[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been catfished or suspected them to be fake? Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: msn-messenger-3.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
msn-messenger-3.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
Have you ever been catfished or suspected them to be fake? Have you ever catfished anyone?
>>
File: 1419882074218.jpg (3 KB, 124x99) Image search: [Google]
1419882074218.jpg
3 KB, 124x99
>>24553747
>you'll never use MSN again
>>
No false interest.
Or other types.
>>
>>24553747
>chat with fembot on here
>take it to skype
>bullshit for months
>cross country to meet her
>she sucks my dick
>we hang out for weeks
>i leave
>going to do it again pretty soon
>i still firmly believe this is all a ruse to get me to do something horrible, or that she's going to steal my kidneys or something
>>
I catfished a few robots before out of boredom, had one drive to my neighbors house four hours away from his own home then blocked him on the app I used to communicate with him

It was fun, kinda made me wish I was a girl
>>
>>24553781
no longer will you steal your friends gifs and send them to other friends claiming OC
>feelsbadman
>>
>>24553747

I have one account I'm using to catfish 20-30 peple, through posing as a girl with a disability and trolling online support groups to find the people that just have a fetish for it.
>>
>>24553781
>>24553819
>You will no longer spam nudges.
>>
>MSN
>meet a chink girl on myyearbook
>be black
>somehow convince her to strip to her underwear on her webcam and hump the ground for my own sexual pleasure
>she does this for me for months at a time but refuses to get naked or "date" me because I'm black
I miss it bros
>>
>>24553747
>tfw the most meaningful relationship youve ever had was on runescape with
>another man you assumed was female because of the character
>still had fun questing and pking
>>
>>24553815
Part of me wishes I was a girl. Not in a transgender way, just purely for the attention. I wouldn't even use it for sex, just to fuck with robots. I mean I could catfish but I guess people are more aware and stuff and ask for proof.
>>
Some grills have no idea the power that they have online. Purely from the dating site threads on here, guys on those sites are easy to fuck with. Once they find out it's a legit girl, they'll be putty in their hands I bet and SO easy to fuck around with.
>>
>Add someone from Habbo on MSN back in the day
>We talk from time to time.
>We send pics on day, they're some stereotypical scene girl
>They say I'm hot
>A while later I go on webcam for them
>Their webcam is 'broke'
>They get flirty
>They convince me to take my shirt off
>I do it
>This happens a few times, one time the waistband of my boxers was showing and they say it was hot and would love to see more
>I say I will if they send me a pic of themselves in underwear
>They get all awkward and shit
>Start to get suspicious
>Refuse to cam with them from that point on
>One day they reveal that they are actually a guy as I suspected, though I suspected a pedo , he was actually my age and that he loved our talks and he was initially doing it to see me naked but he fell for me and so he wanted to show me the true him and all this stuff
>Get weirded out and block him.
>>
I'm catfishing someone right now. I've been doing it for about 3 months. I started because I met him online and liked him a lot and was lonely, but I'm fat and not pretty and he's out of my league. So I pulled a random picture of some girl who was a friend of a friend of a friend on Facebook who was cute but not too cute.

I fucked up and have really developed feelings for him even though I knew I was just doing it "for a distraction."

Now he has demanded we actually see each other or he's done.

I'm getting what I deserve. I miss him so much. I'm fucking awful and he deserved better.
>>
>>24554321
Never sign into it again.
>>
>>24554351
Is it better to tell him or to just disappear? We have spent like every moment together since we met. it's killing me to just disappear. But would it be worse if k told him the truth?
>>
>>24554522
Either will do. If you disappear he'll just forget about you after a while anyways. Tons of people have online friends who never come online again one day.
>>
File: 1448251914822.jpg (94 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1448251914822.jpg
94 KB, 960x720
i got catfished for an entire year
>>
>>24554561
I don't think he'll just forget. We're adults and sort of started getting serious and making plans. It'll crush him. It'll crush me, too.
>>
>>24554629
Oh, I thought it was just a regular old catfishing thing.
>>
>>24554568
Me too. I lost a lot of money.
I met the guy, too.
He deserved to be punched and far worse, but I just played video games with him because I'm a nice person or some bullshit.
Then we never talked again.
>>
I'm not sure if this happened by accident but I was talking to an anon on another board about a gift swap we did and someone else responded to them about keeping the card they sent to me. The card sender didn't realize they were talking to someone else and replied back to them, it was kind of weird.
>>
>>24554568
>>24554660
Stories for both?
>>
>>24554758
Second anon here. I'm a lonely, depressed and desperate person, so I went to /soc/ one day to try making an IRL friend. Wound up falling for a catfish's bait, and wound up loaning her money for small things about 10 times a month. Constant excuses of increasingly ridiculous circumstances both for that and to avoid meetings. It added up to a few thousand dollars over a year. Particularly interesting was that the catfish wound up playing a few different "personalities" living together in an apartment as roommates, which provided some plausible deniability when things didn't match up and such. I caught onto this a few months in, but I didn't have anyone else to talk to so I went along with it for longer than I should have. Eventually wound up talking to a few other guys who were being played. Blackmailed him into meeting after learning his true identity, family, friends, etc. And so it went.

That was about a year ago. I'm just alone now. Recently met someone nice online but they stopped talking to me. It hurts.
>>
>>24554898
Go to the bar. Get buzzed, talk to strangers, and you'll realize that everyone's alone in no time.
>>
I have a snapchat app. I catfish a bunch of people.

Im actually some fat guy with no hope and pretend to be Chad. It works and im stringing one girl along thats adores "me" and sends me a lot of nudes. Its lovely and fulfills a hole in my life.
>>
My uncle's involved with this woman from England. I'm pretty sure it's some guy trying to take advantage of him. He's smart enough (I hope) to realize how real these catfish things are and the chances of this being one of them. But from what I've heard from others in my family, he's excited about it and seems convinced. I don't want to see him get hurt. He's had a difficult life.
>>
>>24555018
It probably is a Nigerian scammer.
>>24554898
The two red flags for a catfish are wanting money for various situations (No legit online friend that I've made has ever asked me for money.) or that they're overly flirtly and wanna see you on cam.
The first is the scammer type, the second is the nudes type, the two major types of catfishes.

Of course the major RED ALERT SHUT IT DOWN flag is when you arrange a meeting and 'something comes up' unless the two of you have talked on cam before, they're not legit. If you have suspicions at that point and they don't meet, no matter how devastating their story is, they're a catfish.
>>
>>24555153
>It probably is a Nigerian scammer.
Maybe. Luckily, my uncle's poor as fuck so hopefully he won't be foolish enough to waste what little money he owns.
>>
File: 1444678800501.png (330 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1444678800501.png
330 KB, 330x319
what's worse: people who catfish or people that get catfished?
>>
>>24555430
Really varies, I don't think you can categorize it like that.

>People who catfish for money or to get nudes.
Shitty people.
>People who catfish because they hate their appearance or wanna live in a fantasy world
Understandable, kinda sad though.
>People who catfish because they're underage b& and don't want anyone to know.
Understandable, I used to do that.

As for people who get catfished.
>People who fall for it because they think they're gonna get some pussy out of it even though there's no proof they're real
Idiots
>People who fall for it that are underage
Don't know any better probably.
>Older people who think they've found their true love and get strung along.
I feel sorry for them, majorly. There was a Dr. Phil episode on older men, who's wives have died or whatever who thought they found true love but they were catfished for their money. They thought they could love again. ;__;
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.