[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things your ex or significant other does that irks you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Keaton Henson - Birthdays.jpg (174 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
Keaton Henson - Birthdays.jpg
174 KB, 1280x1080
Every month my boyfriend tries to buy at least 1 album that has been released that month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvosjKUKCLo
>>
>>29713224
What's wrong with that? I just ordered two xiu xiu albums.
>>
>>29713268

-it's a waste of money when he can probably just download it. He should at least wait for a price drop or buy albums that were released within the past few years. It's not like there's millions of people racing to buy the newest album of some obscure artist
-he'll impulse an album if he just recognizes the album artist or musician from his youtube recommendations or it has shown up on /mu/
-he doesn't screen an album before buying it so he doesn't know for sure he'll like every song . He'll check the musician's genre, then look up a few songs on Youtube. If he likes at least 1 or 2 songs he'll buy the album
-overall it's pretentious how he's trying to expand his music library and appear WELL VERSED IN THE WORLD OF MODERN MUSIC
>>
>>29713368
Is it physical albums? If it's digital then I don't think it's that good of an idea, but it's his money and albums usually cost less than $10. Plus you sound like some butt hurt roastie that's pissed that he doesn't just listen to the radio like you do. If he likes an artists sound then you'll most likely enjoy any of the artists albums.
>>
>>29713432

He buys physical. He orders them off Amazon and sometimes Amazon provides a digital copy with a purchase.

I'm just indifferent to music and feel like he could be using his money for others things. Even if he can afford to buy an album every month, that stuff adds up and takes up shelf space. I'd prefer he only buy albums he really wants instead impulse buying things he kind of likes.
>>
File: stumped.jpg (7 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
stumped.jpg
7 KB, 251x201
>>29713224
that's sound freaking awesome. I'd love to have a bro that would send me a ton of good music recommendations. All my friends right now either listen to ghetto ass rap or generic pop.
>>
>>29713526
What are some of your hobbies? If he enjoys collecting physical copies of music then you shouldn't really bother him about it. I'm sure you spend more than one vinyl on some stupid petty thing that you consider important.
>>
File: 1432724756686.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>29713526

he can't spend his money on things he wants? do you expect him to spend all his money on you?
>>
>>29713224
i like tom odell though,
i use dto be relaly into his songs
another love & hold me
this new one is okay , wrong crowd is good
>>
>>29713601

Maybe he can use that extra money on things for the house like cleaning supplies, groceries, fixing stuff, replacing stuff, or upgrading stuff.
>>
>>29713661
So you want him to spend more money on you and making your life easier all while giving up something he enjoys? Fuck off roastie
>>
>>29713688

He can still enjoy music without having to buy it kind of like what everyone else does.
>>
>>29713711
But that's illegal. I enjoy owning the large artwork and being able to hold the album.
>>
File: 1416370182369.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1416370182369.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>29713526
>I'm just indifferent to music

Dumb roastie, how can you critique on your bf for trying to expand his horizons and support artists when you don't even listen to music? Haha bet you think a good use for his money is to buy you cosmetics that you saw hot girls on instagram wear or buy you fancy dinners to fill your fat tummy. I would too buy a new record every month if it would help me shut your whore mouth for 45~ minutes at a time.
>>
how do you feel about people that buy digital albums from Bandcamp?
>>
>>29713749

No one gets in trouble for it unless they're distributing it or they get it from a bad source.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.