[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots take the bus on the regular? How is it? I have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 169x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 169x208
Any robots take the bus on the regular? How is it?

I have to start riding the bus about 30 miles round trip 5 days a week and I'm scared I'm gonna get mugged or some shit.
>>
>>29649537
It was okay as long as the ride wasn't long. Plenty of wackos, but as long as you don't look at people you'll be fine. If someone says something to you, awknowledge their presence, but DON'T I repeat DON'T actually try to start a conversation with them. Oh and don't be a jackass about seats, don't leave your backpack in the seat next to you unless you want to piss people off or even have them try to throw it across the bus. The only exception is if the bus isn't full, in which case you don't have to worry as people won't want to sit next to you anyway. Actually they might not want to even if the bus is full, that's happened to me a lot.
>>
>>29649537
Yeah I only use the bus. Never drove. I don't know how it is in your city, but in Seattle it's fairly safe. From time to time you see a crazy/intoxicated person but if they get out of hand the bus driver handles it. I've never been harassed or anything.
>>
nobody is going to mug you on the fucking bus you pussy, people just want to get where they're going. an enclosed space packed full of people where everything is on camera and the driver can easily call the police, what the FUCK makes you think that's a good place for legitimate crime? only homeless people and other similar such deadbeats start shit on a bus, and they're all old, malnourished, and mentally ill so they shouldn't pose much of a threat even to your average limpwristed robot.
>>
>>29649537
I seriously dont get why public transit is looked down upon so much by burgerfats. Seriously, im sure there are some ghetto areas and busses that smell like piss, but SO much of the world uses transit. In the US you apparently feel like a fucking leper...
>>
>>29649697
A bus that runs near me had to actually have a duo of beefed up police officers travel on it every single trip in the back
Yeah the bus driver can call the cops but unless they're physically there to handle the situation at that moment you're fucked.
>>
>>29649711
Because mass transit in America is pretty much only used by lepers, weirdos, drugees, and people that have no respect for public property.
>>
>>29649711
they're all fat retards who want to waddle out to their driveway and then waddle up to the door of chilis and usually, taking public transportation means you have to walk about five minutes, which they can't handle.
>>
>>29649711
Because very few cities have public transit that is actually efficient, so in most cases it is literally more convenient to use a car. So then the only people left not using a car and using public transit are impoverished niggers and such and that's where the stigma comes from.

Basically if your city doesn't have a good metro or light rail system, and only the large ones do, you will literally have an easier time taking a car to wherever you're going since our highway system is extensive and fairly convenient. Bus systems suck absolute cock and are the most notoriously degenerate form of public transit.
>>
File: 1467353477584.jpg (10 KB, 373x373) Image search: [Google]
1467353477584.jpg
10 KB, 373x373
>>29649537

I ride a couple buses to get to school (community college, I'm a cuck). Two hours there, two hours back. I usually just nap or something and try not to interact with anyone.

Maybe I'm a naive idiot but I'm not really scared of the bums or crazy people, especially when there's tons of other people around.

Protip: Dress like shit and look poor to avoid mugging
>>
>>29649711
have you ridden public transport in burgerland? it's full of shit people. I'm afraid to sit down on the chairs because everything and everyone look so grimy.

only places that public transport is somewhat acceptable is in bay area and new york
>>
File: 1467345122834.jpg (6 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
1467345122834.jpg
6 KB, 241x209
>>29649857

Exactly this. I'm >>29649880 and it takes 20-30 minutes to get to said school by car. Two hours by bus. Fucking terrible system, mostly ghetto nigs/spics/white trash, elders who can't drive too well anymore, or homeless people are riding the bus in most of the U.S.
>>
File: 1465103128091s.jpg (5 KB, 191x250) Image search: [Google]
1465103128091s.jpg
5 KB, 191x250
>tfw YOU were the one who had a spergfit on a bus
>>
Can any ausfags here help me with how to catch bus? I did it one time and I fucked up and I just spaghetti'd like a shit cunt. Do I need exact change? Does the price depend on where I am going? Assume I don't have one of those handy cards.
>>
>>29650028
Which city cunt? I lived in Melbourne for a while.
>>
>>29650058
Rural Australia most of my life so I have never needed to catch a bus (since there aren't any going out here). But I fear that one day I will find myself in the city and fuck up badly and I would prefer to know the situation ahead of time. Does it differ between cities? Melbourne will be fine if you could explain the process please. I know this is autistic, but I have next to zero experience with this normal people shit.
>>
>>29650028
If you are in Sydney you need the card. You can order it online or buy it at a newsagent.
>>
>>29650069
Ok thanks anon, and I just touch the card on the thing when I get on and touch it when I get off right?

What about in other places that don't require a card and dealing with actual change?
>>
>>29650067
I know its difficult for an autismo but when I was there it was all fare cards. You buy them at the station, load them and off you go.

I dont think many places take cash nowadays.
>>
>>29650081
Its the same deal as in melbourne m8. Can't ride without the myki
>>
>>29650087
>>29650091
So I shouldn't worry as long as I'm in an area that takes the cards? Sounds easy enough.

Thanks anons, I appreciate it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.