[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /stuckinthepast/ here? Lately I can't stop thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: 3Dfeels.png (28 KB, 148x154) Image search: [Google]
3Dfeels.png
28 KB, 148x154
Who /stuckinthepast/ here?
Lately I can't stop thinking about great childhood memories and have been constantly watching old cartoons, commercials, and have been wanting to play videogames from my childhood, and even wanting to play with old toys. And yet it comes to me that those days are gone and I have to accept it and move on, and then I get sad. Why, bots? How do I fix this shit?
>>
File: 1448555448373.gif (206 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448555448373.gif
206 KB, 500x500
I'm sorry but
>pic related
>>
>>24543405
I'm with you, bro.

I dwell on the past too much. I feel left behind.
>>
File: enditalltbhfam.jpg (18 KB, 474x311) Image search: [Google]
enditalltbhfam.jpg
18 KB, 474x311
>>24543644
I'm fucking pissed because dumbass freshman in highschool me allowed my parents to coax me into thinking that I would "never play those old games anymore, and it would givee you money to buy newer games", so I sold my ps2 and all of my fucking games to get a harddrive for my xbox 360. I had so many great memories with that thing and even put a sticker on it that I got from the local skating rink only for the machine to be sold and likely immediately thrown in the dumpster and smashed to bits. Same with some old DBZ toys and vhs/dvds that were sold at various garage sales my parents had when we moved.
>>
>>24543405
No joke, but if someone were to give me a button that would instantly erase history and allow me to relive my childhood I wouldn't hesitate to press it.
>>
I am you.
Thinking about the past is all I've been doing for the past 8 years. It got worse and worse. Now I'm at a point where I lost all hope and ruined it all, with no desire to keep going.I don't even want to think about the past any more, but I seem to have pathological nostalgia.
>>
>>24543802
Same, except for school. I was a nervous wreck through school. But soending time with my grand parents and playing games, usually alone before I was aware of lonliness. I miss those days
>>
I've lost 40 lbs so I can fit into all my childhood clothes. I've been doing nothing but playing 90's games and watching old anime.
>>
>>24543405
[i]test[/i]
>>
>you will never have a childhood christmas again
JUST KUCK MY FUCKING LIFE UP
>>
opposite of stuck in the past

I have no decent childhood memories, not even one singular event that made me happy. Even during my childhood i was fucked up, it just took a broader vocabulary and maturity to realize that.

hopefully, through an extreme and extensive combination of lifestyle choices and adoption of some new life philosophies, I'll be able to manage a 180. It will be extremely hard for me.
>>
pretty much i only think about how much the past was better than my life is now and the future will be shit so no ur not the only one
>>
Never thought I was gonna become more than depressed when I was 14. Now, I fucking miss those days.
>>
All the time. Adult life is so empty and hollow. Everybody I know is depressed, escaping through serial drinking or partying or drug use or dating or shitposting. The family unit is dying, genuine friendships are being replaced with social media and streams. We're so independent and isolated and alone.

I can't not think of the happier, more innocent times of my life. When I, and everybody I know, didn't have to give a wistful sigh and glance at the ground when talking about life.
>>
Unrelated somewhat, but how am I supposed to feel good about anothers success?

My friend for like 14 years is graduating college next year and it does nothing but piss me the fuck off.

I can't feel good when something nice happens to anyone. I just feel infuriated and I can't stop.
>>
Sometimes I wish things were the way they were back then, oh how I wouldn't want to go back to those times of bliss. But then I think about how I would have to relive the moments that brought me here. Is it worth that period of bliss just to go back through the agony you never had control of?
>>
I can kinda relate.
Seems like 80% of my dreams revolve around people and places from High School.
My old house I grew up in. Things I did in the past.
Im 28 now...
>>
>>24546776
The only way it really works out is if you're already a higher status than them and they're elevating themselves closer to you. The wider the inequality between people, the harder it is for them to relate. Several of my friends were extremely successful in college and I similarly resented them for it. Goes the other way around, too. A friend of mine was practically regressing as he got older, writing childish fiction and becoming a total social recluse that did nothing but whine. Pity for him rapidly turned into dislike and irritation.
>>
>>24543405
I thought I was the only one, OP. I am always thinking about high school and how much I missed out on. I still have the same oneitis from then, had a dream about her last night.

