[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she really right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 986x1108) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 986x1108
Is she really right?
>>
Yeah kinda, there's no way around it
>>
People believe this unironically.
I was such a nice kid, and still, I'm nice to everyone. Too nice sometimes, I'm just a really sweet guy.

But things like this anger me so greatly. The fact that it doesn't matter who you are as a person, or what your character is like, but your skin color and sexuality matter.

Most times that I see something like this I boot of a Grand Theft Auto game and I brutally slaughter every black person, gay looking person, woman, and so on. It feels so good to knock them to the ground and pulverize their body with a shotgun, over and over watching them flinch and flail as the life painfully leaves them, especially satisfying considering the opinions I know they hold about me as a white straight male.
>>
>>29763146
>>29763164
Same fagging on /b/ in 2k16 is even more obvious than it was half a decade ago..
>>
>>29763174
>The fact that it doesn't matter who you are as a person, or what your character is like, but your skin color and sexuality matter.

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>29763146
She's referring to playing the victim card if you're white and male.

Since white males are the ones in charge of society (you may call this a patriarchy, but I don't like to use that because it reminds me of church) they're expected to be in power and never be a victim of anything.
>>
>>29763174
CRAWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIN
o
>>
No, she's not right.

North Africans kept white slaves for centuries in Spain.

Many white male children were kidnapped, genitally mutilated, and used as sex slaves for Moorish sailors.

Were they somehow not victims?
>>
>>29763215
yes

but in todays modern age, white slaves aren't really a thing and white people are in charge
>>
What is the context?

If it's a universal statement, then it's obviously ridiculous. It's a logical fallacy to suggest that because white men hold the most positions of power, all white men must therefore be in positions of power.

Over the last 50 years western society has been increasingly focused on individualism, there's a distinct hypocrisy in saying that everyone is in charge of their own fate and then turning around and saying that because you're born white and male therefore you universally have no comprehension of suffering.

Try going to any trailer park shit-hole and suggesting that to the meth head locals, or are they only there after turning their noses up at all those many opportunities to go to law school?
>>
>>29763146
>>29763187
It's usually when particular groups that actually did/do face proper oppression complain and then the straight white guys go "yeah well what about us?????" that i roll my eyes.

Obviously I'm generalising but go to any facebook article about gay pride or black history month or something and the top comment will always be something like that.
>>
According to contemporary social logic, she's absolutely right.
>>
>>29763230

White slavery is very much a thing and primarily caused by Gypsy gangsters targeting the homeless and vulnerable. It happens over much of Europe (including the 'high tier' parts such as the UK, France and Germany) and is a serious problem.
>>
So, basically it comes down to where you are versus who is around you. You can become at the mercy of the larger group in a room as much as you can in the society. That can transcend overall ethnic demographics and cultural norms.
>>
>>29763215
If the descendants of those slaves were forced into a system that actively worked against them (e.g forcing them into shitty neighbourhoods, denying them bank loans, giving them harsher prison sentences) then sure.

But the average European American in the 50s had it way easier than the average African American and to say that the playing field is completely even after only 60 years is a bit ignorant
>>
>>29763270

I'm not the person you just replied to, but today though the overwhelming majority of slaves are Black people.

Nowhere is slavery bigger than in Sub-Saharan Africa.
>>
>>29763253
>proper oppression
This isn't a thong. Take your reductionist power-structure bullshit back to sociology class.
>>
>>29763174
You seem very nice lol.
>>
>>29763187
>they're expected to be in power and never be a victim of anything.
AHHHHHH YES, don't you dare judge a black man based on the statistical tendencies of his group but feel free to conflate all white men with an elite few that hold power!
This kind of hypocritical bullshit is why I will literally never vote for any leftwing party. I don't even consider myself rightwing, just anti-leftwing.
>>
>>29763311
To be fair, I do believe that we lived in a much more colorblind society prior to the social justice movement. I believe that inflamed racial tensions and created more divisive and contrasted atmosphere we live in today.
>>
File: 1460987044591.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1460987044591.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>29763146
Millions of straight white men fell victim to wars, until all those other "oppressed" groups can match those death tolls we still got some credit in the bank. Not to mention that a lot of those straight white men were sent to die, or even signed up voluntarily, to fight for other groups.

