[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Giving up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1444718349992.jpg (119 KB, 602x600) Image search: [Google]
1444718349992.jpg
119 KB, 602x600
Who else /giveup/ here?

It's a wonderful feeling.
>tfw no gf is no longer a problem
>don't have to put in the effort to try and connect with people to form meaningful friendships
>all this time to myself that I use in trying to develop some skills that may be of use in the future (producing music and drawing mainly)
>all this time to get comfy

Why not try it? At worst, you'll feel indifference, but it's better than feeling pain, believe me. Now, you obviously won't just give up right away, it's a gradual climb. You have to keep reassuring yourself that you are not needed in this world and that this is how things were planned for you when you were born. You have to accept it as your destiny, that this is who you are, and no one can change that. Not even you. You have to understand this in order to reach some kind of inner peace. If you feel frustrated, pour that effort you put into being frustrated into something that will make you feel some kind of joy.

Don't have a hobby? Need to keep stuff off of your mind? Plan something productive that you MUST do every day for at least an hour, in two 30 minute intervals. It can be drawing, working out, writing a story, some kind of DIY nonsense, just do something, ANYTHING that you feel can take your mind off things and make you feel proud. This won't help you get back into society because you were never a part of it in the first place, and it won't permanently make you happy or anything, but it WILL help you reach some kind of inner peace/satisfaction, even if you're the type to not feel much of anything, you WILL feel this.

>inb4 MGTOW

My outline is implying that you are the kind of people that don't have a choice in the matter of whether you want to "go your own way" or not, you were discarded from birth so you're stuck this way. You can either find a bit of happiness or you can despair for eternity. The choice is yours.

Godspeed robots.
>>
>>24570548
Yep same here, don't know why more people on this board don't do it. I must admit I had help from drugs though. Antidepressants killed my sex drive and made me realize the entire chase is fucking bullshit. Anyway yeah exactly the same I was not meant to have a gf or any friends I have learnt to accept that and move on. Haven't spoken to a woman for years.
>>
>>24570548
Love to Senpai, but unfortunately every time I try I feel attracted to someone else, then rebound. Been on and off about this one girl for almost 2 years, it's got to the point where she's asking me for boyfriend advice.
Wasn't even drama stuff, it was what to get her new bf for Christmas and I'm too beta to even tell her I don't care in the slightest, I don't even know this guy.
Sorry to whine, but to reiterate the point it's hard to give up. I've tried, multiple times, and it always fails cause I just end up liking someone else and being too beta to actually try and chat them up.
Doesn't help that I'm bi, twice the chance of desperate hope after a brief giving up period.
>>
>>24570621
I'm happy for you anon. It's a healthy way of thinking, you learn your place in the world and come to accept it, although it may be harsh at first, with time it'll get easier to come to terms with, and then one day it'll become an integral part of who you are.

>>24570681
>but unfortunately every time I try I feel attracted to someone else, then rebound
>Been on and off about this one girl for almost 2 years
>I've tried, multiple times, and it always fails cause I just end up liking someone else and being too beta to actually try and chat them up

First of all anon, you have to acknowledge that it is OK to feel this way. You are only human. You have human needs, like seeking comfort in the presence of others. You have to accept this before you can move on, and I mean you have to truly come to terms with the fact. You need to have some time to yourself and really think about why you keep liking these people. Do you just find comfort in their presence? Ask yourself what they do for you. Ask yourself why you waste so much time thinking about them, or trying to cultivate some kind of meaningful relationship with them.

Truly ask yourself if that girl you've been on and off with has caused you more pain than joy. Ask yourself if it's worth it. Personally, I am not feeling it. She is not being considerate about your feelings, and most likely knows how you feel about her as well since it's been two years. Girls aren't clueless about shit like this. They know their guy friends want the pucci. If you want to be in a permanent state of giving up rather than brief, you can't do it out of sadness or anger. You have to do it out of acceptance and understanding of who you are.
>>
within days i would realize i have nothing to live for
>>
File: 1444722995097.jpg (126 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1444722995097.jpg
126 KB, 750x750
>>24571054
That's why you have to establish a routine anon. You can't be left alone in those kinds of thoughts for too long. An existential crisis a day is a terrible way to live. Instead stop trying to look for a purpose. Start operating like a machine. In time, you might just find something.
>>
>>24570987
Thanks, that's some good advice. Suppose she does kinda treat me like shit, maybe I shoukd consider severing ties. Living in a new city for uni too, good opportunity to keep away from her I guess.
>>
>>24570548
Yes, although it helps I'm in my 30s. Once you truly don't care what people think anymore, life becomes so much more clear. Renewed interest in hobbies, etc...

