[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drinking while on antidepressants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1437419562917.jpg (69 KB, 736x749) Image search: [Google]
1437419562917.jpg
69 KB, 736x749
Is this bad? Or at least any worse than just drinking normally?
>>
>>30001578
I drank on Paxil and Wellbutrin and blacked out and woke up the next morning on someone's lawn. That said it was six years ago and never had anything similar happen with just Paxil and now just Prozac, of any dosage. Something about the combination though made me turn into a complete drunken mess and/or black out constantly though. Just my exp, yours may be different.
>>
>>30001578
Depends on the anti depressant, but yes, typically bad.
>>
It's definitely not healthy, but if you're drinking enough to damage your health you probably don't give a fuck about that anyway.

I'm not sure if it was the combination of SSRI+drink or just the drink, but in my case what happened after a few months of heavy drinking was I got a gallstone that blocked my bile duct and gave me pancreatitis. It was incredibly painful and I spent a few days in the hospital and then had to have my gallbladder taken out. I still get the shits once or twice a week due to not having a normal digestive system anymore and I can never drink again because it will fuck up my pancreas. Oh and I have chronic gastritis from drinking which causes me awful stomach pains every once in a while.

Long story short it's not worth it.
>>
is drinking normally to you just having a few drinks the entire night and staying hydrating? you'll be fine. or is it binge drinking alone? then probably not

you should ask whoever prescribed you this medication, they will 99% discourage you, there are probably good reasons why
>>
File: 9f5[1].gif (400 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
9f5[1].gif
400 KB, 488x519
it's going to ruin the anti depressant
>>
>>30001578
tl;dr it's a really bad idea, don't do it unless you're only having one or two drinks on rare occasions, preferably with your psychiatrist's blessing.

full answer: I drink daily on lithium, abilify, wellbutrin and propranolol and I'm probably destroying my liver. The alcohol increases the effectiveness of all of the medications that I take, which means that the doses get fucked up, which means that it's a lot harder on my body than it would be if I wasn't drinking at all. I get fucked up on much less liquor than I did back when I wasn't on all these meds. I've talked with my psychiatrist about my alcohol use before and she gets my blood tested more frequently as a result, and encouraged me to reduce my consumption as much as possible so I don't hurt myself irreversibly. It also severely fucks with my sleep. It's just a bad idea, man.
>>
>>30001720
the antidepressants get worked of by the liver, so your liver is already working hard to get it off your body. if you add alcohol to this which also has to go through the liver you are destroying it extremeley faster
>>
>>30001882
Makes sense. I'm thankful that I got sick and had to stop when I did or else I'd have much bigger problems by now.
>>
Drinking while on meds is not that bad. I do it almost daily.

Keep in mind two things: drinks will affect you more, and it will take you longer to sober up. So moderate yourself and you'll be okay
>>
>>30001882
I had Serotonin poisoning from stupidly taking too many SSRI's and I was an alcoholic. Do not fucking do this, I could barely function or even walk for a few days. Its either one or the other.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.