[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not accepting that you;'ll never, ever feel good about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1462327510280.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1462327510280.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>not accepting that you;'ll never, ever feel good about yourself and instead devoting your efforts to making other people feel happy/fulfilled for the satisfaction it gives you in turn

tell me about your good deeds, /r9k/

even though we're human garbage born to be crushed into the dirt, doesn't mean we can't feel good by making others feel good

I thwarted a bike theft today by giving chase on my own bike. when I managed to gain enough on the thief to make him drop the bnike and run, I returned it to its owner and the look of sheer gratitude on his face made me feel a sense of self-satisfaction for once.

now all I want to do is help people
>>
>>29956237
>decide that i need to go volunteer and help others
>remember that they will probably hate me and want me to go away just like everyone else
I'm sure they only want normies helping them...
>>
File: 1464399919338.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464399919338.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>29956237
>>29956502
>not directing all your efforts into makking everyone.
>not embracing your role as the villain of the story.
you're all doing it wrong.
>>
>>29956237
I've been thinking a lot about this sometimes. It's often described as a bad thing somehow, psychologically. "Vicarious living" and such. It doesn't sound so bad to me. I'm already mentally ill, and pretty far gone at that. I don't have much opportunities to actually help people though. And I would have to be subtle about it. I wouldn't want to become known as someone who is naive and easy to take advantage of, or a weirdo """"nice guys"""", or a weird person doing exactly what I'm doing right now.
>>
>>29956237
>you will never feel good about yourself
lies
>order lots of pizza and beer
>munch it all down while watching anime
>wait for a bit
>make big ass icercream
>finish icecream too
>roll around in bliss
>feel really good
>fall asleep thinking of my waifu
>>
>>29956986
Of course fucking normies try to bash vicarious living even though It's literally the only way to be happy as a robot especially if you're either autistic or every little mistake you make ruins your day.
>>
>>29957225
Hrm yeah. It's very weird for them.

I can't go around stopping bike thieves (I HATE running) and fighting crime though lol.

I'd have to actually get involved with people to live vicariously. I don't actually do that; I never pry to much either. Actually I forget what they tell me about them. But people to tend to thrust me. That's a really good start.

It could still be very worrying to them. Especially if I'm being autistic about it. It would appear pretty miserable and people may want you out of their lives if you push this too far. Being too eager to help is creepy too. That's why I think it should be subtle.

That sounds like some pretty normie shit to do, but no, it's different. We're robots. But we could hide it somewhat and appreciate other people's lives and try to make them better. Even though that's mental illness.
>>
>>29957225

Normies hate empathy. Repressing it is what allows them to be what they are without remorse or self-loathing and being reminded of it angers and humiliates them.
>>
File: 1445039926392s.jpg (11 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1445039926392s.jpg
11 KB, 228x239
>tell me about your good deeds
Not being in the way or bother people by staying in my room all day.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.