[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me brothers I am so fucking scared to die, im afraid of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1462543031664.png (24 KB, 216x214) Image search: [Google]
1462543031664.png
24 KB, 216x214
Help me brothers
I am so fucking scared to die, im afraid of what comes next. I'm only 20 and god knows how ill feel when I'm old. And god knows if well ever see our loved ones again... Or anything. Fuck man existence/reality is bizzare. Please God help us and may He have mercy and give us eternal peace.

But even eternity scares me shitless I've been having anxiety attacks, every time i have an existencial crisis i think it can't get worse but they keep getting stronger.

Since like middleschool i believed that "life has no meaning" type shit but i never really experienced the dread of existing until i did shrooms. It was like waking up from a dream and i was seeing the world for the first time, thinking about all the unfathomably huge number of rules of the universe and random events that lead to this present moment, and of all that stupid shit like why matter or anything even exists, if time is cyclical etc. And this whole time i was super aware of my conciousness, like the brain i guess that processes my senses And thoughts And feelings. I thinking of solipsism And man that shit was horrible to think about, and yet its our reality and here we are.

Feel free to vent your existentialism in this thread, i feel better having typed this out and I'm sure it's a common feeling among humans, maybe even all living things. May we persevere to the bitter end, should there ever be an end
>>
i know that fear well dude
talking to family and religion helped me greatly
>>
You know I think all of this wouldn't seem so scary if reality were just a little more lighthearted. Like when I was a kid, sure I had existential thoughts, but it didn't matter as much as it does now.

I wish all of reality was like that. I'm not as afraid of existence itself anymore, but I am afraid of the vast potential for -how- we exist.

I'm also afraid that there isn't some "thing" (in quotes because thing really isn't the right word) outside of existence, like how can all that "is" and will ever "be" be guided by the principle that "stuff happens". I can't really put it into words, but it makes even the vastness of the cosmos and maybe even other cosmos seem so lonely. Like it's all one huge elaborate trick it's playing on itself so it pretend that everything does not amount to absolutely nothing and the entirety of anything that can happen isn't just a distraction from the fact that there is and never will be anything meaningful to be found... ever. And since everything operates on the one single principle that "stuff happens", it isn't truly infinite. If anything, it's so constrictingly finite that the very thought that this is all there is makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

Everything ends in complete and utter loneliness.
>>
Reality, existence, and the fact that we're here is pretty cool imo. At the same time, I can wholeheartedly relate to the "what's the point of everything" argument. I aim to enjoy my time here, but the idea of fading into nothingness when death comes knocking sounds kind of comfy. We'll see what happens...good luck on your journeys fellow anons
>>
>>29825320
Yes i understand how you feel. This life is so strange and i fear ill never know it's purpose, if any, or that i could even comprehend the intricacies behind this reality

>>29825007
I want to believe in God very badly but i know that ANYTHING is possible and nobody knows or has a clue
>>
Time freaks me the fuck out man. Like how long is the "present"? Thinking of time linearly there is a before and after the now, but now is constantly changing. How precise of increments can you get between the present and past, or future, before it becomes indistinguishable from the present? one second ago is the past, but what about .1 seconds? or 10e-100 seconds? There is a point at which we can get so small that we can no longer measure anything smaller than the size of say an electron or quark, but is there a definate smallest achievable length of time? Does having a smallest unit break it's infinity?
>>
After a severe illness (symptom-wise) I became aware of how weak and vulnerable a person really is
>>
You should check out Alan Watts. There are a bunch of his talks on youtube. He believes (and is quite convincing in his reasoning) that there is no separation between "me" and the universe. There is no self. I (and you, and every other person) am just one part of the universe, one expression of it. I am something the universe is doing. Just like how leaves grow out of a tree, we grow out of the universe.
He believes that this means there is no real death. While the physical body I am currently experiencing the perspective of will die, I am not this body, I am the universe experiencing this body, and when the body dies, I will simply begin experiencing something else in the universe because I am the universe because everything in the universe is the universe.
>>
File: YY-5-5.png (331 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
YY-5-5.png
331 KB, 800x450
Let me let you in on a little secret OP.

No Self stands alone. Behind it stretches an immense chain of physical and - as a special class within the whole - mental events, to which it belongs as a reacting member and which it carries on. Through the condition at any moment of its somatic, especially its cerebral system, and through education, and tradition, by word, by writing, by monument, by manners, by a way of life, by a newly shaped environment... by so much that a thousand words would not exhaust it, by all that, I say, the Self is not so much linked with what happened to its ancestors, it is not so much the product, and merely the product, of all that, but rather, in the strictest sense of the word, the SAME THING as all that: the strict, direct continuation of it, just as the Self aged fifty is the continuation of the Self aged forty.

We are thus faced with the following question: Why should an organ like our brain, with the sensorial system attached to it, of necessity consist of an enormous number of atoms, in order that its physically changing state should be in close and intimate correspondence with a highly developed thought?

The answer is that the world is given to me only once, not one existing and one perceived. Subject and object are only one. We do not belong to this material world that science constructs for us. We are not in it; we are outside. We are only spectators. The reason why we believe that we are in it, that we belong to the picture, is that our bodies are in the picture. Our bodies belong to it. Not only my own body, but those of my friends, also of my dog and cat and horse, and of all the other people and animals. And this is my only means of communicating with them.

Hence this life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of the entire existence, but is in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance.
>>
>>29825533
I wonder how 'one' with the universe he would feel while being chased by a lion
>>
>>29825533
The "me" we cling to is a part of self preservation that all animals have. It's evolved because it's best at keeping a meat vessel alive so DNA can have a mode of ensured replication... It sucks to think of myself as just an overly complicated way to continue the existence of a specific helix molecule but that's all I feel like sometimes
>>
>>29825476
wow you sound really similar to me
i've always kinda suffered from feeling like anything is possible, so it feels like nothing is fact
i can't make you believe in god, but i will wish you luck
>>
>>29825569
This is all Schrodinger, right? 4chan is not intelligent enough to understand desu

I mostly get it though, although the implications are too difficult to fully appreciate desu
>>
>>29825582
Probably even more so, part of it is about being completly in the present so that would be a situation that would cause a lot of people to feel that way, the trouble is doing it in every day life.
>>
its called being twelve. you still enjoy the world enough to want to be in it. holy fuck i'm on 4chan and its full of normie scum like OP
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.