[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw it's almost impossible to forge meaningful male
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
433 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw it's almost impossible to forge meaningful male friendship these days

Anyone else know this feel?

It seems like men can't be close friends without women and homos sexualizing and stigmatizing it (i.e. suggesting that they must be secret gay lovers).

Also, most men these days have become feminized in their interactions with fellow men thanks to social media. They think liking your inane Facebook or sending a meaningless text message is all the work that's required to maintain a friendship. How about picking up the phone and giving me a call so we can go grab a beer and actually enjoy each other's beer?

This is all so frustrating. It seems like it wasn't long ago that groups of men would regularly get together to go hunting or fishing or participate in some other pastime they all enjoyed. Now every relationship seems so static and fleeting.
>>
>How about picking up the phone and giving me a call so we can go grab a beer and actually enjoy each other's beer?

Fuck. I meant to say enjoy each other's company.
>>
>>29624422
I know the feeling. I think it's mostly just my complete inability to grasp emotional and social thought. In a social setting, I often have zero knowledge of what to say, I might as well be in a land where I don't speak the tongue. I also have problems smilng, even if I'm enjoying myself I can look bored a lot. Have to force a smile for situations sometimes.
>>
I have no idea what you're on about.

Nobody questions male friendship, it's pretty normal. Close friends get hugs, just like family. If anyone thinks that's homoerotic then I guess they like fantasizing about gays? I dunno. I think there's something wrong with people who think that all contact is sexual.

I don't use social media so I can't really comment on that part. It's always been hard to find good friends. That's why you need to take care of true friends when you have them.

Why don't you invite a friend out to do something? If everyone is sitting at home waiting for someone else to suggest something then nobody gets to spend time with each other.
>>
>>29624422
>
Also, most men these days have become feminized in their interactions with fellow men thanks to social media. They think liking your inane Facebook or sending a meaningless text message is all the work that's required to maintain a friendship.

I don't know if I would call that becoming feminized, but yeah, I do agree. I have a lot of freinds like this, I only really feel proper friendship when we are hanging out/in a voice call though. I find actually talking is a lot better.

I am gay though, so I guess it could be a bit different. I'm not really interested in my friends sexually though (they're mostly straight).
>>
Don't take your current friendship group to be representative of everyone. My two good bros, we don't do any social media except for texting to organize hanging out, and we have warm bear hugs and the occasional kiss on the head/butt slap. It's not easy to find people who are comfortable with this sort of thing though.
>>
File: 1464724298071.png (3 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
1464724298071.png
3 KB, 240x210
I wish I had friends I could be bros with. I've never known that feel.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.