[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I am totally for determinism and do not believe in free will,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 57615336_p0.jpg (349 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
57615336_p0.jpg
349 KB, 700x700
If I am totally for determinism and do not believe in free will, what corollaries of this do I have to accept?
>>
File: 1463223797659.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1463223797659.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
You have to accept killing yourself because that is the most cucked belief system ever
>>
>>29624215
After you've accepted the fact in your pic those who don't kill themselves do so because they'd rather believe in the illusion and feel that personal value in things means something to them, so fuck what the universe thinks.
>>
1. You could not have done otherwise

2. People don't have fundamental responsibility for what they do. If someone does something shitty, it's literally because the matter and energy in their brain was arranged in such a way as to compel shitty behavior, like how a digestive system can be arranged in such a way to cause someone to shit their pants. There is no magical ghost in the shell that can grab the reins of your brain. It's going to do what the laws of physics compel it to do.

3. Any time you take any kind of drug, you are changing who you are. Psychoactive drugs WILL alter your thinking patterns, and again, there is no ghost who can "choose" to override their effects. They'll have the effect on your brain that they have to, based on physics.

4. Even though you don't have free will, your actions still have consequences. Your actions, though caused themselves, can still be causes for other things.

5. Everything around you influences you on a subconscious level. Unlike what you were taught in school, people can and do MAKE you do things. This means that you should be selective about the kinds of people you spend time around, because they WILL influence you, whether you consciously realize it or not.
>>
Bump for determinism/free will discussion

Free will threads often grow to 300+ posts, but I think they generally tend to be posted during daytime hours.
>>
>>29624010
if there's no free will then how can you be morally responsible?

do what you want
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.