[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to vent about being alone >find place online like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: disappointment.png (401 KB, 759x423) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.png
401 KB, 759x423
>want to vent about being alone
>find place online like r9k or /r/foreveralone where my venting shouldnt offend anyone
>vent
>normie gets offended
>normie tells me that im only single because i dont try hard enough and i just need to be confident and be myself
>explain my situation to normie
>normie decides im lying and that we live in a just world, and repeats more platitudes

Why even try to talk to me if you're not going to actually listen?
>>
most people on the internet between telling other people to shut up and how retarded they are think in person just walking up and starting a conversation with a total stranger is some sort of normal thing. when confronted with facts it doesn't work hobbies start getting put into the equation.
tl;dr
just be yourself
>>
Why even vent if you won't listen to advice? Do you just want a sycophant to agree with you that your life is shit?
>>
>>29842187
>Why even try to talk to me if you're not going to actually listen?
they aren't trying to talk to you
they are trying to make themselves feel better by thinking they've helped someone out in life

this is why most people bother to give advice. not to help, but to make themselves feel good about being a helper

whether or not they actually helped the person they told it to doesn't matter. that's why they get hostile when those they try to "help" don't say respond in the right way
>>
File: wht.png (242 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
wht.png
242 KB, 4500x4334
>>29842233

Wew lad, found the normalfag.
>>
File: michael_cera.png (357 KB, 899x411) Image search: [Google]
michael_cera.png
357 KB, 899x411
>>29842233
Why are you assuming that I don't want advice? Where did I say that?

I said I don't want shitty normie platitudes like, "be yourself"

I complained about people responding to me without actually reading what I say, and your reaction was to respond to me without actually reading what I said
>>
>>29842233
because your advice is shit
>>
>>29842252
You've made me think
>>
>>29842187

The "just world fallacy" only protects women.

If you are a male and you talk about the "just world fallacy", people will decide right then and there that you are worthless, and that since you are a man, everything should come easy to you.
>>
>>29842233
Because it's cathartic.

Same reason yelling when you stub your toe doesn't actually heal it but makes it feel better.
>>
vent op, vent! vent to me
>>
File: rosetta-comet-67p-orbit-525.gif (1 MB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
rosetta-comet-67p-orbit-525.gif
1 MB, 600x379
To be thoroughly conversant with a man's heart, is to take our final lesson in the iron-clasped volume of despair.
>>
If you don't care when someone derails with their own horrible loneliness, why don't you care when someone tries to help? no matter how retarded they are.

I'd like to say that being ignorant is better than being depressed and ignorant, but... being ignorant is much harder to rid yourself of, so the difference in difficulty is negligible.
>>
>>29843150
*myself originalerino
>>
The cure to depression is to value other people in human history, but you yourself only live in the moment.
>>
dunno if this will help you OP but I just opened an fortune cookie that reads: "You will do better in real estate than stock"

I hope that helps
>>
>>29842297
You want some real help faggot? Get a copy of Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. Legitimately helped me break out of depression by recognizing mood and personality are the result of habits of negative thinking. You have to stop being such a woe is me pussy and decide what you want out of life. Do you want to find people you share interests with? You have to learn to deal with people you might not want to be friends with too. You have to isolate your insecurities and change them one by one... and if you physically can't change you have to accept them and move one
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.