[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions & Inquiries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: imnotarobot.png (13 KB, 317x338) Image search: [Google]
imnotarobot.png
13 KB, 317x338
Demi-normie lurker here. (kv, rejected twice, 6/10)
I'm aware of the /r9k/ meme - NEET, no sunlight. What I don't understand is the volume of >tfw no gf in this board.
Do you seriously find it difficult to go outside and pose as a chad, or even just as a normie?
You might consider yourself ugly, but do you ever put any serious long-term effort into looking good or getting fit? I don't believe that a robot, who seriously cares about no gf, has never even tried to make a tinder account.
And of course all the greentext stories involve the "y-you too"s and the perceived inability to identify social interactions. But I think you guys underestimate your own abilities. I can carry a conversation with a girl I don't know for at least a few minutes, and I'm pretty fucking autismal, so surely you guys can get like 30 seconds - enough to practice.
I see a bunch of threads where people post images of 10/10s, and now I don't even know if robots are aware that NOBODY'S going to get a gf like that except maybe some lowlife chads. When you get a gf she won't be a supermodel, I hope I don't actually have to tell you that.
I'm really not trying to be confrontational here, I mean I understand if it's hard to get motivation and/or depression prevents progress. Lord knows I understand.
I'm not telling you to be urself, I'm just telling you that it's summer now, and if you go outside you'll see single decent non-stacies who don't necessarily have to be looking for someone in order for things to work out.
(And don't dismiss a girl because you think you're on higher intellectual ground than her, by the way, because it only makes YOU look desperate.)
Anyway, this will probably be saged as normie-tier bait, but maybe someone will find it more motivating than the dozens of threads about suicide and loneliness.
>>
>>29782194
>"Do you seriously find it difficult to go outside and pose as a chad, or even just as a normie?"
yes
>"You might consider yourself ugly, but do you ever put any serious long-term effort into looking good or getting fit?"
yes, some people are fucked and if you can't accept that find a "faces of /r9k/" thread
>"I don't believe that a robot, who seriously cares about no gf, has never even tried to make a tinder account."
there have been multiple threads talking about this, not gonna go into detail
>"so surely you guys can get like 30 seconds"
no. no we can't. don't bring up your own abilities and say "oh everyone else on the planet must be able to perform to my level of expertise
>"When you get a gf she won't be a supermodel"
no, you don't have to tell us that. go tell the weeaboos who obsess over their waifus that those girls don't exist.
>"I'm not telling you to be urself"
you kind of are, anon
>" if you go outside"
haha nice one
>"(And don't dismiss a girl because you think you're on higher intellectual ground than her, by the way, because it only makes YOU look desperate.)"
>thinking any anon on this board would be in a position to reject a girl
>>
>>29782194
>I'm just telling you that it's summer now
it sure is my friend

memes aside i agree with you, most robots are delusional and narcissistic
>>
Yeah, never mind the girl picture threads, they're bullshit. The extreme misogyny is mostly just venting too. Also we have to chase the normies away from this board. Most of them only come here to laugh at the freaks and bait us.

Most robots are unattractive, socially awkward and unemployed or have a shit job, and probably some mental illnesses too, and some other problems. It's the combination of such things that got us out of the gene pool. Many of us truly are the lowest of the low.
>>
>>29782352
For one, it's not "expertise". Many have the ability naturally, and even those with severe social anxiety can at least IMPROVE their social skills. Confidence is a major factor, which is why I'm trying to stay positive and, God willing, pass on some hope.
However, I understand that some people will naturally look worse than others, but I don't think it's a dead end. I fully accept that some robots have a bigger mountain to climb up - or better put, a bigger rut to climb out of.
And i'm not telling you to be yourself. Refusing to be anything but yourself is demonstrably the problem. But it seems to me that robots don't want to believe that people can change, and I'm betting that this fatalism is exhausting for anyone outside /r9k/ looking in.
>>
>>29782194
you obviously don't suffer social anxiety
I am very well aware it's fucking ridiculous to be this shy, even when I have the chances
but when the opportunity to comes, I just literally can not do it
I cant move, cant speak. a billion negative thoughts come to my mind every second

so there, please go ahead and fix that if it's so simple
>>
OP I understand what you are saying but can I ask what the point of this post is when you claim to be a kv anyway?
>>
How old are you op? Nice optimism but it makes me think you're not older than 18 or so. I'm 21 and haven't held a conversation irl with a girl longer than 30 seconds since I was about 9. If I put the effort in like you say I'd just be a well groomed sperg. For some people it's just too late.
>>
>>29782948
You're right, I'm not diagnosed with social anxiety disorder, and I'm definitely not qualified to treat it.
It didn't take much research to find the various ways that it _is_ treated. And going through the list of potential trigger situations, I absolutely recognized experiencing some level of anxiety in 90% of the cases (public speaking and introductions are common, but also parties, small talk, phone calls, being the center of attention, etc).
The point is, it's not AIDS. Treatments are diverse. Have you taken any medication for social anxiety? If not, it shows that there are true concrete ways to improve. If you have taken some, you can try switching to a different medication or a different treatment method. I believe in you.

I think social anxiety might actually a good way to summarize tfw no gf, or at least it plays a big role. /r9k/'s extreme aversion to self-improvement just frustrates me, I guess, but I'm aware that a big part of that is the widespread depression.

>>29783295
I started some simple exercises a few days ago, to try and improve my body over the summer in preparation for the social scene (read: girls) in university. I'm trying to be more hygenic, too, showering more than once a week. Of course, it's entirely possible that none of this pans out (after all, my parents are yelling for me to get a job), but either way I'm THINKING about trying to better my life. I guess that's what I'm trying to spread around.
>>
>>29783396
Yeah, I was worried that I was going to end up sounding naive. 17 and graduated high school last week.
>>
>>29782194
>>29783440
You call youself a kv but you're only 17 for fuck's sake. You know absolutely nothing about the world or how fucked up some people's lives are. Stop peddling your naive bullshit and do something productive like kys
>>
>>29783440

yeah thought so. I had the same opinions as you did when I was 17. But I'm also a lot lazier so I didn't do anything about it for four years and now I'm basically locked into my fate
>>
>>29783504
I guess I was only able to incite hate in you. I mean I don't blame you, I probably sound pretty oblivious.
I do like to think that I know a bit of how bad a robot's life can be. I'm imagining something like this:
>Been a NEET for 5 years
>can't bring myself to clean up my room in the basement
>mom yells at me that she's ashamed for having me
>can't go back to school because i'd fail again and i'm already hundreds of thousands in debt
>the rare times I go outside, I think about my incredibly awkward high school/uni years and I end up unable to speak to anyone but the cashier
>Crushing loneliness every day, just wish I could be loved by anyone
>My life is fucking hopeless, there is no path out of my circumstance
>Even if there were, I wouldn't be strong enough to follow it
I might not be able to speak from experience for all of these, but I hope I can at least understand your situation and try and support you. The only thing I'm not willing to do is condone the stuff that sometimes goes on here - absolute obsessions with anime, cum (rag|box|jugs|spice rack), the occasional ideation of school shootings, etc.
Either way, I hope things improve.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.