Also we need context for that picture
>>
>>29763146
She a woman. She doesn't get to have a say in anything.
>Works both ways.
>>
>>29763187
>Since white males are the ones in charge of society they're expected to be in power and never be a victim of anything.
completely transparent racism and sexism
but, hey, so long as it's only against those under control to not oppose it, what's the harm, right?
>>
>>29763303
I mean being gay in countries like Saudi Arabia is punishable by death. I would've thought that counted as oppression
>>
>>29763146
Honestly I'll take it. If the price for judging people and placing people into groups based on stereotypes is that I, a white male, cant complain then so be it. At least then I can stereotype women to be whores and normies to be assholes.
>>
>>29763360
>if I can't complain that's okay because then I can complain
>>
>>29763375
Really its not that big of a deal. I like to think when the beta uprising happens or something like I get a hold of a bunch of betas and we gain some power then we can finally put those roasties in place.
>>
>>29763349

I think that pressure that's exerted upwards in society brings positive change, but the problem is that people who say shit like this, think that all white people are universally upper-middle class professionals, almost as though no white person could ever be unemployed or mentally ill, have no access to education or be the victim of abuse. This is likely because they themselves are upper middle class professionals and live in a myopic bubble where everything is easy.

It's sad though because they turn what should be a class war into a race war, and excludes the vast majority of the actual white population with it (i.e. the trump voters) those that would otherwise probably be sympathetic if they weren't getting directly attacked for their race.
>>
>>29763350
The Saudis might just be protected their society from corrosive influences. I just can't take anyone seriously if they use a term as emotionally charged as "oppression", and then act like it's the only meaningful type of human relation.
>>
How long ago have whites ACTUALLY been in charge of society? Asians and poo in loo have been at the top of the corporate ladder and earned more than whites for ages now. This white guilt narrative has no basis in reality. Doubly so for white men.
>>
File: 1454484553295.jpg (98 KB, 341x433) Image search: [Google]
1454484553295.jpg
98 KB, 341x433
>>29763146
She is wrong. It is the working class that is economically exploited. Any other opression is meant to divide and neuter the working class from ever fighting back against this exploitation.

Just to jog your memory, economical exploitation is:
>worker is paid less than the value that he creates, the capital owner gets the bulk of profits, instead of rewarding himself/herself for the value that he/she actually added
This arrangement is usually claimed to be fair since the worker actually makes a choice for this, but when the alternative is starvation and homelessness, it is not much of a choice.

How the identity oppression olympics is used to divide the working class is apparent to anyone who understands what is written in The Art of War by Sun Tzu and The Prince by Machiavelli.

Today in neoliberal capitalism, the relationship between labor and fruits of labor and the value added is largely blurred. Thousands of jobs are create to shuffle the monetary flow and channel it. And these jobs are necessary for the capitalists. Why else would they have legions of office rats.

TL;DR: sexism, racism and any other """oppressions""" are meant to neuter and divide the working class to fight each other..

even shorter TL;DR: It's class, not identity.
>>
>>29763429

I would say that since the industrial revolution really took a foot-hold, So about 300 years - as such these concerns are far more anglo-centric, revolving around the US and UK more than anything. I don't think other countries are so neurotically concerned with notions of identity.
>>
File: South-Africa.jpg (72 KB, 707x243) Image search: [Google]
South-Africa.jpg
72 KB, 707x243
>>29763146
>>You're a fucking white male
>>You don't get to be a victim

Says the straight white womyn.
>>
>>29763429
>society
which?
>>
>>29763506
We're clearly talking about murricah. Although now that I think about it the white guilt narrative is just as applicable in western Europe and just as bullshit.
>>
File: 1467791247985.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467791247985.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>29763481
>tell my mom about white genocide in SA
>Well they deserve it for being so mean to those poor negros
This is 100% of Western women today. I talk to her about Rotherham and Cologne and the refugee shit and she agrees with everything I say but then turns around and goes "BUT MUH CHILLUNS, WE GOTS TO HELP THE CHILLUNS" and excuses everything on that basis.
>>
>>29763552
Ask her what about the German chilluns who were getting raped? Are they less important chilluns just cuz they're white chilluns? Also remind her the majority of migrants are men in their 20s.
She seems to have a bad case of the retarded liberal, but maybe you might still get through to her.
>>
>>29763303

