[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why could have been done to treat his mental illness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 640x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 640x768
What was Elliot Rodger's problem, though? I feel bad for his suffering, although let's be honest... it wasn't at the hands of other people.

He felt every perceived slight far too deeply, and viewed the world as his enemy from an early age. I'd say this is quite a common personality disorder on this board... probably 100 million of such people in the world.

The development of bloodthirsty rage seems pretty inexplicable, based on the journal. Especially since he had no known hallucinations or intrusive thoughts. It happens, but there tend to be only a few individuals every decade who develop this.

So what could society have done to make Elliot and others like him feel happy and included?
>>
Was Peter Rodger really a bad guy? What could he have done)
>>
File: image.png (103 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103 KB, 640x1136
>>29840640
I blame the divorce. I reckon this could have been avoided had Peter Rodgers not divorced his first wife.
>>
>>29839594
I'm not quite sure anything could be done other than maybe better parenting. Seems like a lazy answer, but he had so many problems that might been fixed had he had better parents.

Reading through what he did with money was pretty silly. He was obsessed with some materialistic hollywood-esque image, rather than something more valuable like social skills. The part about him going at some event and no one knew who he was and how much it upset him (especially how angry he was that despite his expensive and 'in' brands no one gave a shit), is pretty indicative of his problems.

Seemed like he craved social approval so much but relied on lazy media to understand how to get it. Rather than, you know, having interests or skills or something to drive friendship, he resorted to just buying shit.

I think the part about him trying to get a date by sitting in public expecting a stranger to just randomly stroll by and stop to talk to him shows how incredibly incompetent and out of touch with reality he was. Maybe if his father had put more effort into helping teaching him important socializing skills early he would actually get more validation.

I originally thought that his taking the slightest things the wrong way was just some personal fault, but I think that's more of a result of his life long failure to get the social validation he wants and struggling to rationalize his failure.
>>
>>29839594
>So what could society have done to make Elliot and others like him feel happy and included?
society? nothing.
his family?
lock him up in a mental health institution.
Eliot was beyond saving.
>>
it isn't mental illness when you see the world for how it really is. that's just what normies say to discount our opinions.
>>
Nothing. They could've teached Elliot some tricks to increase his kill count though
>>
>>29841017
What did Elliot see that regular depressed people don't see?

I've read the journal and normies did almost nothing to him. The day of retribution was simply sour grapes over sex and he made no attempt to justify it morally. He was like a cartoon villain whose motivations were not at all clear.
>>
>>29839594
It's called Hapa rage. There is no known cure except death.
>>
>>29841567
He had a victim complex and felt he was being left out because he wasn't good enough. His morally justification was pretty clear: life is unfair so the ones that have it easier must pay. A twisted logic like his twisted world, but still makes sense from a person so utterly bitter against the world.
>>
Elliot was treated like shit by everyone so he wanted revenge.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.