[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are all video games nowadays shit or am I the one that changed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1463056254983.png (292 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1463056254983.png
292 KB, 1200x800
Are all video games nowadays shit or am I the one that changed? Literally nothing manages to keep my attention for more than 10 mins
>>
>>29902643

It depends on what video games you're playing, FAGGOT.

I can't get into games for shit anymore, I've played them for too long, they are all boring to me now. I don't know what I'm going to do, I shouldn't have bought so many Steam games.
>>
>>29902643
probably a combo.
I didn't mind playing mediocre games with friends on summer break as a kid, especially since they were only ever rented and I didn't have to pay for them.

Anymore, I can't really think of any games I'd be willing to pay full price for. You kind of see that in the PC industry, too, since even big releases are usually ~$40 vs $60 on console (GTA being the outlier with the big ticket price even with a late release).

There's usually 1-3 great games a year that grab my attention, but I'm mostly attracted to solid older games that are much cheaper but still have lots of hours of gameplay to offer. I'd suggest trying out older, proven games. Pick a genre and find its kind of 'hidden classics' to go through.
>>
>>29902643
The long gaming session type of games like Everquest died off long ago. Kids and normos like flashing colorful games that they can spend 5 min on and go do something else.

Evolve is pretty fun though, might wanna give that a go now thats its f2p
>>
>>29902643
i've been like this for a couple years, i have high hopes that No Man's Sky will change it
>>
>>29903621
>No Man's Sky
i don't remember a game being this hyped on steam ever since fucking GTA V and Skyrim... why do people set their hopes so high nowadays? both of those games i mentioned were hyped as shit and failed to deliver imo (gta wasn't bad but wasn't the masterpiece everyone made it out to be)
>>
>>29903621
Do you mean my summer car?
>>
games are mostly shit now. big open RPG skyrim garbage games and ten million piece of shit indie meme games. other than that you just get upgraded versions of typical shit they've been making for 10+ years
>>
>>29902643
It's not just you. There is a nose behind it I mean who nose who's behind it. I mean addblock plus to block triggering images just one block.
>>
>>29903621
>high hopes
>NMS
boy you are going to be disappointed.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.