[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Jap language so pleasing to the ears but the Chink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15
File: brah.jpg (61 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
brah.jpg
61 KB, 604x453
Why is the Jap language so pleasing to the ears but the Chink and Gook languages are absolutely disgusting to hear?
>>
It's not so pleasant when it's from annoying, squealing girls. One reason I can barely stand to watch animu anymore.
>>
>Vietnamese

ever heard those fuckers talk? sweet jesus.
>>
>>29837186
I think Japanese has more influence from Islander languages like Polynesian and Hawaiian

these languages build words using sylabbaries in which instead of individual sounds like "r" and "h" they use syllables like "na" and "he"

these types of languages sound pretty cool imo, they sound a lot more... naturally flowing since every sound is coupled with a vowel

it makes them sound a lot... softer than languages in which harder noises can be used to end words and whatnot

in addition, chinese and vietnamese rely on tones which frequently make words sound disgusting, there's really no way they could sound as good with that system. (although tones are semi important for some words in japanese, it's not really tonal imo)

I honestly don't know what the Korean's problem is, they just made a disgusting ugly language. I will admit Korean is an easier langauge to learn, easy characters, small alphabet.
>>
>>29837186
gook and jap languages sounds the same to me.

I like chink langauge, I think it sounds cool, espesally classical Chinese when I watch chink soap operas.
>>
File: 1448162217572.gif (227 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
1448162217572.gif
227 KB, 352x240
I really took notice how japanese sounds more of a language compared to chinese for example.

listen:
Chinese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGFpyuuchg

Japanese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyNIVbtw4z4

Now tell me which one sounds like an actually language.

>>29837310
See example
>>
>>29837186
You watch too many cartoons
>>
>>29837186
Japanese are smart, they don't have chemical fires every week.
Smart people sound good when talking
>>
File: 1466297517348.jpg (55 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1466297517348.jpg
55 KB, 700x400
because it's softness and fluidity is similar to romance languages which is the standard you probably hold languages to
>>
plen detected
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUbGiN-41Q
>>
>>29837348
>really took notice how japanese sounds more of a language
The fuck does this mean you dumb weeb? Also what a pathetic cherry picking. This guy puts you into place,
>>29838391
>>
File: Z_ettvlg.jpg (49 KB, 634x475) Image search: [Google]
Z_ettvlg.jpg
49 KB, 634x475
first of all, you are stupid as a plank of rotten wood
and to answer your question, its not. you just got used to it by watching anime
>>
>>29838579
He meant to say that Japanese sounds more civilized or less barbaric than Chinese. Notice how savage and unintelligent Chinese sounds compared to Japanese?
>>
>>29837186

because chinese is a tone language and japanese isnt.

tone languages sound weird to non tone language speakers.

/thread
>>
>>29837186
Japanese has a flow to it. Chinese is just single syllables. Literally just ching chong chang.
>>
why is the chink language so aesthetic and the korean scripture so methodical and uniform, yet the moon language is a mess consisting of a mix of chink language with 2 fucking alphabets that have the same phonemes? and each chink character in the language has several pronunciations as well?

Oh fuck the captcha was in chink, the gods of china are with me
fuck you op
>>
>>29837186
so did this dude just have dark circles around his eyes or was he wearing make-up
>>
>>29839102
>2 fucking alphabets that have the same phonemes?
seriously what the fuck is up with that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UymukbJYms0

They belong to different language group, japanese originates from mongolian language while chinese and other asians have their own shit going on.
>>
>>29837270
this. girls speaking any yellow language is audio cancer to me
>>
>>29840116
yeah except this doesn't sound like japanese at all
>>
>>29839102
Well what do you expect? Written Japanese was invented by women.
>>
>>29839102
actually the Japanese language is the most aesthetic by far
>>
I think Korean is a pretty unique and pleasing-to-the-ears language alongside Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk6WiGOmlso&feature=youtu.be

I do agree though that Chinese sounds really crude and emotionless
>>
>>29841230
I agree with you that kpop is hella cute, but listen to the actual lyrics

the language itself just can't really be made to sound cute like Japanese can

it's just a lot more rough sounding
>>
retard weeb worship anything jap origin, are you 12 by the way? davido
>>
Japanese sounds nice and woody. Chinese is an awfully tinny sort of language.
>>
>>29841230
>>29841265

idk i feel Korean can be kawaii af too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST8O-AeY3Uo&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>29841300
retard anti weeb unable to admit anything in Japan is good, are you from /pol/ by the way? cletus
>>
>>29841340
Mandarin is, Cantonese is a much nicer sounding dialect
>>
>>29839902
Actually it's basically the same shit but one is used for foreign words and sometimes as capital letters
>>
>>29838686
It's the tones man
>>
Mei sounds like an anime character even though she's Chinese.
>>
>>29841391
>basically the same shit
nah it is literally the exact same shit, they make the exact same sounds

there's no need for a seperate alphabet just for foreign words, japs are retarded

and why can't kanji have one consistent sound? why does it make the ji sound sometimes and toki sound other times? fucking retarded
>>
>>29837348

gin speaks cantonese

cantonese =/= Mandarin
>>
>>29837348
I like that chinese rap though
>>
>As a general rule, most kanji have at least 2 ways to pronounce them--the "Kun" (pron. "koon"), or native Japanese word related to the kanji, and the "On" (pron. "own"), developed from the original Chinese word associated with the kanji when it was imported from China centuries ago (may not be similar to the current Mandarin word). Like Western culture looks back to Rome for its alphabet (which they developed from the Greeks), Japan looks back to China.

