[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cliche Theory - Why Autists Fail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: Autism1.jpg (962 KB, 1851x1851) Image search: [Google]
Autism1.jpg
962 KB, 1851x1851
I have figured out why my autistic tendencies have resulted in setbacks in my life. This theory explains everything perfectly.

Normies are naturally hedonistic, cunning, and don't care at all about unseen suffering. I don't mean this as an insult. I now understand that you need to be all of those things to make any change to the world, good or bad.

Here is the problem: since normies NATURALLY have these tendencies, the cliches they spread are intended to curb them. But autists don't naturally think this way, so they are simply left with cliches which push them in the wrong direction.

Here is an example: "Money isn't important."

This cliche is intended to slightly curb the natural normie tendency to seek social status (i.e. money) as a primary drive. Normies don't really believe this cliche, it's just something they occasionally say to themselves so they don't go overboard.

But when I heard this cliche, I believed it. There was nothing to counteract. So I didn't seek money.

Autistic children should actually be told the opposite. They should be told to achieve social status and power at any cost. Because that isn't natural for them.
>>
>Here is an example: "Money isn't important."

Actually, isn't it more likely that statements like these are made my normies in a sortof 'game theory' way, to convince others of their own moral virtue - convincing others to 'trust' them... while also disarming and encouraging others to hold this value themselves as a truth. So it's basically a manipulative lie\propaganda.

There was this video on Youtube recently which got a lot of attention from MRA\MGTOW types because this conservative organisation had a guy in the video basically arguing why marriage is good for men... and then he goes on to tell the story of how some imaginary guy was working at a factory but he got a wife, and suddenly he decided to get a job in the military to provide for her, and this meant promotions and more work, less going to bars and more time at church etc - the main criticism of the commenters was basically that none of the things listed were actually GOOD for this hypothetical man, he was just being made into a living drone. But it occurred to me watching this - that the man promoting the message is paid well to act as an "intellectual" and talk about this crap while dressed in an expensive suit - and here he is arguing the "moral good" of becoming a disposable shovel\drone for women, and even risking your life by working in the military... and he wasn't arguing that HE should do these things, but that other men should. It's almost as if most of language, and talk about "morality" is used not for communication but manipulation for our own selfish ends.
>>
>>29823514

This is actually a good theory, anon. It also explains why we're so beta; the "Don't be full of yourself, be nice to women, etc." memes are designed to keep the normie tendencied in check, but with us, it leads to exactly what it literally says, being a submissive cuck.
>>
This is one of those things yoi have to experience your whole life to realize is true without >muh source

Another one for me is when normies say stuff about how bad complaining is and how entitlement is terrible, and I always have that shit on my mind, and then people take advantage of me because I am too afraid to draw the line even though the people the nornies have in mind when making their sayings is someone much worse than me.

And plus, I worked retail before, 99% of customers have customized orders that they heavily scrutinize because they are all special, entitled snowflakes. When I go get food I just order whats on the menu
>>
>>29823624

Normies spread their memes, but when you actually embody them they can't believe it. They'll say that you shouldn't be whiny or entitled, like you said, but when you're not, they belittle you for "le low self esteem"
>>
>>29823623
OP here. I came up with this theory this last night when on a random whim, I decided to be extremely demeaning to my girlfriend during sex. She loved it. That's when I finally understood.

Basically, autists should behave like they imagine psychopaths would behave. They'll actually end up behaving half-normal.

My message to autists is: THOSE MESSAGES AREN'T FOR YOU.
>>
>>29823768

And all this time I thought it was just roasties being clueless hypocrites, saying they want one thing while liking another so they can filter out the betas.

But the truth is so much deeper. Good on you, anon. Write a paper for Nature
>>
it sounds like you're on the path to being mentally ill by reasoning psychotic generalized ideas as a means to an end. i don't quite know what else to say to you because it seems that your ideas are completely fabricated by your imagination, but man if you can find happiness in life without trampling anyone underfoot i can't argue with you. don't teach children to be psychotic though, there will probably be consequences
>>
>>29823897
t. reddit

his theory makes perfect sense to an autist
>>
>>29823897
>>29823624
Hahaha this is exactly what I mean by
>muh source
>>
>>29823608
>he wasn't arguing that HE should do these things, but that other men should

Have you ever read The Last Psychiatrist?
>>
>>29823950
>>29823977
i'm not telling you guys that he is wrong, i'm trying to argue morally that we shouldn't teach children the way you all are proposing. why can an autist not be happy as he is? you're projecting this idea onto other people who are "autistic" because you are unhappy with the way you were raised.
>>
Gave never considered myself autistic until reading this thread. Too many tendencies that align
>>
>>29824117
>why can an autist not be happy as he is?
It might be hard to explain this. But basically, the problem is that autists gain happiness from the same places as everyone else. An autist with no friends, no status, and no entertainment isn't happy.

