[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I donate 40% of my pay to charity. I never go out. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: UXrhQDs.png (91 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
UXrhQDs.png
91 KB, 255x253
I donate 40% of my pay to charity.

I never go out. I don't buy anything other than the occasional game on steam. I eat the cheapest food available and live in a shitty 1 bedroom apartment.

The only thing that stops me killing myself is knowing my existence helps those less fortunate than me.

I may live a long and shitty life full of loneliness, but at least I'd have suffered it for a greater good of helping people.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
>>
Give me your money you mong, screw the charities who knows where that money goes anyway.
>>
>>29935099
Dude, you should watch your money closely if you are hoping it actually gets used to help people.

Most charities are trash and waste everything on administrative fees, even the "good" ones.

It's most efficient to just give people the money directly.
>>
Maybe spend some of that money on therapy m8.

Also, don't just huck your money into any old charity. Make sure you know the charity is legitimate. Lots of charities are really ingenuine and are more interested in jewing your money out of your wallet than in actually helping people.

Also focus on helping people in the first world. People in the third world are, I hate to say it, just fucked and your money can help them, but it will help them live a shitty, powerless life and their children will be in the exact same boat they are after you die.

Whereas, in the first world, people you help might actually be able to go on and do something to change things, so that people in the third world aren't so dirt poor to begin with.
>>
>>29935099
You should read Schopenhauer.
>>
File: 1465749574149.jpg (29 KB, 348x321) Image search: [Google]
1465749574149.jpg
29 KB, 348x321
>donating to (((charity)))
>>
File: 1467591726431.jpg (62 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1467591726431.jpg
62 KB, 500x435
>>29935099
ahhh yes, donating to charity
because the world doesn't have enough drug addicts, mentally ill degenerates and niggers
most of these (((charities))) have the simple purpose of filing for tax returns
>>
>>29935245
> in the first world, people you help might actually be able to go on and do something to change things, so that people in the third world aren't so dirt poor to begin with.

Like what?
>>
>>29935099

You should keep your full paycheck as charities can be shady in regards to how they spend your funds. Personally I'm against helping 3rd worlders as nature has a cruel way of evening out the herd, and all the money in the world can't fully resolve the problem. Here's another suggestion: do some volunteer work. You will get to meet the people you help directly and also get to socialize a bit. You can also meet girls that way, and they will totally dig that you love helping other people if you're genuine about it. I did some volunteer work for a christian soup kitchen and it was actually pretty fun.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.