[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
How do you even meet new people/ females?

Surely you can't just walk up to people on the street as they would be busy, hence why they are outside and going somewhere anyway.

I've always had this issue of having no friends and not knowing how to even find new people to befriend.

>everyone in secondary school already had pre-determined friendgroups from childhood/primary school
>everyone in college already had pre-determined friendgroups from childhood/ secondary school
>people at work already have pre-determined friend groups from college/ workplaces

Even if you manage to make acquaintanceship's/ friends with said people and social circles, ultimately you are only a branch of that group and not a core, founding part of it like those that have been in said group for years as they grew up and therefore you can be snapped off and removed any time, which I have experienced various times in my life.

the whole idea of making friends feels flawed as if you do not have strong bonds and friendships with people that root from childhood or early school days, they have no substance of time/memory to back them up so new adult friendships can be broken off much easier.

obviously you can make good friendships as an adult but it seems difficult when you have 0 friends or social circle to start off and work with

Even if I did manage to make a friend or two, this would never lead to forming a social circle of multiple people to hang out with, I would either have to join their pre-determined social circle in which they can abandon me in the blink of an eye or just settle for only talking and hanging out with people individually.

I just want a childhood friend.
or a friendship that lasts longer than 1 - 2 years
>>
That's a tough question. Keep at it, even if it's harder. I'd suggest picking up meditation, so you're more at peace in the process.

How do your friendships break off?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>29887748
>Tfw made first friends at 14
>I still have them

They are pretty anyone though
Anything to be a normie tho
>>
>>29887748
Making a friend is a very complicated thing. The reason friendships form in school is because you're forced to spend time with the same people over a long period of time, even then once you graduate you'll most likely lose all of your friends because the forced interaction is gone. The best way to make friends as an adult would be to get involved in a hobby that requires everyone to go to the same place to do it, and example being Friday Night Magic bringing MTG players together. The best thing to do when starting new friendships is to be as neutral as possible until you can feel out the people around you, first impressions are extremely important, once you become closer to people they'll be less likely to care about your quarks. Of course you can't just make friends with anyone, if you're not compatible the friendship will die once one of you stops doing your shared interest.
>>
File: 1455323224142.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1455323224142.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>29888093
I don't really know for sure, childhood friendships started to break off because we just took different paths in life, for example one of my friends turned out to be gay and started hanging out with girls only in secondary school. some ended due to geography as they left for different countries their was no contact beyond that.

More recent friendships are a mystery to me, they just started to fade away even when I'm putting my share of effort into the friendship, if I had to summarise it I would say they got bored of me and tried to get rid of me without too much confrontation so they become extremely distant. But really you can't really know, their are so many complex circumstances in life which you can never know about, maybe it was something to do with their personal lives and mental growth and they didn't see me as part of their future.

I assume people don't see me as a social asset to associate themselves with as i didn't have a popular social presence growing up, aka im not chad
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.