[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm feeling like I don't know how to continue on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x683
I'm feeling like I don't know how to continue on this project I want to start, a short trailer for a movie I'll probably never get to make (for copyright reasons). I have friends that can help me on it, I can get props, practical effects, shit like that fairly easily. I'm going for a whole low/no budget dealio so I think cheapness will be in my advantage there.

I just don't know how I'm supposed to start planning this shit out. I already know that, with enough style, I could blow all current adaptations of the material out of the water, but...it's a fucking trailer. How the fuck do you write out a script for a trailer?
>>
>>29807321
Normally you'd make a rough draft of the entire movie, and take interesting yet not spoiling scenes as part of the trailer.

Generally your trailer should show what your movie is about, who the Mc is, but don't, I repeat DON'T show the entire plot in the trailer.
>>
I have no experience but random suggestions:

-Go watch a few documentaries\videos on the scriptmaking process. Plenty of DVD's have extras which show some of how the writing room works.
-Go read a few scripts.

Basically, look to see how other people do things, there may be important techniques\processes that you're not aware of. Then, using that information develop your own process. Break it down into as many steps as you can, and go step by step knocking things off. If you get to something that's too hard, break it down into smaller steps. Seek advice and input from others.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 746x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 746x303
>>29807411
I refuse to show the whole plot in the trailer, but there's a line in the source material that I think could provide a good structure for it.

Pic related. Yeah I know it's cliche and a Drive ripoff but I think it could be a fun project.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.