The worst part is, she would try to talk to me and show interest but I was too autistic to realize it back then. When she inevitably gets engaged/pregnant, that's probably when I'm ending it all.
>>
>>24543405
>my childhood was as shitty as now so I don't regret nothing
I don't know how I feel about this feel
>>
File: nothingness.jpg (36 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
nothingness.jpg
36 KB, 600x480
>>24546434

Same. My past is terrible. There hasn't been a single time in my life when I've been happy.

> nothing in the past
> nothing in the present
> nothing in the future
>>
I seldom think back to my childhood but I have been thinking about some of the post High School pussy I was railing specifically this one girl that died and how if I had dated her she'd most likely still be here
>>
>>24546936
Why do you feel connected to her death ?
>>
>>24546993
Well when I met her she helped me out of a depression I was in brought on by an ex girlfriend, which was pretty childish looking back for me to unload my issues on her. She wanted a relationship and I continued to fuck her and have all of the benefits of a relationship without ever seriously considering being serious with her

Eventually she got tired of my bullshit and started dating this thug, they stole a vehicle together and she crashed/died instantly in the police chase.

I feel had I dated her she'd have never gotten with the thug
>>
File: 1446821504259.jpg (379 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1446821504259.jpg
379 KB, 800x600
>>24543405
I'm stuck in the past 24/7
All I do all day is relive my past life. I'm obsessed with memories, nostalgia and other feelings related. I search for it everywhere, and I feel to it. Mostly through music. I like to let my brain wander through the past until it finds an event that suits the feel I long for and then I write down the memories attached as they come to me. I'm building a written memory bank because my derealization/depersonalization makes it so I don't know who I am anymore. 7 years of not leaving the house just laying down in bed with severe depression has cancelled out a lot of my memory. I had a pretty shit childhood but I still miss the shit out of it. I WANT TO GO BACK. I WANT TO GET OFF MR BONES WILD RIDE. TAKE ME HOME SO I CAN GO OUTSIDE AGAIN AND FEEL FRESH AIR AND RAIN.

Found a box of old home movies I'm going to go through. Probably going to cry for the first time in 7 years.
>>
>>24543644

>i feel left behind

I know this feel all to well. I'm 29 now and see all my old friends amd classmates getting mark and having kids. I still feel like a child in my heart. I guess I'm a true manlet.
>>
>>24546936
>>24547055
I'm sorry for your loss, bro.
>>
>>24547209
Thanks anon, I just wish I was a bit more grown up during that period of time and could have led her in a better direction. It still like a realization every day that I'll never be able to talk to her again
>>
>>24543405
you're trying to figure out what was good and bad in your childhood. you're going through it again, because when/if you have children, you want to raise them properly.

or you're afraid of the future scientists will make people immortal and bring dead people back to life one day
>>
>>24546908
Op here, I also miss high school somewhat. Mostly Freshman and Sophomore years. Classes were easy, I actually had friends, it was a great time. Junior and Seniors I lost most of my friends and classes got harder, on top of some bullshit with a girl.
>>
>>24547235
I really get you. My ex gf brought me out of depression too. A few years later I found she was cheating on me with a friend. A few crips I know offered to off the guy but I declined. Instead I did some stupid shit which I wanna blame on me being young and angry. Probably me just being a fucking moron. Regardless, everyone hates me now. Tomorrow would have been our three year anniversary. I still love her.
>>
>>24547438
Yeah I feel you, the girl I dated before that I would routinely rape after having broken up with her and using her nude photos to blackmail her.

I never put them on social media like I threatened to do but it looks like the way I acted severely impacted her. She still lives with her parents despite being 22 and has never advanced as far as her career (unemployed) or education. Completely destroyed her with my own selfishness.
>>
>>24547486
I mean.. uh, that's a lot darker than I expected. But self centred people are pretty disgusting.
>>
File: life.jpg (148 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
148 KB, 419x610
Who /stuckintheimpossiblefuture/ here? I'm only fantasizing about what I could become and how I could be living, even though it's completely unrealistic. It's way worse than being stuck in the past. At least the past happened, my fantasies will never happen.
>>
>>24547626
Man I'm stuck in the impossible present here myself, I often think about if I was blessed with a great deal of height or money what I'd be doing right at this very moment.

I guess I can always win the lotto
>>
>Poor memory
>Even things last year are hazy
Kinda wish I had a nice past to remember on.
>>
>lament about the past
>have impossible visions of the present and future

JUST
>>
>>24547657
Yeah it's the same thing broski. It's not like I'm fantasizing about what I'm doing 10 years from now. I want it right now but it won't even happen in 50 years. Who wants to work till they're a corpse and retire then anyway? You got no juice left after that :/
>>
>>24547760
Absolutely, my dream is to have grown to at least 6'5 and play a professional sport. I would love to have the lifestyle of a college athlete and fuck multiple girls at a given time.

