[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF do I do now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: what-is-dyslexia53c53532c238d.jpg (155 KB, 554x391) Image search: [Google]
what-is-dyslexia53c53532c238d.jpg
155 KB, 554x391
So at the wizard age of 30, ive just discovered im dyslexic.

Suddenly all my failing at school, losing job after job, shitty time reading books, and pretending to understand verbal commands given to me all make sense.

Seems like its too late for me now. WTF do I do now that Im a confirmed special ed?

Who here gets by on dyslexia and how do you deal?
>>
File: joske.png (76 KB, 221x210) Image search: [Google]
joske.png
76 KB, 221x210
>>29843110

I have Dyslexia. Fortunatly my mother works with dyslexic kids. (she and my dad have it too. So I got the shit genes)

You can compensate Dyslexia. At least, my mother forced me to do it.
I couln't read well, and she made me read thoose weird books that were supposed to help me. (I can't remember well, I was like, 5 or 6)
It was like hell. For 5 years everynight it was pages and pages of this weird stories with weird ass words that all looked like one another. But now I can read somewhat like a human.
My handwriting is still really bad tho.

>and pretending to understand verbal commands given to me
Nope, don't have it.

>shitty time reading books
If you read stuff and you can't remember what you just read. It's that.
As far as I know your brain is so preoccupied on the "how to read" task, that you don't pay attencion to what you're reading.

>losing job after job, failing at school
I never worked, but I Go to university and I'm doing pretty nice (Math).
I sucked in elementary school. My votes shifted on the 7-8/10 side of the spectrum after thoose 5 years.

So, yeah. You can have a normal life. Don't blame it on dyslexia.
>>
>>29843467

The verbal commands thing is like the reading thing to me.

I used to ask people to repeat what they just said to me 2 or 3 times because i wasnt getting the first couple times.

Theyd wnd up getting fed up and write me off as an idiot. Eventually I stopped doing that and started just nodding and hoping to figure out what needed to be done on my own or through others.
>>
>>29843467
>i had an extremely priviledged upbringing where I had all the support I needed to overcome this problem, so you should be able to do it too even though you're already 30 and the bulk of your neuroplasticity is long gone

this is basically:
>works for me ;)
>>
File: wryyypepe.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wryyypepe.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>29843657

Pretty much yeah. I had an abusive crazy mom and a dad who couldny stand up to her for fear she would snap. well she eventually did, so that was a waste.

I was also relentlessly bullied in school, partly because of my dyslexia ive discovered.

It sure fucking sucks to realize youve been screwed sinxebthe beggining. im trying now to overcome, but life sucks when your brain aint right.
>>
>>29843657
Didn't wanted to sound cocky. And yes, I knew I was lucky.
Also, I don't really know how this stuff works, as I'm not my mother. But the message was more "you can probably do something about it."

> "I had all the support I needed to overcome this problem"
That's true, even if it felt like a torture, and quite unfair I admit it. I remember my teacher saying that I was just dumb and distracted.

Sorry... Sorry... I'm a bad person, I know.
>>
File: 1466649229696.png (44 KB, 495x510) Image search: [Google]
1466649229696.png
44 KB, 495x510
what the fuck with this resolution
>>
>>29844083

Im on my phone. i just grabbed whatever off of google images.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.