The destination is the same, but the roadmap sends autists in the wrong direction.
>>
>>29824149
again, what do you mean by autists? the road map does not send autists in the wrong destination, it's the person or culture who teaches the roadmap to the autist before he is old enough to reason for himself. human beings gain happiness from the same things, not just "autists" or robots or whatever you are trying to refer to here. stop trying to experience the world through nightmare vision just because you think that it has to be this way. you're extremely privileged and yet you still find reason to be sour. you're letting other people dictate your life even when they aren't around
>>
Love this theory. It just feels right. And I would like to read your monograph on the subject, OP.
>>
>>29824303
I'm not sour, actually I am very proud that I am still alive. I'm proud that I achieved things that nobody thought I could. And I'm also proud that I finally figured out what is going on.

The best definition of what I mean by "autist" is "someone who needs to learn everything artificially". That's how it feels to me. Nothing was natural to me, it was all learned academically.

As a result, I never learned the things that normies do but never talk about.
>>
i never thought i was autistic until i recently started suspecting that maybe i was a little different. i just thought i had terrible social anxiety for many years. however, i was also extremely angry about all the lies that i eventually realized that i was told as a child. because i listened to them and no one else seemed to. for example, i treated people how i wished to be treated and raged internally that i never got treated the way i should be. but of course i was taught to be polite and respectful and to "be the bigger person" so i never changed. i didn't allow myself to be walked over, however, but that just resulted in me withdrawing completely (literal hermit) because i couldn't deal with the normie tendencies.

i always thought i was too morally aware to be a bad person but maybe i'm just slightly autistic. this is both sad and an interesting thing to consider. whatever is going on inside of me sure fucked me up but i can relate to you, OP. i've been trying to be a worse person lately (also known as standing up for myself) and it's only benefited me, so i would encourage anyone who can relate to give it a try.
>>
>>29823514
Very interesting theory.
I can agree with it to some extent.
>>
uh no.

those things aren't said to just "curb" people actually followed that shit in the past as recent as the 90s.

it's simply the people who keep civilization going are being outnumbered by the hedonistic sociopaths. civilization is like the prisoners dilemma where everyone has to choose cooperate to make things work. usually this was encouraged through religion and those platitudes but people now choose selfishness leading to the rapid degeneration of society. they think it does not have an impact whether they act rebellious and degenerate but it harms society as a whole for their gratification.
>>
>>29823514
Search RED TRP ong google, it will help you through life.
>>
Being able to get laid and get a girlfriend while holding a steady job is not rocket science. I have major social anxiety and still manage. Medicate to get through the day and drink without possing yourself at night. Problem solved.
>>
>>29824303
>all this projection
mate, half of what you're saying isn't even in the stuff he's posting.

And don't you think he means people on the spectrum when he says "autists?" Because, well, he's talking about autists, which is why he used that word. We mean what we say, no more and no less.
>>
>>29823514
>>29823623
This is actually pretty good insight, I never thought of it like that.
>>29823608
>There was this video on Youtube recently which got a lot of attention from MRA\MGTOW types because this conservative organisation had a guy in the video basically arguing why marriage is good for men... and then he goes on to tell the story of how some imaginary guy was working at a factory but he got a wife, and suddenly he decided to get a job in the military to provide for her, and this meant promotions and more work, less going to bars and more time at church etc - the main criticism of the commenters was basically that none of the things listed were actually GOOD for this hypothetical man, he was just being made into a living drone.
Life isn't about doing what feels good. If you think that you might as well be a hedonist. It's pathetic to live the bachelor life for 60 years and die with nobody to share it with and no legacy.
>>
>>29825171
Well how are autists supposed to get to finding a family if they're fucked from the get-go and even more fucked by all those different cliches?
>>
>>29825171
life also isn't about giving up on what you want to please everyone else. there's supposed to be a balance but society constantly drills messages into you that say "sacrifice your needs for the common good." and for normal people, that's just a reminder not to be so selfish. for others who take it literally, it's a crippling, self-destructive guideline that no one can possibly live by even when they try to. it makes them feel like selfish failures even when they live up to the ideal more completely than 99% of people and they don't learn to act in their own best interests.
>>
>>29825222
So what is your argument - that starting a family is a bad idea, or that it's bad because not everybody can do it? Because you just switched from the former to the latter.
>>29825247
Yeah, I can see how the message could be misinterpreted by autists like OP said.
>>
>>29825291
Neither. I'm saying that Autists are at point A, poin B is the family, employment all that good stuff. The distance to get to point B for those on the spectrum is long and full of inclines, hairpin turns and other things and they're working with a broken down car so to speak. Whereas those not on the spectrum have a car and a nice straightaway just perfect for cruising. So how would the autists get to point B?
>>
>>29825365
it is no measure of health to be well adapted to insane society
>>
>>29825043
slave to big pharm pill peddlers spotted.
>>
>>29826191
I would say it is when one's own mental health is predicated on their ability to integrate into said society.
>>
>>29823897
>this much nacissistic deluded armchair psychiatry
>le generalized ideas
>le imagination

Ok guy.

But I'm also projecting so jokes in both of us.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.