My girlfriend's sister is dating a pro-athlete and she's just drop dead gorgeous and he treats her like absolute dirt. I would love to be able to dispose of beautiful women like that.

A lot of people will express that you should be happy that which you have but I do not feel personally fulfilled by what I have right now. I want so much more and I can't really work for it, my only hope is to win a ton of money.
>>
>>24547169
OP here. Good luck in going through those movies. I dont know how old you are but even at 18 I'm feeling these feelings. Almost like a midlife crisis of sorts. Maybe that's a sign? Oh well. Best of luck to you.
>>
The world is equal to the child's desire
Who plays with pictures by his nursery fire-
How vast the lamplight seems! How small
When memory's eyes look back, remembering all-

Such is an old tramp wandering in the mire,
Dreaming the paradise of his own desire,
Discovering cities of enchanted sleep'
Where'er the lighy shines on a rubbish heap.

Must we depart? If you can rest, remain;
Part, if you must. Some fly, some cower in vain,
Hoping that time, the grim and eager foe,
Will pass them by; and some run to and fro

Like the Apostles or the Wandering Jew;
Go where they will, the Slayer goes there too!
And there are some, and these are of the wise,
Who die as soon as birth has lit their eyes.
>>
>>24547808
What kind of wretched dreams are those? You could fulfill your fantasies in a brothel or with a knife. What a disparate congregation we are.
>>
My only true happy times of my life i think were before age 12/13.
>>
File: udximFD.png (132 KB, 289x268) Image search: [Google]
udximFD.png
132 KB, 289x268
>>24543405
Fuck my past. Fuck my past on the internet especially. I'm reading through an old forum I was active on from 14-16 and I'm honestly twitching a little from the cringe.

I wrote like an autist and sounded like an autist. I'm posting on an almost legitimately autistic board right now, but this is nothing compared to my past. The stupid arguments I got into, the people I used to talk to, everything is shit. I noticed a post from about a month ago where someone mentioned my name, and he still hates me from the some shit we got into like, 4 years ago. Burying my past, trying to learn lessons and move on is the only shit I can do, else I go insane from cringe and shame.
>>
>>24543405
>tfw I broke & threw away all of my toys and models in an autistic rite of passage when I was like 13

>watching videos like AVGN where he talks about old board games and has a bunch of toys in the background really triggers me

There is no easy answer besides just moving forward and making new memories that you can then look fondly back on in another 20 years.
>>
>>24547909
>Brothel
Paying women is nothing like being desired by the best looking women on Earth.
>>
Try standing outside in the light or becoming physically strong. Write anything in a journal and start some friendships even if they are vague and unfulfilling. That is all a childless man can do; create a memory or a past personal enough to avert suicide. When you are old the light hand of nostalgia will be on it all.
>>
File: fat lip.jpg (90 KB, 490x475) Image search: [Google]
fat lip.jpg
90 KB, 490x475
>>24543405
iktf bro

well except that my childhood & early teens was wall-to-wall shit. I'm actually nostalgic for the time in my life that most anons are in right now. 18-21.

It was all downhill from there

The music especially, this was the time for nu-metal and screamo and pop-punk, late 90s & early 2000s.

>mfw I will never find another qt screamo pop-punk girl at the warped tour, or impress a mallgoth girl on the bus with my sensible black eyeliner & nail polish & edgy marilyn manson t-shirt.
>>
>>24547974
Your dreams aren't wistful anyway.
>>
>>24547808
>6'5
Well I'm nowhere near that either. Best thing you could do is learn to program and make the next shitty dating app like Tinder. I know how to program but now I just need an idea. Being a millionaire > being tall is what I'm guessing.

>I would love to be able to dispose of beautiful women like that.
You, me, and every single male on planet earth, brother.

>A lot of people will express that you should be happy that which you have
Literal bullshit. Notice how only average unsuccessful faggots tell you that shit? Everyone wants more.

>I want so much more and I can't really work for it
Why though? I mean I know I'll never be rich or whatever but is there something preventing you from doing actual work?
>>
>>24543405
I'm stuck in the past and I'm only 18. What the fuck am I doing with my life
12th replay of jak & daxter that's what
>>
>>24548321
>purposelessly replaying the same game over and over
Mein neger.
>>
>>24548257
But a rich short man isn't really desirable, women will fuck him but at the end of the day they're trying to obtain the bread. The guy my girlfriend's sister is dating was Rihanna's man crush Monday on Instagram.

