[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>prove to an anon that ugly people really do get treated like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: wondering.jpg (71 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
wondering.jpg
71 KB, 599x600
>prove to an anon that ugly people really do get treated like shit and that my physical appearance is the reason my life is horrible
>he stops responding

why do normies do this shit?
>>
>>29858824
he was probably an /uggo/ b8ing you
>>
>>29858824
We've been over this.

Normies just want to feel good. If you befriend a normie and you tell them about how you feel bad, They'll just correct you -- "No, you feel good. All people feel good all the time." If you insist that you feel bad, they'll just say it's your fault. "Any time someone feels bad, they did it to themselves." (this prevents the normie from feeling empathy.)

In the rare case that you can convince a normie to understand that you feel bad for reasons out of your control. they will ghost you because they will finally, finally realize that your life sucks and it isn't your fault. That means that in order to be a good friend, they have to self-sacrifice in order to help you. Normies will never, ever do this. Anyone who does this is not a normie. They can't be, because the very second they do it, other normies will reject them and they'll end up like you.
>>
>>29858901
This. I'd also like to add that "being in control" of your own destiny is a real thing. If you show them it's not they'll cut off that information so that it doesn't get in too deep

What if you realized, in a conversation, somebody was poking holes in your perception of reality?
Keep in mind most humans are selfish, centered around safety and the ego
>>
>>29859011
Yes, normies cannot deal with a life that they are not the god of. If you make them have to feel for even a half an instant that maybe their comfortable lives aren't 100% self-made, they'll abandon you. They NEED that illusion to live.
>>
>>29859134
normies believe that positive thinking can solve everything
they are also blind to their own fatal flaws
also they are narcissistic, often not aware of it.
>>
>>29859011

Well imagine if your life went right all the time and you were positively reinforced all the time, and you legitimately thought your life was good because of your own effort, and then someone showed you the grim reality of human nature, and how people really do hold people to higher standards based on attractiveness, and that we are really just tribe animals that somehow were able to create societies, and that free will doesn't exist and that our animal drives affect our thinking much more than we'll ever even be aware of

imagine how hard all of that is to swallow to a person who has never looked into this sort of information, or even mused at these ideas

it so polar from what they know, I mean you almost can't blame them for just thinking its all bullshit and going on being happy with life
>>
>>29859182
Reminds me of classical conditioning
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.