[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /scaredfortheirfuture/ here? I'm really needing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1466509706534.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1466509706534.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
Who else /scaredfortheirfuture/ here?

I'm really needing guidance on my path in life. I'm really scared of going into college. I want to go into STEM but I'm poor as shit. I also really doubt my skills, but I guess I'm above average intellectually. I feel like electrical/civic engineering will kick my ass, any suggestions on what are """""easy""""" STEM fields?
>>
Bio seems to be a softer stem

That being said, 70% of people don't get jobs in their major, stem is useless unless you go PhD. Then it's just "oh you have a bachelors in science, I suck at that so you must be smart, want to work here"

I'm terrified of my future. I need to get into shape, I'm about 40lbs overweight and I want to be a cop. Worst case I guess I'll join the military.
>>
from what i rememberbio is a lot of memorization, which i'm sure you know by now whether you like or not.
if you don't like to memorize tons of shit, go for one of the others. there will be a lot less of straight up memorize these 10 pages of shit.
lots of scholarships out there bub, literal free money. you'd be surprised how much you can get from em if you put in some effort.
also, first year is fucked. buckle up immediately. they are trying to weed you out but if you make it through you'll have (hopefully) learned how to push yourself hard enough to survive the rest of the years.
also, go for a co op. experience and money
>>
>>29672287
I tried to to a Masters, that shit is no joke. If you're worried about not completing a Bachelor's, don't sign up for it.

But this anon is also correct in that you will not usually find a job in your exact field and will need to be trained to do something regardless. So, as long your studies are considered somewhat difficult, people will see you as able to learn quickly.

Take heed: once you graduate, though, the time is ticking to find work. You must talk to everyone, apply everywhere. Otherwise, in a year, you'll be competing with next year's graduates and will come out on the bottom of that unless you can show that you've somehow used your time effectively.

That being said, new grads are always somewhat employable since they work cheaply and are eager. So, unless you're an in-demand sort, don't worry so much about your starting salary, work hard at your first job, and make a good first impression.

Once you're "in" somewhere, though, don't rely to heavily on the company. The temptation will be there to spend more freely, but you have to build a nest egg in case of layoffs or other problems. Get used to saving large portions of your salary.

Be assertive, friendly, and positive and you'll do well. HTH.
>>
>>29672013

no such thing as a life plan really. 'get a life' and things work out for you. you probably don't have a life, just the activity caused by residual stimulation of past events.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.