[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robotic parents anyone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1463953623210.jpg (15 KB, 252x245) Image search: [Google]
1463953623210.jpg
15 KB, 252x245
Are your parents robots? I think my mother is because she hates going out, browses random forums but never writes anything and is ignoring me for all my life which caused lot of trouble.

She's lucky enough to have my father who is making a lot of money so she can stay home for the rest of her life. I kinda envy her.

She always made me stop doing my hobbies because she had to socialize with other people's parents and she hated that.

Are any of your parents robots too?
>>
No my parents are extremely extroverted normies, which is far far worse.
>>
>>29650100
i suspect my mother is mildly autistic.

i wouldn't call her a robot because she's always gone out, worked and tried to have a life but here's why i say that:
1) she has had no real friends during my lifetime and most of the past friends she's told me about were pretty much mean assholes who used her to feel better about themselves.
2) she wants to make friends but is too blunt and socially awkward to really be successful at it
3) she lacks empathy severely, can only see something from my point of view if i spend ten minutes explaining why i feel that way and even then she barely gets it
4) she likes reading, including science fiction and tells me that it's because she can get wrapped up in the characters' lives and she thinks about that when she wants to relax
5) she's told me that one time when she was a kid she sat inside reading and then looked outside and thought "i should be out there instead of in here, shouldn't i" and went outside to play with them.
6) she never really does makeup, clothes, jewelry or hairstyles and chooses to have her hair cut very short, i assume because it's easier.
7) she never picks up on people thinking she's weird or obnoxious but she's paranoid about things that aren't really indicative of that, and obsesses about it
8) she stays at home playing the same game on her computer most of the time. sometimes she goes to meetups but never manages to get people to spend time with her outside of them.
9) her mind makes weird connections so conversations are hard to follow unless you know how she thinks
10) she doesn't really like being touched, was never particularly huggy with me as a child but she also doesn't understand personal space very well

i feel bad for her because she just doesn't know how to play the game. it also really fucked with my own development because although i learned to be a shy version of normie on my own, i never fit in, felt like people would think there was something wrong with me and that fucked me up.
>>
>>29650426
well it sounds like it
>>
>>29650100
Yeah my dad almost always stays in his house. He acts a bit crazy, always has been paranoid about everything, and avoids socializing (and isn't great at it, closed minded and rude). He was the only one who raised me most of my life, as an only child. I think it fucked me up.
>>
>>29650426
My mom is almost the same. But the jewerly part. She spends all her time online looking for parfumes and clothes.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>29650426

What computer game does she play?
>>
My dad is a former skinhead, and you can tell. He's completely socially inept. He can't tolerate being around people. If they inconvenience him at all he'll shout at them or bump into them. Really embarrassing to be around. Also hasn't had a woman since he and mom split up like 15 years ago.
>>
Since retiring my dad just browses fishing and motorbike forums, films GoPro stuff on his bike, fishes with his brother and plays Far Cry and Stalker.

My mam has had exactly one friend for as long as I've been alive.

My younger brother is full NEET. He's waiting to hear back that he's failed his final exams at uni, sleeps during the day, and stays up all night streaming himself playing shitty Day Z style video games.

It runs in the family. I went to uni, did well, got a good job and moved out, but I'm still a total hermit outside of work. Run out the door at 5pm each day then spend all night playing video games and watching films, in my pitch black flat with cardboard taped over the windows to keep the light out.
>>
File: bztss1.jpg (23 KB, 334x452) Image search: [Google]
bztss1.jpg
23 KB, 334x452
>>29650540
nothing interesting but i don't know the exact name. one of those games that's like pic related except it's slightly better graphics. she cycles through them. she plays one constantly for like a a few months/a year then finds a new equally repetitive game to play. i've tried to convince her to play something more fun and interesting but she just won't do it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (56 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
56 KB, 620x800
>>29650426
your mom seriously sounds so cute. 10/10 would waifu. How is your dad like?
>>
My dad is kinda educated in many areas, tho unemployed af. He has about two friends mb, but really is an assburger when at home. And he's at home, like, all the time. Scrolling the internet and sometimes posting shit, watching series, wasting money on stuffs for himself without earning a piece.
My mom has quite boring life too, i think
That's so annoying. And i do all the same way apparently
>>
>>29650674
how does your parents interact with one another, are they close? How are your interactions with them?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, im just so curious.
>>
>>29650645
i bet she would be happy to hear that. i'm happy to hear it because people don't generally like her and it constantly reminds me of how unfair life can be. however, she's also out of her mind and kind of helped ruin my life.

well my dad is relatively normal compared to my mom. he's smarter than everyone else in his family but still ended up doing a bluecollar job because that's what his dad and brothers did. he started drinking when he was in his early teens and he said that a big reason was some bad social anxiety. he was an alcoholic when he met my mother but he got sober a few years after i was born. that's basically when they split up for good, though he did stay in my life pretty regularly. he plays the normal person game and everyone who knows him always says he's a nice guy but he's struggled with really bad depression for years. he sometimes goes hermit because of it and doesn't take very good care of himself.
>>
My farther was a wizard. Mother was more of a normie.
>>
My Dad isn't into any manly hobbies like cars, sports, fishing, etc. He watches Dancing with The Stars and other gay shit. He still dresses like it's the 80s and he literally waves to everyone when he's out in public. He's an embarrassment. My Mom was a Stacy. I have no idea how they got together and had 2 kids.
>>
>>29650834
I understand what she's going through because that used to be my phase. I was forced out of it due to responsibility and obligations. So if i were to have met your mom, I probably would find it amusing, and probably be pals with your mom even if she had trouble adapting to social situations.
You seem like a nice person, what are you doing now?
>>
>>29650697
Mom deals with him and sometimes i can't understand why and how, because dad acts really weird when acts at all. They do talk with each other, mostly like, "how boring the work was" or "what a funny pic i found".
Yet i'd say they do look mostly nice and okay then they're out.
Dad's weirdness is his instable mood. It's cured by putting him in front of PC and keeping there alone with food.

I do talk to them, not much actually, like, not about feels and stuff, just to show i remember how to talk.

It seems like everyone just sits in own corner doing things by self (tv and web, sleeping - not much of activity, i know).
>>
>>29650100
my mom hasn't worked since she married my dad nearly 30 years ago. she barely leaves the house. the only time she ever talked about friends was weird people in hs making fun of her.

my dad has only had 2 jobs and doesn't know how to talk to people. he just shuts down when my mom yells at him. the only friend he's ever had was his cousin as a kid.

they homeschooled me and kept me away from other kids so i wouldn't turn out normal because they hate normal people. they always talked with excitement about the rapture or y2k when the world would end. eventually they stopped talking to each other because they can't stand each other. they don't know how to take care of things they buy and leave clothes and stuff lying around the house. litter boxes rarely get cleaned and there's always bags of garbage sitting outside the door when i stop by. i always wind up cleaning when i'm there.

they're disappointed in me. sometimes i talk to them about movies because that's the only any of us have to say about anything.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.