[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /scaredofemotionalpeople/ here? I've always been overly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: 1467489055533.jpg (64 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
1467489055533.jpg
64 KB, 720x552
Who /scaredofemotionalpeople/ here?

I've always been overly polite
and respectful to people but in all honesty I do this because I'm constantly scared of dealing with people's emotions, especially when it comes to people that are more temperamental.

My politeness is superficial, and is only there because it creates a path of least resistance, since people usually respond to you in kind when you're polite, and generally are more inclined to get along better with you.

I like passive people the most because they're like a blank slate, with almost no hopes or dreams of their own. These are the people I get along with best because the interactions between them and I are predictable and to the point.

I get along with all of my coworkers except one who has outbursts frequently. I never know how to deal with him when he short circuits out of nowhere, so I kind of just look at him dumbfounded when he flips out because I don't know what to do about it.

I feel my nervousness climb 10 fold when he's around. I dont even like dealing with him when he's in a good mood because its indicative that hes also more prone to outburts later on in the day, which bothers me.

I'm currently in the first stages of my plan to get him fired. It's going to be tough because he's a union member and all, but fortunately one of his vengeful exs gave me some very interesting information about stuff in his past, so there's that.

It sounds kind of grimey but I think my productivity at work would go up, so that's another bonus.

Any other robots want to vent similar feels?
>>
>>29690236
I'm not really scared of them, I'm scared of myself because I'm somewhat emotional.
>>
Maybe you're like me and afraid of confrontation and conflict. I'm overly polite because i usually try to avoid situations that might cause it.
>>
File: 1460293697386.png (247 KB, 488x634) Image search: [Google]
1460293697386.png
247 KB, 488x634
>>29690334
Do you not like dealing with your own emotions well?

>>29690369
You're probably right anon.

I'd rather not deal with situations where conflicts arise because of how people might or might not act, due to their emotional state.

I never liked how most people tend to display and communicate their emotions in a work environment. Being an overly emotional worker could potentially hinder relations with fellow employees.

I understand that maybe the individual is going through a lot in life at the moment and wants to let it all out to someone, but work isn't the place for that, you know?
>>
Is anyone else a fucking Satanist here? I know OP is.
>>
File: 1460303840545.png (287 KB, 723x664) Image search: [Google]
1460303840545.png
287 KB, 723x664
>>29690568
OP here

this anon is right. Join us and you'll even get a sweet ass guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=haUeC9OuKVo

>>29690573
>I don't think there are any words any stranger can say to get me out of this.

Yeah that's how I feel too man. It's like it's rooted in my subconscious. It gets annoying since it takes effort to always be polite.
>>
>>29690236
I FOUND MY PEOPLE
>>
File: 1460303336980.png (153 KB, 400x457) Image search: [Google]
1460303336980.png
153 KB, 400x457
>>29690809
Come stay awhile friend, not many bumps are coming in for this thread it seems.
>>
>>29690504
I have opened up to coworkers about more private things but only because we've gotten close. I used to think that coworkers were best kept as coworkers, but when you're at your job more than home, with your family, it makes sense to me that you might eventually become close friends. Just me, though
>>
>>29690946
>not many bumps are coming in for this thread it seems.
Don't say that senpai! :c
>>
File: 1460299213457.gif (138 KB, 348x501) Image search: [Google]
1460299213457.gif
138 KB, 348x501
>>29690951
That's totally fine, It's good for you that you found someone to share that kind of stuff with and that you wish to do so.

I don't feel like I can let anyone that close, especially not with coworkers. Personally, I just want to do my job and go home without having to worry about other people's emotional baggage. Just kind of saps the energy away from me.

>>29691031
Thank you very much for that original post of yours. It really helps! :)
>>
>>29690504
Do you not like dealing with your own emotions well?

I don't. I would deal with them but they're there in the first place because of stuff I can't control.
>>
>>29691543
Forgot the >

>try to delete post
>"something went wrong"

fuck
>>
yeah I know what you mean

people were raised to be courteous and polite not to be "fake" or a "tool" but because it keeps society together. it like that group in an MMO that immediately knows their role without saying anything instead of fucking talking about everything and holding everyone up for their socialization. This is why I don't like the decline of Christianity in the West. It really fucked things up for people before you'd at least have some idea of how good people would be and lines they won't cross. Now everyone is a fucking backstabbing sociopath ready to emotionally and socially blow up on each other.

Best of luck to you getting rid of the loud normie.
>>
>>29690236

Is OPs name Solomon by any chance?
>>
File: 1407379725380.jpg (22 KB, 431x314) Image search: [Google]
1407379725380.jpg
22 KB, 431x314
>>29690236
right here m8
>>
File: OAG.jpg (23 KB, 519x390) Image search: [Google]
OAG.jpg
23 KB, 519x390
>>29690236
agree with all of this

there's a guy at my job. when he's happy, he's very loud and talks in short quick bursts. basically a human air horn. he's probably the nicest guy ever. but i can hear him all the way across a 50-yard long room sometimes. and when he's in my vicinity, i can just feel my neck muscles tighten in irritation. there are 2-3 female versions of him too. ugh.

it fucking sucks because there's no way to just slap them with a noise violation. just tell them to shut up, or fire them if they don't. we have to all just sit and take it. granted, it only happens 1-2 times a day, if at all. and i think some of their peers (the other supervisors) have indicated that they need to tone it down.

most importantly. i like when people are polite and professional because i HATE feeling like i'm being "picked at." (granted, some of that is just me being a robot, weirded out by normal questions.) in my real life, if i feel a slimy snakefuck vibe on someone, i just cut all contact with them. but at work, you have to be around people like that. and i don't know how to mindgame them back. and i refuse to just take it like some coworkers do. so i blow up. not in a bad way. but i make obvious, thinly veiled insults about their appearance, clothing, lifestyle, and how i don't respect them. thankfully, it usually works. people already know who the instigators are and they know that i'm a good worker at my job, so it's understood "ok, leave anon alone, he's cool."

i hate when people try to turn an already shitty experience into a fucking middle school bus ride. in the name of "fun." anyway. kinda off-topic of OP, but also kinda related maybe. like why should everyone else suffer and be uncomfortable because you (normies) feel like it's not "fun" enough.

but idk. i'm genuinely 50/50. i'm disgusted by people who have no self-control, and yell, and laugh too loud because mai amoshunz. but i also have been backstabbed almost exclusively by "polite" two-faced people.
>>
>>29691812
Not even close, but good try anyway

>>29691837
you kno

>>29692097
Exactly. Please just let me do my job, I'm not that interested in what you did on the weekend.
>>
>>29690236
It's hard to get things done with emotional people once they make an outburst, they become irrational.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.