[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been using 4chan and the internet for a very long time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1424746376213.png (91 KB, 319x387) Image search: [Google]
1424746376213.png
91 KB, 319x387
I've been using 4chan and the internet for a very long time. The entire time, I've seen people spouting their stupid "nihilism" memes like the pseudo-intellectuals they are, talking about how there is no God and everything is hopeless, etc.
Let me clarify that I never really combated them because I think that no, not a lot really matters in the longrun, but there's no reason to be depressed or condescending over it like they most often were, since we do get to do things in our lives that are fun or meaningful to us regardless. So generally speaking, I disagreed with their philosophy despite holding its core thought pattern myself.
Lately, however, I just can't find it in myself to care. I just feel horrible and lazy and can't find any more hope in me. Merely existing makes me feel despair I can't quite describe, like a legitimate feeling that my body is sinking down into the earth. Even just talking or looking at somebody is very difficult.

Is this the depression meme everyone was talking about.
>>
>>29841901
Yup, welcome to depression oldfag. When did you start coming here? 2004 here and started getting that same feeling 4 years ago.
>>
try having some fun fellow fag. volunteer, smoke loads of weed, jerk your dick so much you pee sideways, get drunk and yell at strangers, volunteer, put yourself in an environment with nice people, try to be a nice person, be content with who you are, realize you're a bad person, try to be a nice person, molest little girls, sell crack to elementary schoolers, donate to the needy, make cheese for the poor, become a nun, become a father, become a Father anon, etc. Gl hf
>>
>>29841901
>I never really combated them because I think that no, not a lot really matters in the longrun, but there's no reason to be depressed or condescending over it like they most often were, since we do get to do things in our lives that are fun or meaningful to us regardless. So generally speaking, I disagreed with their philosophy despite holding its core thought pattern myself.

Sounds like cognitive dissonance for some particular personal reason. Then you realized no, you were actually depressed even though you hated those pseud faggots edginess
>>
>>29841901
just end yourself or build something you'll be happy with. those are the 2 options in life.
>>
>>29841901
Its depression if it lasts six weeks.
>>
>>29842092
what about five years?
>>
>>29841946
OP here.
It's been since 2007 for me.
>>
>>29842011
All that sounds unironically entertaining maybe.
Perhaps I just need an exciting, yet laid back lifestyle to have fun with. Living like I don't care and such.
>>
>>29842142
That's many six weeks joined together. You probably qualify for a discount, buying in bulk like that.
>>
Thinking about this always cheers me up and defeats angst. Look at the veins in your arm, observe they look a lot like the veins in a plant stem, or the roots of a plant, the branches of a tree etc. Even mountains and rivers photographed from above even look sorta like veins. Charles Darwin noticed similarities between the body parts of different animals, and he came up with the theory of evolution, reasoning that different species share common ancestors. Our planet and the others rotate around the Sun, and electrons also rotate around the nucleus of an atom. Scientists speculate at the center of our galaxy is a black hole and that the stars rotate around that. Perhaps everything rotates around a center?

But what's the significance of that? There is a pattern through every part of the universe, on the smallest and largest scale, everything existent living or not follows this rubric of mysterious origin. The universe seems to me as a fractal, an image repeating itself forever. Now, this does not mean necessarily that God is real, or that life has any meaning but it should be something to make you think hard about the conclusions you have about reality. Your cells are cloned, some get sick, all die eventually. All of them die with no knowledge that they are a part of a greater entity, one beyond their understanding.

I think ultimately at the beginning of time there was a perfect 1, complete unity and fullness, absolute existence and there is a perfect 0, pure nothingness and complete emptiness, absolute non-existence. Between the two, some interaction occurred, and all numbers came forth from the 1, following a pattern and so made the multitude.

This philosophy is not unique to me, similar thought can be found in numerous religions and philosophies around the world, particularly the mystical ones. Did my best to condense this to one post Sorry if this post is obtuse or poorly written. I hope it's enough to get you started on your journey. Godspeed.
>>
>>29842855
Not poorly written at all. Thanks for that, it actually sorta helps.
I've always been a borderline gnostic theist myself, but never focused too hard on drawing any conclusions to anything because it tends to burn me out, as I think contemplate it nonstop for days in a row.
I do feel hopeful for any sort of afterlife, whether it be reincarnation, heaven or simply floating consciously in the aether, though I won't get into all the reasons why I believe them to be plausible.
>>
>>29842974
>gnostic
Nice. Most of what I believe comes from reading religious texts. I relied on logic and science in my first post because religion is dismissed immediately by so many people, thanks to pop-scientists promoting atheism (not that atheism itself is an ignorant conclusion, I just mean to say much of the internet-atheists lack nuance).

But if you're sad and need a quick reminder of your place in the world, I recommend reading the Emerald Tablet. Basically sums up quickly what I said in the language of ancient Greek mystery religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet
>>
>>29843563
Ah, thanks.
It has been for a while that I've been depressed this time even though the previous sinking, soulless feelings only ever came on for around 3 weeks at a time before somewhat resolving itself.
It is somewhat saddening that religion is dismissed so quickly by people in this day and age. Whether or not individuals choose to or not to believe in a religion, we cannot deny that it has a very important place in this world that would leave us open to bad things were it not filled, though it does seem people remain unknowing of that.

God bless.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.