[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do they do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-07-15 13.35.29-2.jpg (99 KB, 700x539) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-15 13.35.29-2.jpg
99 KB, 700x539
Do normies (and forgive the word, this isn't a meme/bait post, it's just the quickest way to say it) have Facebook or Skype groups, or ongoing group texts, or something to keep up on social news within their friendgroups?

I seriously have no clue how they do it, most of my normie friends aren't the type to have long phone conversations with anyone who isn't a girl they're orbiting, and from my own limited experience (trigger warning, I do have some friends) it's incredibly hard to get even a small group of people together. How do normies just get large groups of people together?

Is it Facebook groups and whatnot? I'm always triggered by those because I don't want people to see it and think I'm slighting them by not giving them an invite, or whatever.

>tfw only a couple IRL friends have invited you to group chats, and both chats quickly died

SIDENOTE: This question is for people who are not in school, college or otherwise, obviously. Highschoolfags shouldn't even be in here, this is an adult board.

tl;dr how the fuck do normies get groups together
>>
Me and my friends have a group chat on facebook thats been going on since high school. (we're all around 22 now) It dies off a lot but someone eventually posts about something and the convo is rekindled again.

It's gotten to the point that it's pretty much impossible to get everyone to a single hangout, maybe once a year if we're lucky. Even if you can only get one or two friends to go, just do it anyway. It was kinda awkward for us at first since we were always used to our big group. It's tougher to hold a conversation with just one or two people. But I think our friendships got better that way since we got to know each other in a different way.

Don't worry about having everyone at one hangout all the time, and go for it even if it's just one or two people.
>>
>>29981538
So IRL group chats aren't just a meme, or some event-specific thing that are deleted after it happens. Good to know. Honestly, thanks. I didn't know that.
>tfw left the few group convos you were invited to because I thought they were just failed memes
>>
>>29981329
>tfw you dont have a large group of friends to go on LAN parties every weekend with
>>
File: 1449214210976.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449214210976.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>29981949
>tfw you don't even enjoy LAN parties
Even my fellow autist shut-ins don't have common interests with me.
>>
>>29982359
nothing wrong with not liking them m8, i just always wanted a close group of friends to play vidya with, even if it was something simple like 4 player splitscreen on n64
>>
>>29981329
I've had Facebook group chats with my group of friends for 4 years now. They have always been very active. When we had more friends we would exchange hundreds of messages a day. Right now it might be an average of 20 a day. If you can't maintain a chat then I feel bad for you. Your friends probably don't like you all that much.
>>
>>29982658
Oh, something else. I've met several people, mostly normie girls, who despise group chats. If I added them and it was too active, they left. They claimed that they didn't like all of the notifications. I don't blame them though, since some chats can devolve into a constant flow of shitposting.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.