But, I don't think it's physically possible until at least your mid-20s. The sexual urges and testosterone are too much to ignore.
>>
So much this. Focus your anger and energy into something that is worthwhile. Even if it doesnt seem like it at the moment.

Rejection can be good, use it as motivation.
>>
>>24570987
Thanks. There's only one problem, I seem to be getting gayer by the day. It's been getting so bad that I've started to get transsexual feelings. Be careful when suppressing your sexuality it could twist you up. I've been hardcore trying to stamp out my interest in women for years. As well as the drugs I use a number of psychological tactics
>Get aroused by woman, tell myself I'm a disgusting piece of shit and failure, threaten to kill myself
>Fall in love with woman, imagine that she has eight 6'4" ripped black boyfriends who plow her every night
>Get wrapped up in some academic work, delude myself into thinking I am superhuman above women
>Generally imagine women laughing at me, spitting on me doing the cruelest shit imaginable to discourage myself from talking to them
I was still not winning the war until the antidepressants however. How it made me gay is that I was 90% into women and 10% into men. Now I am 10% into women and 10% into men and 80% asexual. I see no difference between the two now. I ordered anti-androgens to nuke the last remaining 10% but that is going to make the transsexual feelings worse

In a nutshell this is like a total war where weapons so horrific have been used that I am fighting over the ashes of my mind now. I may have been destroyed but you keep up the fight brother. Death to whores.
>>
File: 1444718239507.jpg (172 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
1444718239507.jpg
172 KB, 700x465
>>24571199
Now you're talking anon. Make sure when you sever ties you do it out of acceptance of your situation and of the fact that it is unhealthy to pursue this kind of relationship any further. You have to do what is best for you right now. A new city offers new opportunities and a new life.

>>24571260
Godspeed anon. That is one crazy story.
>>
>>24571260
fuck off ameritrash

back to reddit with you
>>
Realize that you don't exist in the way that you currently think you do. Your mind is made up of several indepentent minds that co-influence each other. All of them are you, but none of them are you. Realize that the thinking part of your brain in reality has very little influence on your mind as a whole. In order to know this truth more deeply, become addicted to something. Observe as your body and mind start behaving contrary to your thinking process.
Stop rationalizing. Realize that you do not take action as a result of your reasoning, but conjure up reasons to justify your actions. Start questioning every action and every thought. Why did you click on KC first thing after opening the browser? For no reason at all, your mind did it on its own. When you are suddenly reminded of something for no apparent reason (like remembering that you need to buy onions after you already left the store), where did that thought come from? Nowhere in particular. Why do you act on your physical urges such as hunger? Why can't you ignore pain?
The answer to all of that is that you are not in control. Realize that your mind is a determenistic system of input and output. You are merely a set of instructions trapped in flesh mechanism on its way to oblivion. A machine for suffering.

After you have come to these truths, start meditating. Whenever a thought comes into your mind, discard it. Whenever you feel an emotion, identify it as an arbitrary chemical reaction.
You will know enlightenment when you can sit in the center of your room doing nothing and thinking about nothing, indefinitely. Discard pretense for reason for existence and embrace existence simply as a state that you are in at this particular moment.
>>
>>24570548
I've always been like this. I was just clinging to the hope things will improve one day, but miracles don't happen.

If you're lonely and a girl has interest in you, you've got nothing to lose. Expect nothing, feel delight if there's no fail. Now all I have left is deluding myself to increasing net entropy since that is our ultimate meaning in life.

I just want to watch the universe burn, but since I won't have that, I'll give it a kick.
>>
Took me till I was 18 to realise it. No friends to be there for me. Weak and not confident. Depressed and twisted. No luck with people. I just gave up, focused on money and making vidya game videos. Shit life but I was destined to be alone, no self-worth and most of all, a failure.
>>
>>24571300
this pic of katya makes my cock diamond
I wanna cum all over her face
>>
>>24570548
>gave up freshman year of college
>desire for a decent career required joining activities for resume boosting
>foolishly invited social interaction on the way to a party
>became good friends with this girl
>tfw no longer get to spend every weekend being comfy in my room
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.