[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> tfw feel depressed every day > stop trying to become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1457411715119.jpg (63 KB, 564x798) Image search: [Google]
1457411715119.jpg
63 KB, 564x798
> tfw feel depressed every day
> stop trying to become a normie
> enjoy my life as a NEET
. stop feeling sorry for myself and just roll with it
> no depression for over 3 months now

Is acceptance the answer? I just accept that I wont reach anything, I wont have friends or a girlfriend, but I do have the free time. I can read, I can explore the wilderness. I can play games. I can watch the sunset and sunrise. Can walk during the late nights. I can do alot of things. Life isn't so bad. So what that I don't look good or have no social skills. Why should I play catch up to society, If I can enjoy my time with myself?
>>
>>29717729
>Rank theory is the hypothesis that, if an individual is involved in a lengthy fight for dominance in a social group and is clearly losing, then depression causes the individual to back down and accept the submissive role. In doing so, the individual is protected from unnecessary harm. In this way, depression helps maintain a social hierarchy. This theory is a special case of a more general theory derived from the psychic pain hypothesis: that the cognitive response that produces modern-day depression evolved as a mechanism that allows people to assess whether they are in pursuit of an unreachable goal, and if they are, to motivate them to desist.
>>
>>29717761
That's actually interesting. Would like to read more about this.

I do feel that I accepted my role as a failure and I instantly felt alot better. As if all the weight of the world dropped of my shoulders. Living as a complete recluse without interaction with real people has been some of the most relaxing and stress free things i've did in my life.
>>
>>29717761
Damn, that's harsh. The human race is a truly convoluted thing though, and I always empathize more with anyone who drops out of it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.