>Just like we in English often use Greek or Latin forms when making compound words (e.g. an airplane with 2 wings is a "bi-plane", not a "two-winger"), the Japanese use the "On" readings ("Ji" in this case) for combinations like "ji-kan" (time interval), "dou-ji" (simultaneous), and use the "Kun" reading "toki" when used by itself. This is a general rule, with lots of exceptions (unfortunately!), but works 80-90% of the time. This saves a lot of memorization. If you choose wrong, don't worry--the Japanese often have the same problem, even with years of learning these things in school.

so it seems that the reason there is two pronunciations is because toki goes back to chinese days when it came over
>>
I wonder how English sounds to foreigners.
>>
MONGOLIAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c
>>
File: image.jpg (612 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
612 KB, 1500x1500
>>29841451
Kanji have different sounds because japs stole chinks symbols but they wanted to be special and different from chinks so they made new readings on top of the Chinese readings
>>
>>29837297
Your post makes my linguist's heart cry.
>>
>>29841638
Same here, I was cringing my way through that post.
>>
>>29837297
Wow. Everything in this post is just...wow. 0/10 anon, go read a linguistics book.
>>
>>29837297
This is what I think too. I agree with this post.
>>
Why is learning languages so hard? This feels way too bothersome
>>
>>29839102
>Japanese stole the writing system of Hanzi from the Chinese and called it Kanji
>created their own written language a couple hundred years later called Hiragana
>combined the meanings of their words with the Chinese Hanzi
>Chinese Emperor changes, introduces new readings to writing system
>Japanese take new readings and keep them instead of replacing
>Do this seven times over
>Introduced to westerners hundreds of years later
>Create a new syllabary that can handle foreign loan words, albeit horribly

And that is how the Japanese ended up with three alphabets and 5-7 reading per Kanji.
>>
>>29841722
>Why is learning languages so hard? This feels way too bothersome
it doesn't have to be, immersion is the best way to learn a language and makes learning the language a lot easier
>>
File: 1357205057846.jpg (22 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1357205057846.jpg
22 KB, 441x411
Japanese sounds more pleasing, and more like a language, because it uses consonants and vowels similar to Germanic and Latin languages. But take other chink languages, and they'll be more focused on long vowels. That's why Chinese people sound like retarded aliens.

It also helps that the language is very simple. There are only 46 syllables. Can learn them all in a few hours. But there are hundreds if not thousands of syllables in English.

Make an Amerifat listen to a song like one of these, ask them what language it is, and they'll probably say some fucking shit like Dutch or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auwWT0apNIA&t=35s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8CHzh8rR0&t=1m

source: lived in japan for 4 years
>>
>>29841745
>hat can handle foreign loan words, albeit horribly
you have to admit they sound hella cute tho
>>
>>29841752
mate I visit /r9k/ how the fuck could I immerse myself in a language
>>
>>29841768
>Make an Amerifat listen to a song like one of these, ask them what language it is, and they'll probably say some fucking shit like Dutch or something.
literally no american will say that
dutch sounds like bottom of the barrel german gluttoral garbage compared to japanese
dutch sound like phlegm
>>
>>29841807
>dutch sound like phlegm
And your average Amerifat will have never heard Dutch. But Japanese SOUNDS like a European language, so a dumbass American will just pull some European language they know of, and say hurr durr it's probably that.
>>
>>29841934
I think most people would say Japanese sounds like Japanese you retarded weeb.
>>
File: kila laughing.jpg (11 KB, 140x136) Image search: [Google]
kila laughing.jpg
11 KB, 140x136
>>29841768
>Chinese people sound like retarded aliens
>>
>>29841978
>I don't like his opinion
>call him a weeb
literally you
>>
File: double d.png (31 KB, 143x125) Image search: [Google]
double d.png
31 KB, 143x125
>>29841978
>imblynigger an American has ever heard a language besides Russian, French, German, Spanish or English
>>
bumping with 70s Japanese music

japanese music was best from this time imo, do you guys like retro japanese music? post what you like

JUNKO YAGAMI - MR BLUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntCYfxM33w
>>
>>29837186
What the fuck is Zyzz doing in /r9k/?
>>
>>29842505
he is here to save us
>>
>>29842540
Nah brah, I'm already a regular tripfag on /fit/. You might know me as Apostle of Zyzz. I'm just surprised that a robot lnew of his existence, althoutght I heard some /fit/izens regularly come to /r9k/
>>
Every slant-eye tongue is horrid to hear. The squealing gibberish of children
>>
>>29842585
>Zyzz
"LOL from those lifting man comics you see on r/4chan every year XD

you're as much a meme as us at this point
>>
Lol

waps/weeaboos think Japanese doesn't sound the same as Chinese
>>
File: 1444201244171.png (480 KB, 625x561) Image search: [Google]
1444201244171.png
480 KB, 625x561
>>29837186