>reductionist

This is one of those words that people keep using all the time and it's getting irritating.
>>
>>29763552

Don't turn it into a tit-for-tat racial shit flinging match. You don't win arguments or impress people by blaming refugees or previously oppressed people for acting out. This is why /pol/ is so poisonous, you'll get sucked into regurgitating the same unwinnable argument and it'll just add fuel to the fire of your perceived injustice.
>>
>>29763602
So we should let the refugees do whatever they want because they're 'previously oppressed'? Also whom exactly are Syrians oppressed by?
>>
>>29763576
>>29763602
There's not even an argument though, she just agrees with everything I say and then essentially ignores it. It's like that Hitler quote about arguing with jews.
>>
>>29763584
I should have used the term"reductive " instead. But it's frequent use is a result of it being such a common human tendency.
>>
>>29763625

Where did I say that retard, I said engaging in tit-for-tat arguments about who's worse is not a winnable stance. You're fighting against people's sympathies for those who have suffered. Crime isn't acceptable no matter who it's caused by - and I don't think many people dispute that - just think about what the fuck you're saying.
>>
>>29763146
Is that the black is the new orange show or something?
The target demographic is liberal females and nu-males so It's not surprising shit like this pops up
>>
>>29763350
People arent born gay though.
>>
>>29763719
Do you have a single fact to back that uninteresting shit up?
>>
File: wisdom.jpg (451 KB, 1131x652) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.jpg
451 KB, 1131x652
>>29763552

This has nothing to do with "western women today" but with women in general. Women should have never gotten the right to vote.
>>
>>29763602
Perhaps their acting out only demonstrates that this "oppression"was justified.
>>
>>29763552
Oh yeah principle of collective guilt has worked out well so many times in history.

Otherwise chill if she is just being reactionary.

Maybe putting a Fundamentals of Philosophy by Alexander Spirkin on her nightstand might make her less of a reactionary and more of a proper materialist.
>>
>>29763552
>reports of "dark-skinned men" attacking 13yo boys and girls in public pools increase immediately after "refugees welcome"
>"educated" liberal arts people tell me we need to be more aware of cultural differences and that they just don't know it's wrong

This condescending left-wing attitude is the real racism. These people are adults who are fully aware of what they're doing.
>>
>>29763146
> sleeping alcohol off in my car
> meth head jumps in passenger seat
> puts knife against my ribs, just barely breaks the skin
> goes through my my phone, wallet.
> tells me he'll sell me my car key back to me for $500
> tell him I don't have $500
> show him my bank balance on my phone: $36
> he leaves with my key, presumably to steal my car after I leave
> max out my credit card getting my car towed home.
Tell people this story:
> why didn't you lock your door?
> what did you expect would happen in that neighbourhood?

Whats the story here? Is it only okay to blame the victim if the crime is only minor, like stabbing someone a little bit? or is it okay to blame the victim because I am a white male?
>>
>>29763187
That's retarded because it leaves absolutely no room for nuance or accounting for individual situations.
>>
>>29763338
>wars
>anywhere near the same as systemic oppression
>>
>sweeping generalisations against minorities is rascist
>sweeping generalisations against majorities isn't
Some evem say minorities can't be rascist and whites can't not be rascist.
I frankly don't care, as a white man I actually have more benefits than as a man of color.
How should it hurt me when somebody actually points out that being me is better than being somebody else?
>>
>>29763481
In a later scene she ends up raping him
>>
>>29763836
>drafted to go out and die whether they like it or not
>not as bad as being treated poorly
>>
>>29763800

Why DIDN'T you lock your door, you stupid fuck?
>>
>>29763851
1. Not only white men were drafted
2. Not every man was drafted
>>
>>29763800
It's not entirely okay but would you expect a wild dog to not bite you for example? Or would you rather not face a wild dog?
People always try to deny responsibility as soon as someone else acts irresponsible.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 853x480
>>29763800
>Sleeping in an unlocked car in a bad neighborhood

