[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happens when you die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1463720123989.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
1463720123989.gif
2 MB, 480x481
What the fuck happens when you die?
>>
>>29706145
it's the same as before you were born
>>
>>29706187
This does not satisfy me. If time is infinite, my consciousness will certainly arise elsewhere.
>>
I know that the elements of my body will return to the Earth. But what of my consciousness? My identity? That is to say - what of ME? I suspect it will end. That there is no next world. Nor a return to this one. It will simply be done. Forever.

Our lives are so brief and unimportant. The cosmos cares nothing for us. For what we've done; Had we wrought evil instead of good. . None of it would have mattered. There is no counting. No reckoning. No final judgement. There is simply silence. And darkness. Utter and absolute... And so I have begun to wonder - might there not be a way to stop - or at least delay death's embrace?
>>
>>29706187

My question is, if you've spawned from oblivion before and you go back when you die, can you come back out again?
>>
>>29706203
time is not infinite, it coincides with the lifespan of the universe
>>
>>29706224
"You" is a sum of your experiences. You won't be you if you aren't living your life. You may come back out for all we know in a cyclical universe with set laws of physics, but you won't come out as anything else.
>>
>>29706145
Ever had a blank dream where there's nothingness but you're not aware until you wake up? Kinda like that I imagine
>>
>>29706224
no, your consciousness is spawned from the neurons in your brain. when you die, your brain dies, and everything that makes you what you are dies with it. even if reincarnation is somehow real (protip: it isn't), the entity you return as would not be you.
>>
>>29706254

How can you know for sure? And, how can you know time is linear?

I don't think we're all traveling across "time" like it's some finite amusement park ride. I don't think it's that simple.
>>
>>29706145

benis in soul
>>
>>29706203
No, it won't. Get over it faggot
>>
Same thing as what happens to a crab when it dies.

Go to sleep, and never wake up. Wake up without ever having gone to sleep.
>>
>>29706366
Somehow, I don't think you're an expert on death.
>>
You're asking a bunch of manchildren about death, don't expect serious answers
>>
File: 1301465957746.png (37 KB, 630x507) Image search: [Google]
1301465957746.png
37 KB, 630x507
>>29706313
time is an anomaly. the entire universe was a mistake. we existed as peaceful pure energy, but for whatever reason that energy exploded into the known universe. and it is slowly contracting back into its eventual death. there may have been other anomalies like this before, and there may be more in the future. we just don't know.

if you are interested in this subject I suggest watching videos on quantum theory, multiverse theory, string theory, Newtonian time theory, and Kant time theory.
>>
>>29706452
i hate thinking about this shit, makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>29706486
it used to make me uncomfortable too, but eventually you stop caring about it.

just be thankful that you exist as a human and not a fly buzzing around a pile of shit.
>>
If you haven't shot an animal and watch blood pour out of a hole and literally see the life drain out of it's eyes as they go from full of life and looking around to faded and empty, you don't know shit about death.
>>
>>29706452
By contracting do you mean the "Big Crunch"? Cause I thought it was thought that we were more likely to get the "Big Rip" or just heat death.
>>
>>29706526

>that you exist as a human
>you

there is no "you" separate from your current form
>>
>>29706145
You stop breathing for starters
>>
>>29706534
there are many different theories on how the universe will die, but we do have solid evidence that the universe is shrinking.
>>29706545
i mean, we can argue about what it means to exist and to be cognisant, but I'm a bit of a pessimist and I really think that our consciousness is just the end result of our neural matter, and nothing more. I don't believe in a "soul" or anything like that.
>>
File: 1465562594742.jpg (60 KB, 480x813) Image search: [Google]
1465562594742.jpg
60 KB, 480x813
>>29706145
"You" are only memories of the past. If you die there is no guarantee you will be dead forever seeing as you are here now after being gone for billions of years. Death doesn't scare me though because I believe we have to comeback eventually, because if there is nothingness while you are dead you couldn't percieve it anyways you won't be conscious but eventually you would have to be something rather then nothing.
>>
>>29706613
I had heard there was solid evidence that the universe was not only expanding, but that the expansion was accelerating, and that was why "Dark Energy" was theorized to exist.
>>
File: 1463854979937.png (167 KB, 652x422) Image search: [Google]
1463854979937.png
167 KB, 652x422
>>29706145
If the Universe wants us to die rather then live forever it's no accident, there is probably a reason behind it but we won't see till we actually die, I have been into philosophy for a couple years and wonder these type of questions daily.
>>
File: 1466794213527.gif (48 KB, 2034x1491) Image search: [Google]
1466794213527.gif
48 KB, 2034x1491
>>29706145
You can't know. No one knows.

Now stop posting these threads.

In these threads you will always find two types of people
First one is the ones who hate life so much they would rather want to spend an eternity in darkness and the other is people who are so afraid of death and losing everything they make up shit.

It's literally the same shit every fucking thread. You will never find the answer you're looking for because no one fucking knows except the ones who are dead.

If you wanna know so bad find out yourself.
>>
sometimes i think i'm in a game, a simulation or something maybe age isn't real maybe i will live forever, i have never died i only have memories of being alive, it's all pretty strange when you overthink it
>>
>>29706780
This /thread
No one can know unless they experience it everyone here is only sharing the conclusion they came to but this means nothing. And anyone who says they know what happens after death is only fooling themselves.
>>
>>29706780
>dat comic
nice trigger discipline :^)
>>
>>29706755
>If the Universe wants
the universe doesn't want anything. the universe is indifferent.
>>
I died once, went to the after life. It's so fucking stupid, everybody's wailing and screaming and nobody knows how to turn down the heating.
>>
>>29706452
>we existed as peaceful pure energy

What did he mean by that?
>>
>>29707112
He probably meant all of existence was in a singularity before space-time expanded rapidly in the big bang.
>>
File: 396646.jpg (31 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
396646.jpg
31 KB, 600x476
>>29706927
It is wrong to consider that the Universe wants anything because I'm attributing human desires but it's also wrong to consider that it doesn't have a reason for the process of life
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.