[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OCD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Fkbfa5O.jpg (79 KB, 700x512) Image search: [Google]
Fkbfa5O.jpg
79 KB, 700x512
How do you get over it without drugs? my hand washing shit has gotten really over the top recently. I can be just chilling in bed, touch the cable that is in my latop by accident which parts of have touched the floor, then I have to go wash my hands. Then I come back, touch something else by accident then have to repeat. Sometimes I'll just be laying on the computer using it with one hand because I can't be bothered to get up yet to wash it.

I'm thinking of doing something extreme like lick the carpet and get it over with. My biggest fear is toxoplasmosis even though I don't have a cat, my neighbour came in months ago who has them and it's felt contaminated ever since.
>>
>>29737847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXijzaUxMrs
>>
>Sometimes I'll just be laying on the computer using it with one hand because I can't be bothered to get up yet to wash it

Fuck are you me, I was just doing that.

>My biggest fear is toxoplasmosis even though I don't have a cat, my neighbour came in months ago who has them and it's felt contaminated ever since.

I have two cats, but I keep my room door closed at all times.

I have a ton of obsessions, I can really relate, but sadly I have no idea what to do. I have a fear of taking meds as well, so I'm very fucked to say the least.
>>
I clogged the toilet at my crushes house back in high school. No plunger in sight. I loved her enough that I did what I had to.

I jammed my hand down the toilet and manually dislodged the turd. Nearly vomited. Scrubbed my hands nonstop for at least ten minutes.

But after that the urges lessened significantly.
>>
>>29737870
This is pretty solid but doesn't translate well into my issues which is germphobia based rather than just having to perform certain rituals for the sake of it. Thank you regardless.

>>29737933
I also have a fear of taking meds, I would rather tackle this without the use of them. I used to drink a lot, but then I stopped about 6 months ago and the OCD has been out of control since then. While drinking I still had it, but to a lesser degree.

>Fuck are you me, I was just doing that.
It's crazy isn't it. I could just scratch my crotch then think "well, this hand is off limits now" and for an hour just not use that hand or have it in contact with anything before I findally get up to wash again. If I washed straight away with everything I did I wouldn't be able to chill at the computer.

I'm sorry that you feel this way though, I have no idea how you do it while having cats too.

>>29737985
This is why I was thinking of doing something extreme like just licking the carpet which seems to be my trigger and rubbing my face all over it to see if it was lessen the compulsions, because whatever "conamination" is going to happen would have happened by doing that and there is no going back. It feels like I'm just staving off the inevitable at this point. Thanks for the response.
>>
File: SW1164.png (443 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
SW1164.png
443 KB, 649x649
apparently high doses of inositol are good for OCD. certainly helps my anxiety
>>
exposure therapy. really sucks but it's way more effective than drugs with their horrible side effects
>>
>>29738109
>I could just scratch my crotch then think "well, this hand is off limits now" and for an hour just not use that hand or have it in contact with anything before I findally get up to wash again.

I'm a bit different in that I'm content and fine with MY filth, just other peoples makes me obsessed, also other outside contamainents. My room is a sty, but it's my filth, so it;s fine to me. I can't fucking stand other people being in my room. Yesterday my dad came in and sat on the bed, and I almost went crazy, but I had to contain myself to keep up the illusion.
>>
>>29738216

>Yesterday my dad came in and sat on the bed, and I almost went crazy, but I had to contain myself to keep up the illusion.

I know this all too well. I think mine started when a friend used a public toilet by the beach (those are the worst) and then came back to my place and sat on my bed whilst using my new laptop.
>>
>>29738347
>I know this all too well. I think mine started when a friend used a public toilet by the beach (those are the worst) and then came back to my place and sat on my bed whilst using my new laptop.

Fuck that sounds awful. I have no idea when mine started. Anyway I;m going to bed, good luck senpai, hope you and I both get better.
>>
>>29737847
>OCD hand-washing
Why don't you guys try weaning yourself off of soap/water? Like instead, try replacing it with alcohol wipes.

Remember, no normal person does this, and they are fine. People will clean their hands once in a while, before eating, before touching certain objects, and after touching things covered in dust, oil, excrement, etc. But they don't often clean their hands when picking things up off of the floor of their house.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.