[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you supposed to look the people you pass on the street in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: stephen_wright_05_470x406.jpg (52 KB, 470x406) Image search: [Google]
stephen_wright_05_470x406.jpg
52 KB, 470x406
Are you supposed to look the people you pass on the street in the eyes or something? My autism makes me always look on the ground, straight ahead or somewhere distant, but I get the feeling people are watching at me all the time. It can be because I'm pretty ugly, but then would they rather not look at me? Maybe I even passed some qt girl that was checking me out or something because I didn't return their look? I don't understand those normie rituals.
>>
I try to seem interested with something other then them- which ends up looking as forced as it feels.
I don't think there is a 'right way'. A lot of normies will stay glancing at someone, while others will just look ahead like they are not even there.
>>
>>29656730

Strange but over the last few weeks this has been bothering me, hadn't thought about it before then though

>walking to work
>guy down the street
>about my age
>little bit shorter
>not going to be the first to look away
>keep looking strait ahead
>see him look at me
>as hes passing i glance at him
>he fucking turns his head to look at me aggressively
>keep walking

I couldnt look down or away and let him win
>>
I always do it to old people (40+), but never to people around my age or younger, because they never reciprocate
>>
>>29656730
You clearly know the answer, faggot. Stop trying to be "le socially awkward special snowflake xDDDDD".
>>
I look deranged and scare most people so I don't even try anymore
>>
>>29656956
>9656956
BUT WHAT DOES IT even MEAN
>>
File: smartleerypepe.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
smartleerypepe.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
not in the city OPchan, you look down , else the bumbs will holler for wants and needs
>>
>>29656730
i work in a place where it gets crowded with people i have to walk by a lot of them often and i look straight or in the distance unless i know them and want to say hi i dont think thats autistic behavior but if they are talking to you and you can't make eye contact then you're on the spectrum
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.