His height and good looks alone are enough to obtain the adoration of women and as a result he's able to run through women I'd have to invest in a relationship with.

Also
>just program and become a millionaire
Come on son
>>
>>24548380
> The guy my girlfriend's sister is dating was Rihanna's man crush Monday on Instagram.
What the hell? Is your sister a celebrity or something or is she just that hot? Post guy and/or sis.

>>just program and become a millionaire
>Come on son
Not saying it will happen, but it's one of the easiest and laziest way to become a millionaire. Even though the chances are almost non-existent, it's not like I spend my time doing better shit.
>>
>>24548380
Also how tall are you?
>>
File: 3794704.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
3794704.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>24548529
She's my girlfriend's sister, my sister is just married to some broke white guy. Her mother just got a reality television show but beyond that she's just gorgeous as fuck
>when you walk on her naked and realize the only reason you're not fucking top tier women such as her is because you're not tall and athletic
>>
>>24548321
OP here, I'm 18 as well. I would replay Spongebob battle for bikini bottom and actually try to beat it for once only if >>24543778
hadn't occured
>>
the past was worse, but at least there was hope. now there are less actively unpleasant things in my life, but it's obvious that my life will never be good or enjoyable. although my childhood and adolescence sucked, at least i could delude myself that life would be worth living in the future, now i know that to be untrue.
>>
>>24548619
>bfbb
Awesome. That's what I played through the night before I went off to college. Great game.
>>
>>24548750
The Movie game was a damn good game as well
>>
>>24548573
Oh well. I don't know how short/unattractive you are but girls are into personality more than guys are. Some guys out there are pretty fat and ugly but are cocky as fuck and get hot chicks all the time. You're probably never gonna fuck Doutzen Kroes or Scarlett Johansson, but maybe you can go for slutty 8s and 9s.
>>
>>24548958
I think you're missing the point entirely. My girlfriend is cute as fuck, looks like her sister, but my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend who is a tall pro-athlete has women like Rihanna COMING TO HIM to fuck him

I want what he has, to be able to smash girls that look like her in every single city without spending a dime.
>>
>>24548958
And as far as personality goes that's bullshit, people have said this guy is an idiot, they just want his dick.
>>
I realized lately that I'm still holding out for the kind of innocent, goofy relationship that girls my age got bored of a decade ago. The only reason I haven't quit my job is because I'm holding out on a girl who works in my building who I haven't even talked to outside of helping her with a printer problem.
>>
>>24543405
I'm the exact opposite, I want to leave my past behind as much as possible. All I can think about is the future and what I'm going to make of my life. I have constant fantasies about burning all my bridges and just hopping on a bus and going as far as I feel like, knowing that my past is truly behind me and I can begin anew. Even if I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>24543405
Getting ready to kill myself on Sunday. Just want to watch a few football games and a basketball game.
>>
>>24549006
Yeah I get it. I wanna fuck famous chicks just because they're famous. I don't mind making some effort, as long as they end up coming home with me voluntarily. Personally I don't need to be a literal chick-magnet who just has to stand there, but I understand that that's exactly what you want.

>>24549032
I think it's mostly his status though. Look at Justin Bieber. He's 5'9 or something and I bet you he wasn't slaying left and right before he got famous. Now that he is, hot teens are lusting after him 24/7. Just saying.
>>
>>24549430
Yeah but tall athletes slay left and right throughout college despite the fact only a very small minority of them will go pro. I'd give my soul for that kind of power
>>
>>24549411
OP here. What's wrong anon?
>>
>>24549044
Good luck with your pursuits anon
>>
>>24549460
>go study biology, medicine, chemistry
>develop some kind of permanent perfume aphrodisiac
>slay hot chicks left and right until your heart gives out

No need to sell your soul. I believe you can do it anon!
>>
>>24549646
might as well just tell me to be myself
>>
File: 1438793873544.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1438793873544.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>Life has improved in quality greatly over the years
>Suffer emotional anguish daily regardless
Don't listen to normies. Desperately climbing the ladder for all of your life is as empty as wallowing in a pool of your own pity.
>>
>>24549663
Either die trying or forget about it. Both ways are shit and you have to just let it go. There's no solution for the likes of us, you'll never be a chick-magnet and I'll never be rich and fuck a qt celebrity.

There. Now I'll go back and jerk it for the 4th time today.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.