You should have gotten a Darwin Award
>>
>>29763674
>You're fighting against people's sympathies for those who have suffered
They're wrong in having these sympathies, and our society should have mechanisms in place to prevent them from having any influence.
>>
File: knife fight.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
knife fight.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>29763800
>he didn't have a knife to knife fight it out
>>
>>29763174
nicest guy you'll ever met

and...

twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>29763674
>You don't win arguments or impress people by blaming refugees or previously oppressed people for acting out
That's where you said it you dumb shit. That sentence literally says that anyone labeled as 'oppressed' should not be held accountable for their actions. And then you go on to say that this is because expecting an 'oppressed' person to have agency or personal responsibility is an "unwinnable argument".
If that isn't what you meant, then fucking learn to articulate yourself. Literally nobody that you replied to has said that refugees are the only group that need to be accountable. They are just the only group that currently isn't held accountable because das racis.
>>
>>29763836
>stuck in a muddy trench against your will
>not systemic oppression
>>
>>29764065
You do realize how many people opted into going to war, right?
>>
>>29764065
Systematic oppression is a specific phenomenon. But I'd take most forms of it (especially those that exist in the first world at this very moment) that fighting in WWI.
>>
>>29764085
>You do realize [xxx], right?

This is how you spot em, robots
>>
>>29764134
Spot what?
>>
>>29764134
>em

This is how you spot the redditor.
>>
>>29764182
My Th key is broken
>>
>>29763146
Be a gay white male and life is not as easy
>>
>>29763146
Is she supposed to be in prison?
>>
File: 1460407872341.jpg (8 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1460407872341.jpg
8 KB, 200x199
>>29763146
> Be female
> My profile pic only gets 300 likes, Stacey's gets 400
> tfw systemically oppressed

> Be straight white male
> Kill myself
> "Ummmm, you don't get to be the victim sweetie xD"
>>
>>29763458
It's both you dope
>>
>>29764315
Yes, the joke is that she's a celebrity who holds power over him and is basically a privileged guest at the prison. The image is out of context.
>>
>>29764085
Naturally, you've given no consideration to the forces that encouraged them to.
>>
>>29764444
The thing is though, going to war was a better option than staying in a shit economy
>>
>>29764354
Well in this show nearly everyone is an entitled prick,
I can only think of Crazy Eyes who's not a cunt.
The purpose of this image is being it out of context unless you watch the show.
>>
>>29763952
Kektus
>>
File: 1466271343468.jpg (108 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466271343468.jpg
108 KB, 400x400
>>29763146
>be straight white males
>build pinnacle of civilization
>???
>"gtfo oppressors", "death to all white males"
>civilization decadence
>barbaric times starts again
>"u-uh please come back white males. Can you build it again"?
>>
>>29764522
The "you personally didn't do anything why be proud of your group" police will be here in 3.. 2..
>>
File: Zim.jpg (438 KB, 500x2812) Image search: [Google]
Zim.jpg
438 KB, 500x2812
>>29764522
This actually happens.
>>
>>29764568
>we don't even steal for a living
It makes sense to persecute theft in a society to prevent it. A shame Africa has no societies bare those built by whites and arabs.
>>
>>29764568
>we do not even steal for a living
>there is nothing left to steal
Lmao niggers.
>>
>>29763146
Obviously anyone can be a victim. If buffalo bill kidnaps a straight white man, chains him up in his basement and fucks him in the ass, that straight white man is a victim.

No one "gets to be" a victim. You're not supposed to want to be a victim. The term "victim" has been perverted to mean some kind of elevated status in society. SJWs want to be perpetually treated like one of their relatives has died and get sympathy and help from everyone and they abuse sensitive issues like racism to achieve it.
>>
>>29764674
It sounds like stealing is some sort of urge for a nigger.
Maybe this is where this stereotype came from...
>>
>>29764568
Please don't think this is all of us, some of us black people hate niggers as much as you guys.
>>
>>29763298
To other africans.
>>
>>29765242
Chris Rock already told us. I believed him and I believe you.
>>
Women really fucked up this bid for equality thing by angering the people they need permission from with their entitled attitudes.
>>
>>29764568
HAHAHAHAHA i really really like this image.
>>
Not really.
She even proved that economic class was much more of a factor by pretty much raping Luscheck.
Whiteness is also a debatable term, new people keep getting added to the roster, many Hispanics consider themselves white, and peoples like the Irish and Italian were once considered ethnic.
>>
>>29763349
>completely transparent racism and sexism

