[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: 1427229155585.png (539 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1427229155585.png
539 KB, 633x758
Depression and crippling anxiety thread.
Normies need not reply.

I just feel sad now,no actual reason,just feel lonely and sad. Share your feelings bros,so we can be sad together.

>also,depressing music thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXVQNSlFJ6M
>>
>>30017860
Don't worry, you'll outgrow your teenage angst one day.
>>
>>30017860
I have reasons, I dont' know where to go from here in my life, I've been a neet for years, I'm socially retarded, I'm addicted to various things, my family hates me, I still think about a girl I barely knew years ago every day and it's usually in the context of what a loser she would think me of, I failed college, I can't get a grip.

I just can't get a grip and time is flying, I spent all day laying in bed dealing with mental bullshit, I just don't know anymore, it's just a fog now.
>>
File: 1408139209159.jpg (703 KB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
1408139209159.jpg
703 KB, 986x1000
>>30017930
at this point it even isn't teenage angst,im 19 and I think I just have no direction.
>>
File: darksouls.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
darksouls.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>30017964
This might sound insulting,but I never wanna be where you are now,but it feels thats the exact place I will be.
>>
>>30018017
>it isn't teenage angst
>im 19
>posts "depressing music"
>>
>>30018017
nearly no one has direction when they're 19

why do you think so many people switch majors in college? it's like 80% or something, and those are the people with enough direction to go to college in the first place.
>>
>>30018052
the other day I was thinking about killing myself, I thought about how I would do it and when, then I just started fapping for a day straight, then I woke up and fapped again, then I slept all day.

I am not alive.
>>
>>30018052
I'm 23 btw.

I went to college when I was 20 with a ged, and failed after 2 semesters, I would say "i never recovered" but I was never normal to begin with.

I'm "kys" tier.
>>
>>30018116
I can't even come to r9k without getting shit on,thanks
>>
My girlfriend left me three months ago. I was her first boyfriend, she was my first girlfriend. We had our first time together. Two years and a half together, she breaks up because 'she doesnt want to waste her teenagehood without knowing how is it to hang out with other people'.

Next day she's into another pseudo-famous youtuber. Then she proceeds to hang out with other people and then she starts a relationshiop with another youtuber.

After she left me, i fell into depression. She meant very much to me and, given how fast she was into other guys and the reason she gave me, i meant nothing to her. Im still depressed i and desperately need someone again by now, but im just the below-average guy with nothing to offer.

I'll spend the rest of my life alone, i guess.
>>
I haven't spoken to anyone in forever
i don't think i know how to talk to people anymore
>>
>>30018395
This isn't your safe space.

I didn't mean to be rude. But you're not depressed, it's just angst. Having no direction in life at your age is common.
>>
>>30018471
No you should definitly fuck off from r9k.
You're no robot
>>
>>30018504
How so?

I am not denying that depression exists. There are other people in this thread who seem to genuinely suffer from it, which is why I haven't replied to them. OP is not depressed. This much should be clear. He's not a special snowflake for being directionless at his age.
>>
>>30018538
Just out of curiosity, what are you basing that on? I don't see anything in the OP that indicates that he isn't depressed, there isn't even that much content.
>>
>>30018646
I'm operating on the assumption that >>30018017 is OP.

Anyone who is genuinely depressed won't listen to "depressing" music, since that's reveling in it. It's like people who do that on some level WANT to have that label. As I've said, there's nothing abnormal about lacking direction at nineteen, and he did say he was nineteen. It's normal for teenagers to experience angst, which is different from full blown depression. It's just hormones, teenagers are moody, lonely and sad frequently even if they have reason to be happy or are surrounded by friends and a gf.
>>
>get first gf finally at 23
>lose virginity
>start working out and eating right
>move out of parents' house and get my own place
>don't enjoy sex
>don't feel emotionally attached to gf or really anyone
>don't enjoy any of my old hobbies
>don't enjoy exercising
>feel like my brain is in a fog and i can't think properly
>feel bored and apathetic all the time
>just doing things that i feel like i'm supposed to do
>nobody knows because i act like i'm happy and i'm good at pretending
What am I supposed to do?
>>
File: 1370234982236.jpg (19 KB, 273x257) Image search: [Google]
1370234982236.jpg
19 KB, 273x257
Is it still depression if I feel terrible and guilty and sad and hopeless about everything but only when I go to bed?
>>
File: 1463301646252.jpg (40 KB, 550x357) Image search: [Google]
1463301646252.jpg
40 KB, 550x357
>>30018699
Oh I gotcha, I didn't read the thread before I responded.
>>
This is my go to song when I'm sad after a breakup or some shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5F633xSsY
>>
>>30018729
keep going,
maybe start drinking, it helps...
>>
>>30017860
I'm a quadriplegic robot and I'm not even depressed, wtf is your guys' excuse?
>>
I posted a couple of threads on here about dealing with public transport whilst having crippling anexity or some general form of anexity, while many of the responses were generally just listening to music and doing something that doesn't attract attention, it still doesn't help that fact that there is an element of human interaction.

Being me, I stopped leaving the house altogether. I really cannot deal with the shit going on today.

>inb4 oh anon, you're just afraid.
No. Being on a limited space where you are unfamiliar with is undescribable -- I'm pretty sure everyone on here can relate.

If this is bad, then me being an anxious shut-in who checks that the doors are locked and that everything is turned off at night is something that could make a normal person go crazy or at least AWOL.

