[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay anons I need a bit of help How can I get rid of depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: crrrr.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
crrrr.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Okay anons I need a bit of help
How can I get rid of depression? I don't want to visit any doctors and eat pills.
Yesterday I was at party with buddies, I drank quite a lot of alcohol, everything was going good, my mood rocketed to like 1000% didnt give a shit about anything was happy about everything. There I also had a chance to dance for the first time with a girl that I really like. I was going to get drunk asap just to give a shit slightly less than normally, so atleast I can dance or move body for a bit instead of sitting at a table or standing like a wood, because I feel shy and awkward. I still made as less eye contact as possible, though as I noticed later no one ABSOLUTELY gave a fuck about me, others, how they dance etc. So everything went better than expected. Today I got up out of bed and I felt so fucking lonely/alone that I want to kill myself. I feel guilty for SOMETHING, but i didn't do anything bad there, so i have no idea why i feel like that. I just want to cry for no fucking reason as well. I feel emptyness in my mind and soul. I know this may influence the fact that I'm in love with that girl, but this can't be the main reason, so I guess depression is the problem here. How do I stay positive all the time, constantly smiling, not being sad all the time and unsatisfied? How do I cut out suicide out of my mind? I'm planning to leave 4chan especially r9k soon for good. I also listen to electronic music, but it's mostly has sad melody. Do I switch for anything else? Thanks for help, shitposters gtfo
>>
>>29970294
you cant get rid of depression

honestly if I were you i'd reconsider my priorities
I found a medication that "worked" at the cost of erections but so what? I'd rather be a constant 30% happy than 0% happy but with the ability to jack off, you know what I mean? just find some medicine that works and take it no matter the cost
>>
>>29970346
Anon, that's way too much to sacrifice. Are some of those pills really dis-erect your dick?
>>
File: thetruth.gif (672 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
thetruth.gif
672 KB, 499x281
You're about to hit an existential crisis. Read philosophy, work out, and do your best to create your own meaning in the world. I want you to read this and remember it: there is no way for you to stay positive all the time. There is nothing that will "cure" your depression, but over time you WILL find a way to live that will make it a small annoyance rather than a massive beast.

Realize that this girl you love is a person and you love her. She does not embody love. Love is everywhere, so don't lose yourself if you lose her.

Antidepressants are an aspirin when you really need to perform major life surgery. You don't need them. You could get a therapist, see if maybe you have anxiety or ADHD. The therapist would be a good partner for you (assuming you vet them properly) in untying the mental knots that keep you depressed. Despite what you'll hear from other robots, it IS important that you treat anxiety and ADHD with pills because those two conditions will keep you from accomplishing the things that you need to do in your life to become a whole person.

I'm gonna assume you're young. Don't let it fester, okay? You need to stop escaping: face the world as it is and make something for yourself within it.Stop looking for quick-fixes--there's a trade-off for everything in life. Don't run from the hard truths. Whatever you do, keep looking for the real answers and don't ever give up.
>>
>>29970448
Thanks anon, appreciate your wasted time

>Read philosophy, work out, and do your best to create your own meaning in the world.
I actually don't read at all (too lazy), don't work out as well so I'm fat fuck (not so much as before, actually had a goal to just eat less or nothing at all). And problem is I don't see a meaning. This doesn't mean i want to kill myself (sometimes i do, even after some shit like someone starts shouting at me), I want to live. I just sit at PC most of the time, and even at PC i do nothing (tried programming but gave up, because no motivation fuck me)

I love her and idolize so much that I doubt I will live with her like with wife, instead - I'd treat her like princess. Shit's driving me insane. She's literally 10/10 beautiful and clever, so I always think I'm just not worth her and leave to somebody who will make her more happy. I'm as shy as any other girl, lack manliness. Fuck me. I haven't even talked with her about off-topic stuff and avoid eye-contact, because she's so beautiful.

Yes, I'm young. Well, facing the world is probably the only way out. But I wasn't acting like this when I was a kid (up to 14yo) I was what its called a "normie" on r9k. Not a Chad, not a robot, grown by very loving parents in very good conditions. PC and internet most likely screwed up my life. Firstly because got overweight, then needed glasses, followed up by fucked up grades at school (actually mediocre). PC and internet made me sit at home all day, all year round, almost no contact with outside world except for school and classmates. I haven't spoken seriously with a girl yet (18 now). I just want to become normal again, without fear of people, socializing, stop idolizing beautiful girls so much, stop thinking that girls are like extraterrestial being compared to males. I KNOW i wasn't born like this - broken. I know some things cannot be changed like me being very sensitive person and can cry like a little girl, but depression must disappear
>>
>>29970448
I'm not the OP and i don't usually post here, but i really wanted to thank you for your words. It helped me i little when everything is just going wrong.
>>
File: 1455625408403.jpg (9 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1455625408403.jpg
9 KB, 228x221
OP here
For the love of god anons, I need help, please, anyone
>>
>>29970294
>How can I get rid of depression?

Suicide

Srs, I've tried medication, therapy, exercise, wageslaving, it always comes back. Death is the solution
>>
File: 1467021909886.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1467021909886.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>29971838
I doubt my depression is that severe. I just wanted to know what the fuck happened after that party that I feel so fucking empty inside. Everything there went literally PERFECT, as I planned. Why would I feel guilt, emptyness, loneliness as if I lost my buddies forever. They still exist and live and the same place, nothings changed, but looks like my brain went full retard mode and turned upside down. BUT WHY this happened. It's second time. First time we was at party like half a year ago and same shit happened, it then disappeared, but fuck was it hard to go through a single day. Now it started AGAIN. Is it really alcohol's fault? I rarely drink drugs, I'm 100% NOT an alcoholic. I need a way to fix myself with this shitty personality
>>
>>29971790
>I want to control my depression
>I don't want to do anything about it

Choose only one buddy.
If you truly suffer from chronic depression you shouldn't shut any doors that might improve your life. Controlling depression doesnt happen from just one thing and it doesnt happen over night. You wanna stop feeling fat? Start a little more exercise
Want to get to know the girl? Talk to her a little more.
Want to feel less anxiety/depression? visit a therapist and depending on your circumstance take medication

You have to give first before you get.
>>
>>29972181
Is there any other way to cure depression without therapists and medications?
>>
>>29970294
This advice I will give you will only work if you have adhd and go to a psychiatrist(or you could fake having adhd). Get vyvanse, it's a controlled substance, hence why you need a psychiatrist to prescribe it, but I promise you it will help you exponentially. I have adhd and depression, taking this has drastically improved my ability to focus on things in life to just help myself out (I understand that you have a job so it will help you there as well) and it won't let your mind wander to such negative topics that feed your depression. Only side affect is appetite suppression, so if youre normal or skinny make sure you eat before taking it, and if you're fat, well it will help you lose weight so enjoy that as another perk.
>>
>>29972251
Start by finding a therapist who will do cognitive behavioral therapy with you.

CBT helps people understand and work to change their current relationship between behaviors, thoughts, and emotions. It requires no medication and works with evidence based pratices for treating mental disorders.

I would NOT recommend diving for meds right away because medications are only one small part of lifestyle change.
>>
>>29972380
Thanks anon, hope your life gets better
>>
>>29971960
Probably having a hangover. When I go on a bender some times it can take me days to feel normal again. Drink in moderation froggos.
>>
>>29972587
Yours as well pal, we all just want to be able to live a decent life, everyone deserves that chance.
>>
>>29970294
Go to >>>/pol/.
It really helped with my depression. Much nicer than this place.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.