Because Japs are the whites of the asian people. Indians are the niggers, phillipinos are the mexicans, vietnamese are the canadians, and chinese people are the chinese people of asians.
>>
Korean and Japanese sound similar to me, but Koreans speak too fast and do a little bit too much whining, so it's annoying like Chinese. Hangul is piss easy, shame I didn't devote myself to actually learning vocab worbs after memorizing hangul.
>>
>>29837186
2 reasons:

1) Because you're retarded and you should commit seppuku, it'd be the most Japanese thing you could do

2) Because Japan culturally exports anime and music, gets better depictions than China in entertainment (hollywood) and thus you associate Japanese phonetical sounds positively
>>
>>29842810

probly the same reason the japanese are the only creative asians, and the only ones whos faces dont look like tables
>>
>Mfw learning Mandarin for almost 3 years....

Do I just quit while I'm ahead and change to something else or what?
>>
>>29842907
>"creative"

Hey guys, this teenager is a mech pilot who wants to win the heart of the girl of his dreams. He thinks she doesn't notice him, but secretly she has always felt the same way!

Anime is all the same, and it's all retarded. Japs are indistinguishable from Chinks and the other slanteye-niggers.
>>
>>29842923
>mfw that is literally what I did

I've been learning Chinese for 4 years in high school, just switched to Japanese for the lols
>>
>>29843029

i hate weebs and anime. i was talking more about the fact the japs created CLASSIC games that hundreds of millions of europeans grew up on. mario, zelda, donkey kong, mega man, street fighter, final fantasy. the list goes on. to deny the japanese arent creative is just being ignorant. stop trying so hard faggot
>>
File: lain.jpg (317 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
lain.jpg
317 KB, 2048x1152
>>29843029
>Anime is all the same, and it's all retarded.

Confirmed for only watching flavor of the month shounen trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5yDYrO0gc
>>
>>29843029
>Anime is all the same
do you even watch anime tho

this opinion can only come from a position of ignorance
>>
>>29843053
Yep, started in high school as well. Not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed the class and learned a lot but the tone bullshit of the language is annoying as hell.

>The teacher was kinda hot though....
>>
>>29843101
You got to admit though that the industry is starting to turn to shit due to all the otaku taking over. The same slice of life and moe crap has become more prevalent over the last decade or so. It's not as creative as it once was.
>>
Chinese here.

Chinese is hard on the ears for some due to the sudden changes in tone/sounds. I've also read that most people prefer mandarin due to the harsh sounds in Cantonese.

Mandarin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcdscWaat_w
Cantonese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OqXWzekVw4

Also the Chinese writing system is fucking insane and will take you years to learn, and there is also 2 of them.
>>
>>29843261
>there is also 2 of them.
???
simplied and traditional aren't really too different desu, I mean one is literally just a simpler version of the other

why the fuck are Taiwanese so autistic? why do they want to use more complicated characters?

also are you actually chinese or chinese american
>>
File: all-that-we-hope-to-be-5889781.jpg (55 KB, 690x690) Image search: [Google]
all-that-we-hope-to-be-5889781.jpg
55 KB, 690x690
>>29843154
I can certainly admit that. But there's still gems out there. You just gotta look for them. Pic related.
>>
>>29841300
>>i don't realize what website i'm on, and how this websites existence came to be

nice
>>
File: Arabic Alphabet.gif (10 KB, 560x267) Image search: [Google]
Arabic Alphabet.gif
10 KB, 560x267
Arabic is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB7bxRNswo0
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-09+at+09.06.06).png (7 KB, 525x83) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-09+at+09.06.06).png
7 KB, 525x83
>>29843285

Am Chinese Canadian (born here)

They are similar, but really learning to recognize both sets of characters is not trivial. This is not a phonetic language and every character must be memorized for their multiple pronunciations/forms, also some characters are not 1 to 1.

I had to learn traditional because overseas chinese use traditional most of the time along with hk/taiwan media. I had to learn simplified because mainland chinese use it. It's pretty much mandatory for people dealing with both Chinese worlds. Also had to learn to read in mandarin and cantonese. Honestly this is pretty bullshit, if I was white I could just learn english and be ambiguously white.
>>
>>29843261
I like Chinese better because they make me dumplings
>>
>>29843498
I don't get it though, are there any benefits at all to using more complicated characters?
>>
>>29843659

Not that I know of, some possible reasons

-got used to them
-hate commies and everything about the CCP
-easier to distinguish due to more strokes/complexity
-trying to distinguish themselves from mainlanders
>>
>>29837270
this.

japanese is a very masculine language. it's badass when spoken by authoritative men, but it sounds disgusting when spoken by feminine women who are trying to be cute or sexy.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.