[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does the world even exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
how does the world even exist?
>>
>>29625256
We've literally been a button press away from annihilation several times with the operators under severe duress to nuke us all.

I speculate this mean that both the Many-Worlds Hypothesis and Quantum Immortality are correct.
>>
>>29625365
>buy lottery ticket
>decide to kill yourself if it doesn't win
guaranteed way to be rich. Just think, there is a universe out there right now where the Supreme Gentleman is living out his dreams
>>
Luck and >>29625365

A bunch of shit exploded in space, some of the shit stuck back together and made planets. On each planet presumably, some type of life (also including lack thereof or anatomic we don't understand) has existed as a result of the composition of the planet.

Further still, life can only exist under certain conditions. The types of life that could live under those conditions is very small in comparison to the sum total of all life forms.

One of those planets was Earth and one of the lifeforms was humanity. The universe is far too large to give a fuck that one life form has gained enough sentience to rub two brain cells together and wonder how it got there.

Luck.
>>
File: 1457338210103.png (3 KB, 223x274) Image search: [Google]
1457338210103.png
3 KB, 223x274
>>29626105
Wow man never fucking thought of it like that
Kill yourself
>>
>>29626121
Maybe later. I wanna check out VR and put a dent in my backlog first.
>>
>>29625256
Lel. It only started existing when you were born. How would you know that you were the only one who truly has senses? I mean, we're just P-Zombies you created to be less lonely. Matter doesn't even exist. It's only an idea in the mind.

Oh, and science isn't objective. It's strongly subjective, but not objective.

If you remove your senses, one by one, until left with your thoughts, and are still alive, it would seem like the world would cease to exist. From your perspective, only you can verify your existence.

Lel science fags come at me. Philosophy fags unite!
>>
>>29625256
It doesn't. You're just imagining us into existence.
On a somewhat related note, you should watch Dark Star.
It's a very underappreciated cult classic. I think it was originally marketed as a 2001 knockoff but it's a unique black comedy. Don't judge too the the super low budget too harshly.
As an added bonus, every true robot will be able to identify with Pinback.
Not super easy to find the full thing on public trackers though.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.