[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on this site hate Reddit so much? Is it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: reddit-alien.png (47 KB, 736x1024) Image search: [Google]
reddit-alien.png
47 KB, 736x1024
Why do people on this site hate Reddit so much? Is it because their userbase is generally more open-minded and intelligent than you basement dwelling virgin neckbeard losers?
>>
poor bait, newfriend. but atleast you """""""tried"""""", I guess.
>>
people originally hated reddit because SA crossposters, who have a long history of using /b/ as shock troops, forced the meme that reddit was bad, mostly because it wasn't under their control. now it is under their control (SRS), but 4chan is no longer relevant, having been supplanted by twitter and tumblr, so no one has bothered to unforce the meme. personally, I hate reddit because of the goons who run it and make its decisions, because they come from a higher social stratum than I do, and also because they seem dedicated to wiping out places on the internet where I can have a good time,
>>
Just go see r4chan
Every comment there is wannabe ''funny'' shitposting with nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>29739173
Yes, it's because deep down we are all envious of the average redditor's superior intellect and life experience
>>
Dont reply to this thread. Abandon and dont look back
>>
>>29739173
I used the reddit world news section, to read headlines.

I avoid the comments because there are thousands of them below any popular article, whats the point of reading them, they represent nothing. People just post an opinion. It's hard to have a conversation. At least here there are fewer people so you have a conversation with someone.
>>
>>29739206
what's sa
>>
>>29739206
that period was supposed to be a comma. a fun thing to do if you are an uncreative dogfucker and you want to satirize someone without putting in effort is to say what they'd say but put commas where periods go, however that is not what I was doing there.
>>
This one might actually be legit bait. Guessing that from the whole "ur all neckbeards xDDDDD" thing. Commenting to sage.
>>
>>29739173
I don't hate the entirety of Reddit but some of the main subreddits there are cancerous (r/atheism and r/gaming come to mind)
>>
Nice bait. I was so close to typing an actual response.
>>
>>29739231
a dead forum that pivoted from being a hangout for adolescent males with sadistic personality disorder to one for communist women with borderline personality disorder. responsible for pretty much everything that makes the internet shitty.
>>
>>29739173
It's heavily censored.
>>
File: image.png (4 KB, 130x40) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 130x40
Because of the snobby attitude.

>look how progressive we are!
>we believe le evolution unlike Christians
>we want everyone to have healthcare, unlike le evil republicans
.>we know what is best for you despite being 14

Reddit is where dumb people go to be told they are smart.
>>
>>29739173
feel as if they need someone to antagonize. but then again people here antagonize everyone don't they.
>>
They're normalfags and they use this site for le epic meme screenshots. 75% of the userbase are SJWs, nu males, and white knight crusaders. Reddit's similar to 4chan in content but much larger in terms of users so there's a sort of "rivalry", but most Reddit memes are just 4chan memes that got old here months before. Parts of Reddit are basically just 4chan lite though, like thedonald subreddit which is just /pol/ and it gets to the front page constantly.
>>
echo chamber. any dissenting opinion is downvoted and hidden.

at least here you can't avoid other viewpoints
>>
>>29739231
something awful i think
>>
>dogshit layout that makes it hard to follow a conversation
>upvote system encourages people to just make the most safe puns possible and not actually add their opinion
>straight up hides unpopular posts
>extremely hard to have a discussion due to the layout and not having enough upvotes
>results in a community that does nothing but quote movie lines to each other back and fourth

all in all a really shit website
>>
>>29739206

I've never checked out SA, what exactly are goons like and why does everyone hate them?
>>
>>29739173
The endless circlejerks and echo chambers get irritating, 4chan is similar but at the very least you can hold the belief that everything on this website is just satire or a hyperbole of what people actually think so it isn't that bad. Also the removal of nametags means that everyones opinion is equal and you won't be remembered. I take solace in knowing that this comment won't be any more significant than any of the other comments in this thread,board, or website, than any other comment you are going to read.
>>
>>29739173
I don't like reddit because every subreddit turns into an echochamber due to the voting mechanics and the huge amount of power they give to moderators

The only choice you get there is which type of echochamber you prefer

4chan is better because we have to just deal with dissenting opinions instead of silencing each other
>>
>>29740426
i'm on this website so much i can recognize certain anons by their posting style

this is the point where you want to kill yourself
>>
>>29739173

>Why do people on this site hate Reddit so much? Is it because their userbase is generally more open-minded and intelligent than you basement dwelling virgin neckbeard losers?

Well, with that kind of attitude, it's not surprising why. Fuck redditors. You're smug, self-righteous pricks that subsist in an echo chamber.
>>
>>29739173
>open-minded and intelligent

kek at the irony. reddit is basically what happens when literally everyone is a namefag. you're punished for original thought and rewarded for conforming to their hivemind via meaningless, Skinner's box internet points.
>>
>>29740471
Yeah, but you can't "upvote" my comment or tell everyone who I am because of it. You can't stop me from posting my comment. You can recognize me and disagree with my opinions, but that doesn't mean that anyone else on this board will recognize me. The point is that most people on this website won't know who I am, and the very few that will eventually come to notice my typing patterns won't care.
>>
>>29740488
>rather than having a little bit of shit, i'd rather have it all shoved in my face
>>
>>29739173
because you need to ask
>>
>>29739173
OMG you niggers arent even trying to hide the fact you are staging a co-ordinated shit posting offensive on here.
>>
>>29740574
>coordinated
>not just a group of shitposters from a fringe reddit like SRS
>>
File: reddit v 4chan.jpg (219 KB, 1018x554) Image search: [Google]
reddit v 4chan.jpg
219 KB, 1018x554
>>29739173

Popular opinion amongst 20-30 year old numales is king. If you post right-wing opinions on /r/worldnews or /r/news, you will get downvoted and reported to the point where your opinions are so deep down the comments page that you would rarely find someone who actually tries to tackle your arguments.
>>
>>29739173

I use both reddit and 4chan, what does that make me?
>>
>>29739173
The people in the subs generally have no idea what they are talking about. They know things only at shallow surface depth.
>>
File: Reddit the Cuck.png (295 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
Reddit the Cuck.png
295 KB, 800x559
>>29741457

Depends on how you use Reddit. If you use it to try to have interesting discussions and debates, you should kill yourself.

Most here would use Reddit for updates on their specific interests because of the ''karma race'' that occurs when that new information comes out.

Basically Redditors refresh pages on their interests more than people here because they want more upboats.
>>
>>29740347
this.

reddit is the recycled, mainstreamed, normie version of "imageboard culture".
what generates the hate is the fact that reddits userbase is mostly oblivious of this fact.
>>
>>29741512

I use it to browse latest news mostly. I find it more reliable than easy to gather information compared to 4chan.

I don't really like the hive mind though. All the lame puns chain and stupid jokes that get upvoted are kind of off putting.

But I find that only occurs on the popular subs, the lesser known ones are usually better.

As for discussions and debates, I have had pretty good results with both 4chan and reddit.
>>
because they steal our content and then make fun of us
>>
4chinners at least have self-awareness.

ledditors have none.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.