[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are opiate addicts so edgy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1448669339700.jpg (479 KB, 1099x1195) Image search: [Google]
1448669339700.jpg
479 KB, 1099x1195
Anywhere you go, whether it's 4chan, bluelight or some other forum opiate users just like to bust into any thread with that "Look, kid.. You're not a drug user until you do Heroin! If you don't do heroin you're a fucking baby. Anything that isn't opiates is for kindergarteners. Opiates are the god teir brah!"
Which is pretty big talk for users who glorify what I would say is the 2nd most boring class of drug, only to be beaten by benzos
It's like they can't understand the concept that people do drugs to feel good and explore their minds rather than to "get fuked xD"
Not only this but they always like to play the victim when theyre addicted and bring up that bullshit "yeah.... heroin is just.... the only thing that can make me happy anymore... :'(" like a little tumblrgirl who cuts herself and post about it on tumblr

inb4 junkies are basically the frat guy who tries to outdrink everybody
>>
>>24581826
they hate them selves and want to die.
>>
>>24581826

I think 2 things are at work here.
1) you gotta be pretty fucking edgy to try H in the first place. It's like the one thing besides meth that pretty much all of society says is off limits. Party/frat culture is cool with Molly and LSD and pot and various pills but not H. So there is some self-selection going on.

2) heroin kind of makes you into a dick, since being seriously addicted forces you to be selfish and use people and lie and possibly steal and blow off responsibilities. So they become even more edgy to rationalize their slavery to the drug.
>>
I agree. Druggy chic culture...
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1039x887) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1039x887
>"haha fucking follower consumerist normies I'm better than them I'm a free-thinking counterculture rebel >:^]"
>ends up becoming a mindless consumer slave of one of the shallowest products on earth: the opiate

H addiction in a nutshell.
>>
When I was in high school I peer pressured a lot of people into doing drugs even I wasn't into.

I'm a Jew btw
>>
When you're an opiate user life has no meaning other than to get more heroin into your system. It's hard not to be edgy when your whole existence revolves about abusing a drug
>>
>>24583148
why even become one though
>>
>>24583029
You're a piece of shit desu senpai
>>
>>24584090

>have chronic, unending pain in your back, knees, legs, whatever, it doesn't matter
>have doctor
>doctor prescribes you opiate painkillers
>grow tolerant to these over time(say ten years of constant, daily use)
>tell doc you need something else, something stronger, or more opiate pks
>he agrees, gives stronger shit, eventually bumping you to morphine
>even this no longer works like it used to
>get sick if you go even a few days without opiates in your system
>try stronger shit(again)
>hey, heroin is an opiate, i wonder what will happen if i try that
>you try it, holy shit this is the mother superior, oh god i don't feel like shit for once in my life this is great
>able to function like you used to again, able to ignore everything awful in your life and be 'normal' again
>tolerance builds over time, doesn't function like it used to, what started as an occasional use has spiraled into needing it daily just so you won't get sick and suffer withdrawal symptoms

Shit snowballs. Just gets worse over time and you don't even notice it happening. It's what happened to my dad at least, and he didn't even start using until he was in his fucking sixties. At some point you stop caring about anything but stopping the detox symptoms that going off opiates even for a little bit can cause. A lot of addicts simply don't want to get sick from that shit.
>>
>>24584649
This is the exception
We're talking people who are 20 years old and do heroin because its cool, not those with actual medical needs
>>
>>24584649
Why can't they just rotate between different kinds of drugs to avoid tolerance?
>>
Heroin addict here. Fuck you op. You don't know shit till you try it. Just got done fucking my gf after I scored. I feel like I'm top of the fucking world right now
>>
>>24584810
hahahahahahahaahahah
>>
>>24584810
Yeah man I'm a massive heroin addict as well xDD! So cool being an addict fuck off
>>
nodding is bliss but at the end of the day it's too easy to spend your entire life doing absolutely nothing

i'll take crystal meth any day of the week
>>
i am an opiate addict, but its strictly prescription opiates like norco.

i think you are talking about herione and meth addicts who think they are super hardcore
>>
>>24584696

Most every prescription painkiller(that i've seen anyway) is opiate based. It doesn't matter, eventually you're going to build tolerance to that shit and only more of it or something stronger is going to work again. Shit comes with a lot of paperwork, most normal doctors hate doing extra paperwork so they (usually) don't bother switching your meds unless you ask not to be prescribed something anymore(which saves them paperwork.)

>>24584667

Whether it's a man in his 60s or some young dumbass, it usually ends the same way.
>>
yeah this shit sucks. its horrible.
>>
>>24584649
Are you Harry's mom from Requiem for a Dream?
>>
>>24585329

I'm no lady, just a guy who watched his dad shoot up every day for nearly a decade and did nothing to stop it(he was a man in his sixties, what the fuck did I care what he did to himself? He earned the right to shoot whatever drugs he felt like directly into his dick if he felt like it, as far as I was concerned.)
>>
>>24584119
Pls don't call me that. I'm sure it was all justified.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.