[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which path to choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
Wife and I are planning to buy first home in Austin TX. We're also planning to have a child next year.

We can get an amazing home for 300k, but bad school districts, meaning private schools are a must.

We could get a good decent home for 400-450k with amazing public schools.

We can afford to do both right now BUT I'm self employed and worried in a few years business might be bad and affording a 300k home is easier than 450k.

Current household income is 240k/year. On a good year it could be 400k, on a bad year, 100k. I posted on r9k because I think robots can give a unique thought, I was a robot 10 years ago until I learned to read social cues and facial expressions, which taught me to feign empathy and gain trust.

The robot in me says to leave wife, impregnate a throwaway woman, raise child to be exception and focus on myself/child without wife slowing us down. The realistic me has to buy my first home with my wife. Age mid 30s
>>
>>29648876
>The robot in me says to leave wife, impregnate a throwaway woman
No it certainly does not. Get fucked normie. I bet your wife cucks you anyway.

Reminder that this is how normals actually think.
>I have a wife and a career and a house and I am rich... but I am still totally one of you guys :^)
Inb4 endless normie butthurt about how they are the real robots and everyone else are just losers.
>>
>>29648911
You seem like an angry elf.

One day you too will evolve.
>>
File: 7846658.jpg (44 KB, 651x335) Image search: [Google]
7846658.jpg
44 KB, 651x335
>The robot in me
>implying robots have children
>implying robots are sadistic and selfish

Are you rich? Do you plan on pre-embryo selection to secure a high IQ for your child? Have you attended atleast a year of parenting and nutrition classes? Can you afford enough money for HGH, test and aromatase inhibitors? No? None of these? Not even one? You just expected the TV and McDonalds to raise your kid so they could grow up to be losers like you? Oh boi.

Don't have kids, you stupid fuck normie.
>>
>>29649457
Wait, just read the part of your household income. Depends on where you live, but that's fine enough for you to be a robot and still have kids. You should still look into everything else I listed though.
>>
get the kid first then buy a house
>>
>>29649457
OP asked for robots not /b escapees
fuck off underaged fag
>>
Education is everythimg, and don't you dare moving when the kid is settled in school.
>>
I don't know, private schools can get really expensive. My Catholic high school was one of the cheaper ones, but it was like $15,000 a year. That's like $60,000 in total, just for high school. I'm lucky I got a scholarship, otherwise I'd never have gone. My elementary school was like $6,000 for all 8 years, which adds up to $48,000. So already you're paying just about the same either way. And none of this takes into account the rising tuition across the country.

So I'd just go for the $400k home. If I could do it all again, I'd just have gone to a good public school instead. Going to a private school really sheltered me and I'm only now learning a lot of stuff I should've learned years ago, like street smarts and that kinda thing. I don't know, that's just my opinion.
>>
>>29648876
Kill your family and yourself, fucking normie.
>>
>>29649602
Holy fuck, your parents dropped all that money on private schooling and still ended uip on r9k??
>>
>>29648876
Leave this board please.
Go to reddit they will help you
>>
>>29649642
I got a full ride through middle school and high school, because all the administrators thought I was like some kinda brilliant savant kid. I don't think so myself though. I'm just really curious about everything and I like to know how it all works.
>>
>>29649724
Yeah but what was the justification for private? I was raised poor by a single mother and I turned out just fine. I went to catholic school but in Canada they're publicly funded (which is a bit fucked)
>>
>>29649724
>brilliant savant kid

You probably are. A lot of people aren't curious about everything and don't give a shit about how it all works
>>
you guys know that replying to bait encourages more bait, right?
>>
>>29648876
Go to whichever neighborhood is likely to have the highest number of blacks, you'll want to have a wide selection of bulls for your wife to choose from if you want to keep her happy.
>>
>>29648876
Aren't private schools expensive? How much is a private school worth versus the amazing public schools to you? Try to assign a monetary value and take that from the private school to determine the true cost per year
Discount the cash flows to present value using a market rate of return, maybe 10 year treasury or S&P
You can use the formula for the present value of an annuity, but you'd have to discount that again since your kid won't be in school for several years. After you have the present value of the true cost of private school, you can add it to the 300k to get the true cost
If it costs more than 450k, you should get the 450k since the value you get for the 300k plus private school is less than the value you get for the 450k
If you want to go deeper, you could calculate the differences in taxes, but that's too much work
You'd have to look up tax rates, factor in property value changes, and then solve
Also you should go somewhere else for this kind of advice
I can only offer simple present value computations
>>
>>29648953
if I ever evolve I will leave this shithole instead of coming back here to make myself feel good because I'm better than somebody.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.