[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to my weekly psychiatrist appointment in 6 hours but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 03.jpg (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
74 KB, 400x400
Going to my weekly psychiatrist appointment in 6 hours but I have nothing to say.

Every week the amount of content in our meetings gets lower and lower. I spend all my time at home so literally NOTHING happens to me.

I feel all this pressure to come up with a good story though. It's a weekly "Check if you have a life" test. I'm having a nervous breakdown, I have nothing, nada. She's gonna laugh at me, LAUGH AT ME. I'M GOING TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK.
>>
Nigga calm the fuck down. Tell her the truth.
>>
>>29895251
calm down. It's weekly not even normies have weekly stories. They have some monthly
>>
>>29895251
>She's

Yeah. How did I know from reading your first typed sentence that your shrink would be female? I'll tell you how. Because I had a female shrink at one point, and the only thing I learned was how to bullshit. I said what she wanted to hear. It went nowhere after I realized females are bad at analytical reasoning.

You know, that woman knows nothing about you. She isn't wise. She isn't intellectually rigorous. She isn't male. And she isn't you.

My amateur advice to you? Man to man? Stop being a fucking coward and exercise more. There. I just saved you a thousand or so bucks.
>>
Psychiatrists are fucking manipulative brainwashers.
>>
>>29895251
oh shit i was going to reply to this thread but forgot.

why do you think you have to tell her about what happened during the week??? just tell her how you feel about shit. surely you've had feels this week. then she'll probably try to determine why you feel that way and ask you more questions.
>>
Is this all that you do at a psychiatrist? Genuine question, no memes. I may be forced to go to one soon.
>>
>>29895363
>tells OP not to listen to a female psychiatrist, because woman are bad at analytical reasoning
>tells OP to conquer psychological problems by physical exercise alone

Nice one. Do you have a Master in bro-science?
>>
File: 1454954771.gif (1 MB, 268x134) Image search: [Google]
1454954771.gif
1 MB, 268x134
>>29895251
going through the same thing right now, he basically just tells me to get a life. but I don't want to
>>
>>29896488
I have a Masters in fucking your ass.
>>
>>29895251
>>29896502

Same thing with me. I only go monthly but he wants me to socialize more or even do volunteer work. Fuck that shit I am not going to slave away for free just to make the world a better place for normies. I am tired of hearing this shit from psychiatrist,counselor or therapist I have ever had.

Its like he expects me to just do it and feel good about social interactions. fuck only reason I am putting my self through this is hope of getting neet bux. Other wise I wouldn't even bother because its a waste of time.
>>
File: 1467657565854.png (22 KB, 804x743) Image search: [Google]
1467657565854.png
22 KB, 804x743
>>29896554
You for sure don't need a psychologist. I can tell you already, what your condition is.
You are a retard. There. I just saved you a thousand or so bucks to find that out.

And exercise does not help by the way, you will stay stupid.
>>
>>29895251
Are you on any medications?
>>
File: 1468260317541.png (87 KB, 180x176) Image search: [Google]
1468260317541.png
87 KB, 180x176
>>29896571
I got a prescription for adderall but all I use it for is to play video games and jack off for 6 hours every day. Really I'm just getting bored at this point so I probably will end up " getting a life "
>>
>>29896625
I hope it works out for you. I am so bad off I cannot even make a phone call with out freaking out. And he wants me to make small talk at fast food restaurants and talk to random strangers in coffee shops and book stores. Only goof thing in my life is I already own a gun so I can easily kill my self next time I start to feel real bad. Thinking about stopping all meds at once and use the withdrawal symptom hell to push me over the edge.
>>
>>29896690
if you have trouble talking to people play Gmod and grief, ( or make prank phonecalls ) you'd be surprised how helpful it can be for someone with social anxiety to learn how to manipulate people
>>
>>29895251
Well if you have no probems, why do even bother going? Are you stupid?
>>
>>29895251
last week my therapist told me that because i want to own a gun i am paranoid and anxious of the world around me. god dammit im gonna be put on some list.
>>
>>29895251
>Every week the amount of content in our meetings gets lower and lower. I spend all my time at home so literally NOTHING happens to me.

Well then talk about this. There. Fucking done. Talk about how you feel as if you have nothing to talk about because your life is obviously empty and devoid of anything.
>>
>>29896502
>>29896571
same
fucking hate it. it's always
>what do you want to do?
>what are your goals?
>we all have to work to live
and when i get "suggestions"
>well why don't you get up early in the morning?
>why don't you ___?
and it's not my idea and not something i want to do
>well you have to WANT this anon
as if it was my fucking suggetsion and something i want to do in the first place. and then there's their infuriatingly transparent "tactics" to try to get me to talk more even though i have nothing else to say
>>
>>29896818
that would be too easy it's almost like you think OP is going to a psychiatrist to help himself
>>
>>29896990
why do you even see the psychiatrist then?
>>
>>29897056
l have to
>>
>>29896598
Imitation is the highest flattery, friendo.
Don't knock exercise before you try it, or are you too [insert excuse here] to step outside?
>>
>>29895251
tell her what you just told us that's the point of a psychiatrist
>>
>>29897157
what for though? genuinely curious
>>
>>29895251
Do what I did and stop talking to people like that because you can only take away so much from them (I've talked to 5+) and stopped gaining anything
>>
Therapy doesnt work. Even for superficial problems like social anxiety. What works is practice and life altering experiences. Theory doesnt work, books rarely work the only thing that works is Doing. I am struggling with this quite a bit aswell.
>>
>>29895251
>She's gonna laugh at me
No she isn't and probably never will.
Do you seriously think these sort of medical professionals haven't seen every fucking thing you can think of? They undergo years of training for this sort of shit.
Being as honest as you can in your consultations is what you NEED to do. These aren't social visits and if you feel this sort of pressure bound to the need of presenting yourself in a certain way socially, you HAVE to explain this to her.

>>29895363
>man-up diatribe
Please fuck off and die you anti-science mong.
>>
File: 1467490859907.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1467490859907.png
74 KB, 412x351
>>29897168
>Imitation is the highest flattery, friendo.
You know, satire is based on imitation. The kids, who imitated you back in school, did not want to flatter you - sorry I have to reveal that.

>Don't knock exercise before you try it, or are you too [insert excuse here] to step outside?
I'm not saying, that exercise is bad in general, but you are a fucking broscience-guy, if you really think, you can solve psychological issues with physical exercise...

Go back to /fit/.
>>
>>29897243
>Go back to /fit/.
We've been telling these broscience fuckwits to leave /fit/ for years. They are just as unwanted there are they are here.
>>
>>29897258
Oh... sorry! I didn't know that.

>>29897168
>>29896554
>>29895363
See, even /fit/ does not want you!
>>
>>29897189
to keep my parents off my back
maybe if she gets it at some point it will help
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.