>30021265
>And that fucking constant heartburn which doesn't go away.
try nexium famalam
>>
File: 1468794368200.jpg (396 KB, 1536x817) Image search: [Google]
1468794368200.jpg
396 KB, 1536x817
>>30021265
You're experiencing the slow but inevitable decay of society.

The standard of living has been slowly declining for the past 60 years.

Back in the baby boomer era, f you had a job, a high school education, and basic social skills, you'd be virtually guaranteed a family home with a wife far less likely to cheat or have experience with 20 Chad Thundercocks.

At least you're not in a country like Japan or South Korea where pic related is already completely relevant.
>>
>>30021265
No one told you to get on drugs and get cucked by the town witch, Lisa. ffs take responsibility
>>
>>30023982
Except the feudal serf, when he got enough of that shit, could just get a pitchfork and stab the shit out of the guy doing it to him.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.