[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever go to Summercamp? Why's it such a thing in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ok2.jpg (29 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
ok2.jpg
29 KB, 500x667
Did you ever go to Summercamp? Why's it such a thing in America? Like what do you even do? Just sit around and all day except an hour of activity? is it just an excuse for your parents to go on vacation without you?

What the heck is Church camp!? What do you do? Throw out some stories.
>>
The summer camp I went to had long walking paths, canoeing, and an obstacle course.
>>
i went to some type of summer camp thing when i was like 7. it was only 10 minutes away, my mom would drop me off in the morning and pick me up at like 4ish. we didn't do much, went to the beach sometimes and played baseball and stuff like that.

i have never met one person who did the legit version of summer camp like they show in the movies where they all sleep together in a room with bunk beds. i don't think that shit exists where i live.
>>
I went to a christian summercamp called Camp Casowasco in New York when I was a kid. It was great. There were always a bunch of cute Christian girls there and the hormones ran high. After a few days you go to these events and see where "she' is and try to mingle.

There's a bunch of church stuff. Every morning we'd go to pic related along the lake and sit on those wood benches to watch the sunrise and we'd sing along to a song one of the workers played on guitar. On Sunday's they'd hold a service in the actual chapel and it's basically just a bunch of kids so it was more enjoyable than actual church.

We'd wake up, get ready, and go down to breakfast. They had some bomb ass food. Fresh waffles and fruit toppings for it. The menu changed every day and I can't remember any bad meals. Throughout the day we'd have some scheduled events until lunch. Usually like a hike through the woods or maybe making some necklaces or whatever arts and crafts they had going on. After lunch we had free time until dinner which was usually everyone getting on suits and going into the lake. Kayaking. Tubing. It was basically like that summer camp in that movie Heavyweights.

They'd have a dance and you'd get your chance to warm up to the qt you've been admiring all week. You'd watch the spergs try and fail with her first and do your best not to embarrass yourself.

At night the camp workers snuck us out to the soccer fields for a bonfire and smores. Was pretty fun.

I heard the camp workers used to fuck each other a lot after we all went to bed. My bunkmates and I tried to sneak out and catch em at the girls cabin. But we got caught halfway there.

I liked camp so much I went for two weeks the next year. I'll never forget it.
>>
>>29853335
pic related, forgot to attach
>>
I just don't know of any summer camps in Britbong land ,I mean I've been to holiday camps but I think they're different as the whole family goes there. They're just local cheap resorts, usually with a kids club where the activities are.
>>
>>29853335
So there wasn't much bible stuff?
>>
>>29853199
I went to a JROTC summer camp in high school. Basically wilderness and orienteering skills, like first-aid/CPR, how to read a map, etc. Also stuck strictly to military regimen which I sort of enjoyed (wake up at 5:00, formation, PT, breakfast, whatever lesson was being taught, lunch, next lesson, PT, then personal time of about an hour for hygiene and relaxation, lights out at 10:00).

I had a good time.
>>
>>29853741
Just the songs we'd sing together. I still remember some of them. It wasn't bad. It was nice sitting out by the lake in the morning/evenings. They know they can't go full bible-thumper on the kids because it's just summer camp and we were all like preteen's.

I hear it's a lot better than normal summer camps. Almost all white kids
>>
>>29853199
Who is this hipster love dove?
>>
>>29854671
Some chick who thinks she's not like other girls.
>>
File: 1462723595357.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462723595357.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
I've long been an aetheist.
Parents tried getting me to go to church camp. Said i worshipped satan and got kicked.
>>
>>29854911
Can't stand the fake glasses...
>>
I went to summer camp every summer until I was 15. It's such a thing because our parents work and camp is cheaper than a nanny. They have you playing sports, games, going on field trips, making crafts, and sometimes movies. My mom has never taken me on vacation. She just worked.
>>
I went to sleep away camp the summers before Freshman year and Sophomore year. It was one of those outdoorsy "adventure" camps. We went on a week long backpacking trip both years which was brutal but also nice because a lot of the camp rules didn't apply as much.

There were only 10 kids (5 male and 5 female) so it was a pretty small group. We played a lot of never have I ever and truth or dare. I thought it was really fun at the time. A lot of nights we would sneak out of the cabins and play "strip truth or dare." I ended up making out and feeling up 2 girls (one half korean 9/10, one tall blonde) during this game kek. One dare was that both of the girls had to try and give me hickeys at the same time. Memories were made to say the least. Another fun part of camp was when we were all in the van together driving places, we would have really funny conversations and it was nice talking to people I had never met before.

10/10 experience and made lifelong friends
>>
Not summer camp, but whatever.

6th grade class would go to the local camp Friday-Sunday. Two different cabins, boys and girls. Yes, everybody slept in bunk beds. Only thing I really took away from it was the Stacy girls ended up flashing all the Chads one night. My city/school system was legit full of degenerates.
>>
I was doing a counselor in training program for 4 weeks when I was 16.

Needless to say but it was a girls club with 3 boys and 17 girls

It was sick
>>
File: Meatballs-movie-poster.jpg (171 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
Meatballs-movie-poster.jpg
171 KB, 480x720
>>29853199
Summer camps are really disappointing irl. Most only last a couple of weeks. It's not like the ones in 80s movies that last the whole summer.
>>
>>29855115
Why so small? Isn't it usually like 100?
>>
I went on camp once and fell in love with one of the helpers after she showed me a card trick I never knew

Good times, I felt pretty happy about the future
>>
>>29853199

I went to both types of camps

Christian camp was the same as normal camp, except songs about jesus and prayer before every meal.
>>
>>29853199
I went to a math camp. We did math.
>>
>>29853199
The only summercamp I ever went to was some musical normiefest in illinois where a bunch of hippies sold drugs and shiny rocks to young yuppies who came to hear bluegrass and EDM. I got in free because I worked during, but I also managed to do a bunch of drugs.
>>
I went to summer camp, but it was a school thing with my classmates, during the school year.

It sucked. The food was terrible, I got constant stomach aches, and the counselor told me I could eat this random plant and when I ate it I got sick and didn't get better until it was time to go home.
>>
>>29855743
Sounds like a nightmare camp for me.
>>
Why would anyone hurt themselves by going to any of this shit?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.