[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you started learning Japanese yet /r9k/? Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: wfqrf3.jpg (452 KB, 1732x1082) Image search: [Google]
wfqrf3.jpg
452 KB, 1732x1082
Why haven't you started learning Japanese yet /r9k/?
Just think of all the high quality hentai you're missing out on.
>>
File: Qrltgnk.png (138 KB, 1915x1074) Image search: [Google]
Qrltgnk.png
138 KB, 1915x1074
>>29914609
>Why haven't you started learning Japanese yet /r9k/?
but I have :^)
taking a class right now, I am 5 weeks in, here's my current assignment

so far I know like... 50 kanji? I am disappointed desu I am not even near good enough to translate doujins yet

hopefully by the end of this class I can read untranslated hentai manga and doujinshi

>teacher asks why I am taking this class
>tfw everyone else is taking it because they are either going on a study abroad or are a korean/chinese international student who frequently goes to japan
what the fuck am I supposed to say??? "u-uhh I like japanese culture h-hahaha..."
>>
>>29914609
i dunno, anon. the fan translation community is very active for the good stuff anyway.
>>
>>29914609
I'm kinda lazy. I have learned the generic worda and stuff but don't have enough motivation to go further. Getting translated shit nowadays is as easy as torrenting.
>>
File: grisaia.png (2 MB, 1366x728) Image search: [Google]
grisaia.png
2 MB, 1366x728
>>29914745
what counts as good stuff?
I've only downloaded played G-Senjou and Grisaia, and I can't find any other good VN's
>>
>>29914745
>>29914824
The translation scene has become absolute garbage lately IMO. Shit like Subahibi has been in translation hell for 5 years now with no end in sight, and just a month ago the group translating AoKana basically admitted to lying about their translation it and deleted their whole project.
At best you're going to get 1 percent of the total amount of stuff out there ever translated, and maybe 5 percent of the good stuff. If you have any interest in VN/eroge at all you have no excuse not to learn.
>>
>>29914900
If you didn't go far enough to find Fate/stay night or CLANNAD, you definetively didn't search.
>>
>>29914739
just say you want to have language skills for business
also your expectations are probably too high as for your learning rate
>>
>>29914900
There's a game by the same publisher from g senjou called sharin no kuni which is decent. Not as good as g senjou.

There's also Saya no Uta, Rewrite, Sengoku/Kichikou rance, Muv luv series and Fate
>>
>>29914900
Yosuga no Sora is pretty fucking hot
>>
File: im-learning-thai.jpg (49 KB, 448x786) Image search: [Google]
im-learning-thai.jpg
49 KB, 448x786
>>29914609
I actually learned Japanese just so I could play untranslated SNES and PS2 RPGs. Turns out japanese writing kind of sucks.
>>
>>29915016
>language skills for business
>Japanese

what kind of idiot would believe this
I couldn't say this with a straight face

there's nothing in japan except cars and anime
and the cars are only made by japanese, there is no reason to learn japanese other than anime, prove me wrong
>>
Man I barely made a passing grade in French when I was in school and I tried my best. There is no way I could learn a language that uses multiple completely foreign writing systems.
>>
>>29914609
>have the tools and free time to study nearly any subject known to man
>decide to spend your time learning a foreign language for the sole purpose of enhancing your ability to masturbate to cartoons

You deserve your lives.
>>
I have the Japanese reading comprehension of a mentally-disabled 3 year-old so I guess that counts for something.
>>
>>29915209
>japanese writing kind of sucks
What did he mean by this?
>>
I haven't done my Anki reps for two weeks
Drawing Kanji is a chore so I can only recognize them and not write them
I haven't read Tae Kim's Guide since two weeks ago
FUCK ME I WANT TO LEARN JAPANESE BUT I AM A LAZY FUCK DAMN
>>
>>29914739
>paying to acquire knowledge
100 kekkels
>>
>>29915226
>world's 3rd largest economy
>dying population with increasing demand for expats
Japanese is easily one of the most useful languages for business considering none of them can speak english worth a shit
>>
>>29915254
I mean it's not very engaging, nor well crafted. Dialogue is wooden. Ever read some translated work and thought it was crap? It wasn't the translator's fault.

I've gone back and played the original versions of some of my favourite games, and the translations for western markets were miles ahead in terms of writing.
>>
>>29915289
Even better:
>going out just to learn a foreign language
The 1000 keks
>>
>>29915331
You're reading JRPGs, not Murakami. What do you expect?
>>
>>29915331
>Ever read some translated work and thought it was crap?
Not really. If the translator can't adapt the dialogue to english, why even do it? I have to admit that the writing is hard, but I assume that you can at least develop muscle memory if you put enough time into it. Remember that every language has its own rules.
>>
File: maitetsu.jpg (131 KB, 1281x720) Image search: [Google]
maitetsu.jpg
131 KB, 1281x720
>>29914609
>Why haven't you started learning Japanese yet /r9k/?
I have, I'm just too lazy to stop using a text hooker. Fucking moonrunes.
>>
File: oreshura.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oreshura.jpg
111 KB, 1920x1080
>>29914944
I'm retarded I guess, didn't think about searching for clannad. I'll also start the Fate series.

>>29915179
I know about Muv Luv, I'll prob get it on steam. The others look pretty ok, except for Saya no Uta, I'm too much of a bitch for horror.

>>29915198
noted
>>
File: random_fictional_cunt.png (143 KB, 449x536) Image search: [Google]
random_fictional_cunt.png
143 KB, 449x536
>tfw possibly moving to nongland if my dickbag father pulls through
>tfw no motivation anymore to learn those moon squiggles
>>
>>29915289
anon I am too fucking lazy to learn any other way
>>
>>29915749
>too lazy to self teach
>energetic enough to go outside
I don't get it, anon.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.