[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post stuff about your experiences with therapists / psychologists.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: r.png (2 MB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
r.png
2 MB, 1065x902
Post stuff about your experiences with therapists / psychologists. What it was like, any consistency between doctors, what was good/bad; just anything really. I'm currently seeing a psychologist weekly and this is the only one i've stuck with so I'm curious what /r9k/ has to share.
>>
File: 1440475670754.jpg (65 KB, 480x621) Image search: [Google]
1440475670754.jpg
65 KB, 480x621
>>29665582
For a psychologist/therapist, if its not working out, ditch them and get them to refer you to someone else. Do it sooner rather than later; I wouldn't even "give it one more session" if you've got the gut feeling that it's not a good match.

inb4 "hurr durr das sexiss/"FEMBOTS DON' T EXIST REEEE" etc., absolutely avoid female therapists if you're male. They 100% cannot relate to men's problems the way a male therapist can. Don't waste your time or money; get what works for you. I've seen six total; 4 women, 2 men. Of those 6 only one male therapist was worth a damn.

For a psychiatrist/medical doctor it's a bit different, seeing as they're probably at lot harder to come by, especially if you're in a country with socialized medicene (pic related Happy Dominion Day). Their main role is to dish out the pills/monitor your medications and refer you to other medical tests (physical, bloodwork to rule out nutrient deficiencies etc.). Go for a dopaminergic antidepressent (Wellbutrin etc.) as a firstline unless you're bipolar/have other medical conditions.
And if the pills you're taking break your dick, tell them.
>>
psychologists are pointless, it's a money hog.
psychiatrist are just like first one except they take shit load of your money and write you prescription for anxiety drugs.
>>
i went to one therapist when i was a young teen, i was forced to go

she kept giving me all these half assed corny assignments that seemed like they were meant for 7 year old kids that i never bothered doing. i hated going there and didn't want to be there. at some point after like 2 months i just sat in her office completely silent for the entire session, and she just went about her business like i wasn't even there and started doing paperwork. after that i never went back.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.