[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/depression/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 2YqKOTz.png (229 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
2YqKOTz.png
229 KB, 1200x807
who else /depressed/ here ?

I plan to have a productive day, waking up early, going to the gym, studying, playing my violin in spare time, reading a psychology book that I somehow couldn't get past the first page for 3 weeks now, do dishes and laundry.

All I do is, wake up , watch couple of videos on youtube , maybe take a shower , make some tea and play dota, go on 4chan and shipost and watch twitch till it's time to sleep again.

I feel like shit, how to get good discipline and stick to my plans ?
>>
>>29720969
I'm usually in the same boat as you OP. Go to bed planning everything I'm going to do the next day, full of motivation. As soon as I wake up I'm so depressed I can't get the motivation to even get out of bed. Things like bathing and eating properly go right out the window, for weeks and months on end all I'll do is sleep, work and browse imageboards.

However, I discussed my issue with my psychologist a couple of weeks ago. He stressed that the best time to get shit done is when you least feel like doing it. So the last week, every time I've felt like fucking dying, I've gone out and done something productive, done chores around the house, talked with my parents, etc.

It's extremely difficult to get started, but once you get momentum it's a lot easier to keep going, and you feel SO MUCH BETTER after doing something. It builds on itself, and sooner or later you're forming better habits and learning discipline.

Maybe you could try just doing one thing a day, no matter how trivial, just to get started. Like taking out the trash or brushing your teeth. Good luck with whatever you choose to do m8.
>>
>>29721174
Thanks buddy, im actually going to study right now.
>>
>>29721174
>but once you get momentum it's a lot easier to keep going

This this this this this.

It's ungodly difficult to take the first step, make no mistake, but my advice is to do something different everyday. Even the smallest fucking thing.

Vacuum your room, clean out your closet, air out your room by opening windows and letting the ceiling fan run before taking a shower, (be sure to close your bedroom door behind you) change your bed and pillow sheets, get into jasmine tea, (incredible herb that helps with depression and anxiety) clean up your computer.

I find that keeping your living space crystal clean is great for giving you that first boost you need to really start branching out and fighting depression. It's not a cure, and believe you me there will be times where you hit a bump and get depressed as shit again, but please, try all this out.

I believe in you, OP and other severely depressed robots.
>>
>>29720969
there are several threads about depression each day on this forum lmao
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.