[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell are you meant to make friends if you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 0z.gif (220 KB, 500x660) Image search: [Google]
0z.gif
220 KB, 500x660
How the hell are you meant to make friends if you don't go to uni? How are you meant to get over the fact you've wasted the best years of your life?
>>
>wanting friends
Fuck off failed normie faggot
>>
Stop caring, I went go uni and am still friendless. We are robots. We are supposed to be alone.
>>
There are many ways OP.
I've got some people who want to hang out with me from the following places

> Events (that interest you)

Not only music events, metal festivals, raves or the likes. I also mean cosplay events (you can go there as a photographer) video game tournaments and such.

There are people from ages 15 to 35+ in such, and most often they are the "anti-normie" crowd, aka the actually sane people with some 'odd' interests.
Never before had I met so many great people at once and when you befriend some, they will invite you to their own circles.
I simply do not have words how awesome some of these people are. It's like being 10 again and seeing the cool-guy 20 somethings skating and being chick-magnets.

> Volunteer

Sounds cheesy but it works wonders if you want to meet chicks. In real life. Not just via dating sites.
Also you're doing some good deeds, which will make you feel great about yourself - also a big plus for your CV.

> via hobby

Example, I bought a bike and half a year later joined some local biker forums, meetups and such. Got some pretty cool aquitances now.

> Travelling

As long as you don't have a huge baggage with you, like a family or huge loan. Just travel a lot.
It's WAY cheaper than people realize.
Backpacked through 25+ countries couple of years ago and made long-distance friends from the most random places on Earth.

Also you can choose to couchsurf while at it.

> Tinder

Yup. And in times getting friendzoned is even better than having a one night stand.
If you get a long well but dont have the physical attraction, she WILL sooner or later want to hang out if you're chill.
Had it with several girls, there was no spark, but we got to be good friends. And so she introduced me to her social circle. Good way to meet random people.
>>
Thanks anon. This is good advice

>>24542967
>It's WAY cheaper than people realize.
How do you do it on a budget? It seems like a huge ordeal with via and the like also
>>
>>24543340

You sleep in hostels, like other travellers.

Rooms are usually 3-12 beds and one night will cost you $10 ~ $25 bucks.
That includes the use of shower, breakfast, (usually) WiFi too.
You limit your daily budget to 10-15 USD per food, because authentic street food is cheap, fruits are cheap and so on.

Depending on your travel plan you can also buy a tent, sleeping bag and a mattress. Will end up less than $100 bucks and with this, you don't even have to stay in hostels / couchsurf every single day.

Asia is one of the cheapest places to travel. US is the 2nd cheapest.
Western Europe is most expensive - but, it's nothing too extreme.

Instead of travelling via high-speed trains that will cost you $70 USD from one country to another, you take the nightly bus. There are many lines to choose from.

Just a random fact - my 5 month trip costed me around 4k USD in Europe.

Check in to /trv/ for in-depth advice and other traveller stories. They're a helpful bunch.

LonelyPlanet forums and HostelWorld blog are also useful.
>>
>>24542640
>be me
>go to uni
Oh boy this is where my life turns around! Maybe even a gf!
>make 0 friends
>still holding out
>>
File: baldie.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
baldie.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>these are the best years of your life

It gets worse?
>>
Most men make their friends for life in highschool some even earlier if they were all living in the same area.

After high school it becomes immensely difficult. Even Uni friends aren't quite the same tier.

Only girls make their best friends in Uni and that's because the average female friendship lasts like 3 years about the same length of time girls spend at Uni.
>>
>>24542640

>go to uni
>still don't have any friends

it never changes (not for me anyway...)
>>
>tfw no best bros you have known since kindergarten
>>
>>24542967
>tfw i've done all of this minus tinder and i'm still friendless
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>24542640
You aren't meant to do any of those things.
And neither am I.
>>
never went to uni, or college, (britfag). Probably should have looking back. But I likely would have still been alone.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.