>huuuurrr nigggers are chimpimg

>evil jooooeezzz and media control

>little dick chinkz lol

>wymon r whorez 4 black cock what a disgrace to the white race

>I don't want aids from faggots they're gross

>w-w-why are people so mean to straight white males?
>>
>>29763146
>You're a straight, big guy
>You don't get to bring friends
>>
>laugh at the rise of identity politics and millionth wave feminism in the USA for years
>it is now slowly getting mentioned in the media in my europoor country

Fug. pls stop exporting cancer, ameribro's.
>>
File: Cycle of Civilization.png (61 KB, 360x400) Image search: [Google]
Cycle of Civilization.png
61 KB, 360x400
>>29763800

First off, you're a fucktard.

Anyway, it's ok to blame the victim if the victim is a man.

If the victim is a woman, the mental gymnastics come out in full force. Women love to say that they're independent and have agency, but then they love to be infantilized as long as it's to their benefit.

We strive for a world of relative safety and comfort. We strive through wars, hard labor, pestilence and plague to get there. Along the way, we learn what to do to help us get there.

Once we get there, and have a few generations of high tech creature comforts, a surplus of food and clean water, without an economic depression, we begin to forget the struggle and forget what we learned along the way.

Soon, civilization begins to decline because we have forgotten what works. Forgotten what makes a sustainable society. We become deluded with fantasies of equalism, of everyone being the same, of everything being perfect and everyone having everything they want. We forget...or more like outright deny...our biological drives and how to harness and temper them for the sustainable benefit of the majority, particularly in regards to women and men.

Silk slippers and wooden shoes.

Same song and dance since time immemorial.
>>
File: Dr Jordan Peterson.jpg (50 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dr Jordan Peterson.jpg
50 KB, 1920x1080
>>29763146

No.

Dr Jordan Peterson, Professor of Psychology at the University of Toronto:

I don't think that the typical feminist like Hanna Rosen wants equality at all.

First of all, if you look at the very bottom of the dominance hierarchy in western society, the people who are the worst off are men. The ones at the bottom. So there is nothing more lacking -- there is no group of people for whom there is less sympathy than down and out men. Men don't have much sympathy for them and women have -- as far as I can tell -- virtually none. The equality is the only aimed at the top.

Men certainly are very dominant at the top of most professions but it's a very small number of men. It's also a very small number of professions. The equality that's talked about is always the women who are in the middle, getting to the most powerful positions that men occupied has nothing to do, say, with bringing the 30 percent of men or 25 percent of men who are barely clinging to the edge of existence up into some quasi-civilized form of life.

They are just ignored.

There is nothing more contemptible generally speaking than a failed man. And that's not in the conversation at all. And men don't have the power. Some men have the power. And there aren't very many of them. And that's because power is not distributed normally.

---end---

Many of the men who have power actually had to work to get it. Sure, you have your spoiled trust fund babby cunts and nepotism, but the attribution of success to race, sexual orientation and sex is no more than lazy pussies writing off their own butthurt. The idea that being a straight white man precludes one from ever being a victim or done wrong is fundamentally false and impossible.

On another note, Western women in general are undeniably the most privileged class in the world right now, and have been for centuries...mostly thanks to white men.
>>
>>29763187
>implying he's white and not actually jewish
>Suddenly she's an anti-semite

Who converted to a jew here for easy oppression points?
>>
>>29763146
They aren't victims either they are taken care of by the patriarchy.
>>
Were do jews fit in
>>
>>29767649
Im jewish by birth do I get oppression points also!
>>
>>29763146

As a white straight man I have no interest in being a victim. I actually want to be in charge of my own destiny and don't like blaming others for my failures. The biggest problem that white men face it thinking liberals and other cucks argue in good faith. They dont, they only want you for your ability to labor as a slave for their laziness. Because they generally can't produce for themselves. Never take what a woman says seriously, you'll be a lot happier in life.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.