And just some stats;
>Last time I went out was in January (by family member who drove me to my physiatrist)
>Have been like this for nearly 4 years

So, anyone else who is one the same lines as me?
>>
>>30018947
>I have it worse off than other people therefore nobody with limbs can be depressed
>>
>tfw you realize that you are an unlikable person at such a fundamental level that it can't be fixed
>>
>>30019032
This. I'm an unlikeable, manipulative asshole who can't even force himself to think of others.
>>
>>30019018
I have my limbs. Looking back as when I was able bodied, I'd slap the fuck out of myself for ever being sad. Count your blessings.
>>
>You're not really depressed
>I'M the only real depressed person here
>You're all just normies reeeee

how to be a fat neet on r9k 101
>>
>>30018971
>crippling anexity or some general form of anexity

You sure you don't mean dyslexia?
>>
File: haruka 20.jpg (364 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
haruka 20.jpg
364 KB, 1280x720
I went down to the theater today. The only play was a crying clown who could only frown and the play went on for hours.
>>
>>30018904
I don't recommend using alcohol as self-medication, it'll fuck you up even worse.
>>
File: 1468384928421.png (696 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1468384928421.png
696 KB, 633x758
>>30017930
My teenage angst didn't start until I was 18.

It's been going on for 2 years now.
>>
>>30019281
>gnome

Good man.
>>
>>30020115
>he's only 20
Sorry to tell you it doesn't get any better, mate.
>>
>>30018729
Keep that mask on as long as you can. I opened up and got shat on. Never again
>>
>just get a job, everything will get better when you start doing things
>i get a job
>it gets hella worse
>i quit after some time
>well shit now what
I'm trying to better myself hoping it will help. Starter running, working on my posture because i was slauching just a bit. Trying to learn how to play guitar and yet the idea of getting a job, being responsible for things fills me with dread. And yet i had few jobs already. I don't think i had a nice enjoyable human interaction in years.

Even though I'm attempting to do something, it all feels so hollow and pointless. And on top of that i sound like im straight outta linkin park album, fucking end me.
>>
So here's why I feel super shitty
>boyfriend wants to live in Michigan
>mom says no
>we live in Wisconsin
>he's questioning his love for me
>we've been together a little over a year
>his mom just walked out on his dad
>she's looking for a job
>my bf is super stressed
>he says he wants everyone to be happy
>he says his love for me is fading but it's still there
>I'm at his house taking care of his dogs
>I let dogs outside
>I go up to his room
>lie in his bed
>cry harder than I ever have in my life
>sob for 2 hours or so
>text dad to pick me up cuz I didn't want to bike home and people stare at my red face
>dad asks what's wrong
>explain situation
>dad brings me home
>I cry saying I want mom
>she's away and divorced btw
>he gets frustrated and calls me a baby
>I like talking with mom because we both have bad anxiety and severe ADHD
>I text my bf saying I'm sad
>no reply
>text my mom
>no reply until a few hours later
>she makes me feel 100% better but u know still really shitty

BF if u find this I'm sorry but I couldn't post anywhere else where people would t know who I am, I gotta let steam off somehow

TLDR: metal disorders and bad situations don't go good together
>>
>>30017964
You need medication if you're truly stuck in a bad spot. It is ridiculously hard to just willpower oneself out of depression and isolation etc. Just try eating better and exercising and all that jazz first, and make sure to read up on the numerous medications available. I would suggest avoiding SSRI/SNRI initially.
>>
>>30018301
Been there done that. You need routine and healthy activities in general. Eating good is important.
>>
>>30021049
avoid all medication if possible, it just turns you into zombie mode
>>
>>30018756
Might be the beginning of depression.

>>30018971
In a similar situation. It is possible to deal with these anxieties and fears but it's really hard work (though it is worth it, the isolated life is terrible regardless of personality, particularly when the reason you're isolated is fear/anxiety and so on).

I've been an outcast shut-in for so long that i have no idea how i'm supposed to become even remotely normal again but at least i can do some basic shit outside the house now without getting tunnelvision and anxiety attacks. Small regular steps is the key.
>>
>>30021273
There are anti-depressants that are essentially pseudo-stimulants, like bupropion.
>>
>>30020491
Unless you really have the will to change and improve your life, and that requires getting out of your comfort zone
>>
>>30018301
The fog is from fapping so much. Before you kill yourself give nofap a try
>>
>>30017860
God-tier taste in music anon

I've been looking for this song for so long, you have no idea.It always gives me goosebumps.Thank you I guess.
>>
Does your psychiatrist laugh at your problems?
>>
>>30017860
I'm losing my hair, I'm covered in acne, I haven't had a friend since I was 16 (I'm 20 now), never had a gf, I don't talk to anyone, I don't go anywhere, I don't do anything. I can't wait to die.
>>
>>30022613
what do you do then all day, sitting here shitposting?
>>
How do I get over anxiety and depression and begin my life?
>>
>>30017930
I'm in my thirties and still have major depression. It doesn't just go away unfortunately.
>>
>>30018421
what is her youtube?
>>
anyways... im out trying to sleep now. still the best thing to forget all this shit. Close your eyes and turn off your brain for a few hours...
>>
File: 1468139553736.png (564 KB, 956x720) Image search: [Google]
1468139553736.png
564 KB, 956x720
I make all my posts with a cute anime girl so people will notice me.
>>
File: tf3.jpg (69 KB, 616x618) Image search: [Google]
tf3.jpg
69 KB, 616x618
I need to find a different remedy
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.