[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad sleep thread or whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: 1466607843748.png (12 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1466607843748.png
12 KB, 246x200
>tfw can't sleep without music because I keep hearing someone calling my name and screaming in my ear when I'm starting to fall asleep
Even if I somehow fall asleep without something buzzing in my ear I wake up because of nightmares.
Anyone else having problem with falling asleep?
>>
File: 1465612892528.jpg (240 KB, 840x585) Image search: [Google]
1465612892528.jpg
240 KB, 840x585
>>29752304
Jesus christ thats terrifying. Have you seen any sort of professional about this?
>>
File: 1467739815894.png (23 KB, 662x967) Image search: [Google]
1467739815894.png
23 KB, 662x967
I've been suffering of chronic insomnia for just about all my life, mainly due to anxiety and breathing issues.

I need to use earplugs, a sleep mask and mild medication all the time. Then I can typically fall asleep in 1-2 hours if I'm lucky.

I then wake up after 4-6 hours because I have an urge to use the bathroom, when I go back to bed I either can't fall asleep or sleep in intervals of one hour or so.

Oh, and if I have work/school the next day, it's impossible for me to actually be asleep when the alarm rings, so I get even worse sleep.

Lately I've been even suffering of mild visual hallucinations when trying to fall asleep, it's seriously creeping me out and making everything worse.

I want to die.
>>
>>29752304 (OP)
That's spooky af my man.
>>
>>29752452
>>29752513
It's only bad when I'm tired or in a bad mood and I don't put on music or don't turn on the fan or whatever. Otherwise I sleep good so I don't really need anything. It's probably because I used to sleep with sounds in the background because I was terribly afraid of the dark to the point where I had to sleep with all the lights on with music playing.
>>
>>29752620
Have you tried sleeping with a white noise generator? That works for me, its the sound if a waterfall with a timer on it.
>>
>>29752304
I'll often be in bed for many hours before I finally fall asleep, it sucks. I get auditory hallucinations too, it usually just sounds like my mom calling for me. I think it happens when I'm really tired, because I always fall asleep soon after they start.
>>
>>29752304
>>29752855
I always thought it would be nice to have hallucinations, so you have someone to talk to, but someone just screaming in your ear or calling to you is a fucking nightmare.
>>
I stare at the ceiling hoping to catch some shuteye but lately it's been getting harder.
and the chance I do somehow fall asleep I wake anyways and spend another 30 minutes - an hour trying to fall asleep again.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.