[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody ever had any luck with anti depressants? I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: XkZ3xbQ.png (13 KB, 780x706) Image search: [Google]
XkZ3xbQ.png
13 KB, 780x706
Anybody ever had any luck with anti depressants?

I've been trying to cure my depression by myself, I work a bit less now, workout more often, tried volunteering. But no matter what I do I constantly think about killing myself, I can't even cope anymore, the only reason I get out of bed is because I have to work.

Any tips on what to say to the doctor? I don't know of I should tell tell him about my thoughts because I don't want to get committed to a mental ward.
>>
>>29736912
You sound like me

The feeling never quite goes away, but you feel it way less. I'm on sertroline right now, and I have to say it does get the foundation back under ya. It'll be tough work staying above water but yes medication and therapy provide a base in which things are easier to turn around.

Godspeed anon it sounds like you're on the right track.
>>
>>29736912
About 8 years of off and on depression treatment here.

The only reason they will force you to a hospital is if you have suicidal or violent thoughts. If you don't want to go to a hospital, don't mention those.

Antidepressants even at their best aren't going to make you "holy shit I love life let's go sniff roses and paint sunsets." In my experience what it does is numb the feelings you have so you can deal with the thoughts on their own. You may still think "maybe I should kill myself" for a while but the feelings of hopelessness and dread and being trapped will be much weaker and it doesn't completely take over your mind.

They may not even do that much. Lots of people, especially those with more situational and not chemical depression, don't get any help from them. You might have to try several different pills, nobody really has a good idea how they work yet.

There will probably be side effects from them. For me my dick basically broke (was almost impossible to cum on them) and they gave me indigestion. Small price imo, but it differs.

It's worth trying, anyway. Worst case scenario you try a dozen different pills, none of them work and you die anyway. Nothing to lose really.
>>
File: mission accomplished.jpg (18 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
mission accomplished.jpg
18 KB, 460x259
i've been on meds for almost half of my life. it's been a lot of ups and downs, but i'm at a good point finally with medication. side effects aren't too bad and i'm functioning well enough.

i don't have any words of wisdom. you have to force yourself to think more positively and handle situations better. meds help but won't fix anything.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.